Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  165
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post-flag plummet was always possible

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Agree with most of what you say, however I do think there is a negative trend and a group pile on dynamic demonstrating vitriol towards the club in a lot of posts. Certainly if Granty is performing badly in his role it should be called out and discussed intelligently with facts above emotions. To say he should be sacked for an article that was pretty honest and to the point is bewildering to say the least. This is a great forum with intelligent contributors and agree most make alot of sense.
    I have no idea on how Grant is performing in his role, he seemed to be the tiebreaker in the Stinger trade between Dodoro and McCartney so I assume he is doing his job well but I don't really know.
    Does it mean he is good at spinning stories? probably not based on this article and one after last years draft that appear to be way off the mark. Essentially I'm only challenging the content of the article and the action of the club at the trade and draft tables over the last 2 years and saying the stories don't match. Others can judge and debate if that's is the right assumption or not.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

For anyone in any doubt as to the effect of the message delivered by Grant and the words of Bevo pre and post match...Lyon, Brown and Roos were champing at the bit to question how misaligned the messages are.
    Now they are always keen to look for a way to sink the boot in, but our poor media and communication strategy has clearly seen us offer our head to pop up over the parapet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    For anyone in any doubt as to the effect of the message delivered by Grant and the words of Bevo pre and post match...Lyon, Brown and Roos were champing at the bit to question how misaligned the messages are.
    Now they are always keen to look for a way to sink the boot in, but our poor media and communication strategy has clearly seen us offer our head to pop up over the parapet.
    Exactly. One thing we're great at doing is giving the gutter trash some click bait.

Post Thanks / Like

Some great contributions on here regardless of differing opinions
    All I’ll say on the narrative is that we’re not the first and won’t be the last on changing midstream.
    I think we’ve been a little to nice to players that we didn’t need to be.

Post Thanks / Like

Heard that tonight , yet they blow wind up the backside of chronically underperforming Brisbane , Carlton and others .
    Sadly , I agree with what they said , but not some clubs who’ve been abysmal for some time get a pass

Post Thanks / Like

Lyon and Roos were bang on the money - our explanation over the weekend is deeply insulting to our outstanding 2015 and 2016 campaigns. It's galling enough when external people bag our premiership as some 4 week fluke, let alone when we do it ourselves.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

8. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately this was always going to happen with what we gave Turtle to say. The only thing we can do is to fix this area off field. I’m not confident that’s going to happen owing to the pattern of own goals. Hopefully we just won’t see them anymore that will show us all we’ve raised our game.

Hopefully this narrative runs out of steam ASAP.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure it had a heap of steam. Footy Classified had about 40 seconds on it, Chris Judd shut down Caro pretty quickly by talking some sense about how it was reasonable for the club to expect that it was at least a possibility that this decline could occur. And then they moved on.

Judd talks a bit too much sense for the Footy Class’ drama queens at times! He’s got them covered by panels.

11. Likes Funke disco liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Judd talks a bit too much sense for the Footy Class’ drama queens at times! He’s got them covered by panels.
    Juddy is hands down the best AFL media performer by a mile. Absolute gun.

Post Thanks / Like

Feel I need to point out that Judd is an alt-right Jordan Peterson-rhetoric spouting goon who can't stop making reference to "the great Donald Trump" every chance he gets, but sure.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    Feel I need to point out that Judd is an alt-right Jordan Peterson-rhetoric spouting goon who can't stop making reference to "the great Donald Trump" every chance he gets, but sure.
    Had no idea of his political allegiences, but as a footy media performer he is measured, methodical, polished and reasoned. He is the antithesis of gutter scribes like Caro and Barrett, who revel in heresay, rumour and innuendo.

Post Thanks / Like

Unlike Lloyd who just blurted out unsubstantiated claims that nobody gets along with one another .

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't stand Judd, and now I know why. He and Andrew Bogut should get together, they deserve each other.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Save it for your next young Greens protest. This is a football forum.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

19. Thanks Webby, 1eyedog, bulldogsman thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Save it for your next young Greens protest. This is a football forum.
    Still says alot about the person with those views.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

21. Likes Raw Toast liked this post