Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  165
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post-flag plummet was always possible

Rotating premiership assistant coaches out of their roles, into new rules for their development and not necessarily the players development.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Stringer fiasco.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Our PR has been really poor. Our messaging from basic things, to senior positions, to an extent articulating how and why we were moving on Stringer lacked precision.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Managing the alleged tension between JMac & Dal. JMac quit, and despite Dal having this year under contract he's now at Sydney.

This could be filed under retain senior officials too.

Post Thanks / Like

Injuries. I'm not sold our team has done or is doing enough. Especially ACL injuries.

Post Thanks / Like

Amazed at some who still buy the rubbish the club is selling.

Post Thanks / Like

List management too. We've not cut hard enough, retained sub par players, signed back up players (nearly never selected) and now we've got a huge cut or too ahead (which makes careful management harder).

Post Thanks / Like

Telling the bannerman to piss off ... after he'd rejuvenated a tired medium to the club's benefit.

File under 'Headscratchers'.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Not spiritedly enough defending the premiership on field.
    In 33 games since the premiership, losing 18 and now being completely impotent to even kick goals. 2 goals vs Adealide. 7 goals in 6 quarters against Collingwood (0) and Melbourne (7). 9 goals in 10 quarters over 3 weeks is embarrassing.

Post Thanks / Like

Nothing above tells me the club is a joke. Most of what has been posted is really minor stuff, and if we were winning no one would bat an eyelid.

No one is happy with the onfield performance, but off field we are a strong club.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nothing above tells me the club is a joke. Most of what has been posted is really minor stuff, and if we were winning no one would bat an eyelid.

No one is happy with the onfield performance, but off field we are a strong club.
    Which is moot if we continue to go further into a downward spiral and we will. On and off the field we are a joke. The AFL world laughs at us and rightly so.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't say joke - it's just really disappointing to be treated with such condescension as a supporter in light of the continual garbage being dished up on the field.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

14. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Which is moot if we continue to go further into a downward spiral and we will. On and off the field we are a joke. The AFL world laughs at us and rightly so.
    Not sure off the field the club is a joke
    Would have thought to turn the clubs finances and sponsors like they have is a joke
    On field we’ve been embarrassing two years after a flag . The club needs to stick to one message to the fan base .

Post Thanks / Like

I think about the off field stuff like once or twice a month. I think about the on field stuff like a month's worth of thoughts in one day.

I'm not worried about Turtles comments. No one had a crystal ball at the start of 17. Why would you sell caution to the members off the back of a flag when you can sell optimism, more memberships and merchandising.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

17. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been a member since 81 and I've never been happier with where the club sits. Since 2014, 2 X VFL, 1 X AFL, 1 X AFLw premierships, no debt, profitable, record membership, great alliance with Ballarat, Mercedes, Mission and others, our vice president was integral in a deal to get Disney involved in docklands ( which will hopefully benefit us), a brilliant young CEO in Ameet who is very impressive; not to mention the amazing work done in the sons of the west and multicultural programs driven by the club. To suggest we are a joke or thought of as such doesn't have a factual basis and is more suitably written in rubbish newspapers and particular forums (not the fine folk of woof) where contemptuous armchair warriors rail against the club. Im not suggesting we are perfect, The failed Edgewater project, the sad departure of Jake and that abomination of a jumper yesterday is proof of that, however I think from a big picture point of view we are in the strongest position Ive seen in my days supporting the club which makes me very proud to support the red white and blue. ��⚪��

19. Likes bornadog, Eastdog, ratsmac liked this post