Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  21
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Luke Beveridge and club direction

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    It’s a joke with some science thrown in for good measure.
    cheers, sorry for lacking a sense of humour with all the negative posts happening.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Sorry you have lost me.

If the solution to not getting an ACL was found, you would be a millionaire.
    Have you seen the incident I’m referencing?
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the incident I’m referencing?
    Only saw it briefly

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Only saw it briefly
    I think my post will make sense if you do rewatch it. Bont is leading Lever to where he wants the ball kicked, the kick goes to Levers advantage and causes both players to suddenly change direction. Levers knee gives way
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

I think my post will make sense if you do rewatch it. Bont is leading Lever to where he wants the ball kicked, the kick goes to Levers advantage and causes both players to suddenly change direction. Levers knee gives way
    That is the trouble with ACLs, you never know when it is going to happen. That action by Lever is probably done a 100 times in a match.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    It's definitely a break down between mids and forwards.
    Maybe the mids coach should be the forwards coach as well so they connect properly.
    I do question our team selections at times and the big one is Wallis , he is the one who gives his all for the club and always will , he is a good shot at goal and his passing into the the forward line is better than anyone else we have.
    Campbell another.
    I just don't get it as much as we diagnose every week it comes back to strange team selection quite a few times now.
    But in saying all this if our forward line and mids suddenly connect I think we would be extremely hard to beat.
    The midfield-forward interaction is really letting us down. As you say ledge if this is addressed then we would all of sudden be much more competitive and win more games than we lose but at the moment it does not look like it will change.

I was speaking to my mate today and he hints at that the coaching personnel around Bevo needs a bit of a shake up as a few woofers have suggested. I think we must give Bevo a chance to reinvigorate this list to become a force again.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

8. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry you have lost me.

If the solution to not getting an ACL was found, you would be a millionaire.
    It's pretty obvious to me.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Beveridge’s reasons stack up: Healy

Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy has defended Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge saying injuries to key players and the departure of some of their experienced heads has led to their downfall.

The Bulldogs slipped to their third straight defeat when they were beaten by 49 points by Melbourne on Saturday, putting their finals chances at risk

It’s been a dramatic fall from grace following the Dogs’ drought breaking premiership in 2016, but Healy believes Beveridge has been hindered by issues that are out of his control.

“They’ve got a number of good players off their list, they’ve got a lot of injuries to key personnel and they’ve got a lot of form issues,” he told Sportsday.

“They went in and won it with a side that wasn’t one of the all-time great sides.

“It was a side that was brilliant for a month.”

Following the loss to the Demons, Beveridge said the club’s expectations have risen to an unrealistic level following their unexpected flag two years ago.

“‘I think what we did in ’16 hasn’t done anyone a favour,” he said.

“It probably hasn’t done us a favour because everyone just thinks they can win it every year. Richmond were extraordinarily good last year and people just expect the Bulldogs can win it this year. Whether we can or we can’t, that remains to be seen.

‘‘That’s where other clubs are now under pressure when they shouldn’t be. The expectation around some of the clubs that have been down and how quickly they should climb is maybe because of what we did in ’16.

“Maybe that’s not possible or even practical.’’
    Last edited by bornadog; 05-06-2018 at 04:37 PM.

11. Thanks N/A thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Beveridge’s reasons stack up: Healy

Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy has defended Western Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge saying injuries to key players and the departure of some of their experienced heads has led to their downfall.

The Bulldogs slipped to their third straight defeat when they were beaten by 49 points by Melbourne on Saturday, putting their finals chances at risk

It’s been a dramatic fall from grace following the Dogs’ drought breaking premiership in 2016, but Healy believes Beveridge has been hindered by issues that are out of his control.

“They’ve got a number of good players off their list, they’ve got a lot of injuries to key personnel and they’ve got a lot of form issues,” he told Sportsday.

“They went in and won it with a side that wasn’t one of the all-time great sides.

“It was a side that was brilliant for a month.”

Following the loss to the Demons, Beveridge said the club’s expectations have risen to an unrealistic level following their unexpected flag two years ago.

“‘I think what we did in ’16 hasn’t done anyone a favour,” he said.

“It probably hasn’t done us a favour because everyone just thinks they can win it every year. Richmond were extraordinarily good last year and people just expect the Bulldogs can win it this year. Whether we can or we can’t, that remains to be seen.

‘‘That’s where other clubs are now under pressure when they shouldn’t be. The expectation around some of the clubs that have been down and how quickly they should climb is maybe because of what we did in ’16.

“Maybe that’s not possible or even practical.’’
    Sack Bevo ��

Post Thanks / Like

Bevo clearly disappointed in the presser but gave an honest assessment.
    Win or Lose Luke gives a good account of himself in conferences. The journalists must like working with him. Some here mentioned he used a silence to cut it short, but I disagree. I felt he gave a lot of good insights and the injury question usually comes last, which it did, so presser was same as usual in structure, just speeded up a bit.

I would forgive him if I saw him smash a phone, rocket style or something. Throw a few clip boards around. Guys, chances are going begging!

Bevo commented we are not getting enough out of the midfield group. But overall in 2019....
    Turnovers is an area that's hurting us. Goal kicking is an area hurting us.
    Maybe North was and is the better team after all. We might have some talented players, but its how you work together that counts.

For a bit of class and poise, a season otherwise full of good moments being dragged down. Only takes a few clanger kicks in the backline at the wrong time and missed shots each week to bring a heap of pressure on us.

I hope Gia can be in the coaching group next year if he is successful in 2019 at the VFL. He's got a lot of experience, was a good kick and great midfielder. Had the class we need as a player, hope he can teach it.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 27-05-2019 at 04:39 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Bevo commented we are not getting enough out of the midfield group. But overall in 2019....
    Turnovers is an area that's hurting us. Goal kicking is an area hurting us.
    North's midfield beat us, but I'm not willing to say the midfield overall this year has been poor even though I have question marks over the defensive side of the game at times.

We've lost games this year with the midfield breaking even or winning despite getting smashed int he ruck. We've lost while winning the inside 50 count.
    We lack forwards. Not "guys who bust a gut and kind of breakeven", but genuine spent their whole career there forwards.

Lloyd stands out like dogs balls because he is a natural forward. He's slow and not great overhead but has genuine forward craft so looks fantastic. If we had guys who are actual forwards rather than a ragtag bunch of defenders and mids thrown forward in hope, we would be a far better side. Sadly I think that means we have to sacrifice a defender and a mid - Wood must be on thin ice, and Wally is best 22 on desperation and ability but we're are getting to the stage where structure is more important than talent.

Richards cameos forward but is forte is running and carrying the ball then delivering on the run, something he simply cannot do if playing forward of the ball.

I'm bracing for one of our mid-season picks being a defender with 'some' forwardline scope. Gardner or Riccardi will help our list profile as talls, but I really wish our next selection would be a small or mid sized forward who will pick up our system quickly and get a chance in the second half of the year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Completely agree, Mofra.

One guy that I think we've really missed this year has been Fergus Greene. He's a natural forward who hits the scoreboard, kicks straight and actually presents up to the footy. No surprise for mine that his inclusion last year also coincided with an improvement in form.

The sooner guys like Greene, Cavarra and hopefully Dickson start to filter into the best 22, the better our forward line will function. We're really lacking in forward craft and pressure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lemmon View Post
    Completely agree, Mofra.

One guy that I think we've really missed this year has been Fergus Greene. He's a natural forward who hits the scoreboard, kicks straight and actually presents up to the footy. No surprise for mine that his inclusion last year also coincided with an improvement in form.

The sooner guys like Greene, Cavarra and hopefully Dickson start to filter into the best 22, the better our forward line will function. We're really lacking in forward craft and pressure.
    Dickson is 31 and playing like he's 41... unfortunately, he's not the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Dickson is 31 and playing like he's 41... unfortunately, he's not the answer.
    Dickson 2016 finals was amazing but right now certainly I feel past his peak. Was a great shot at goal. I’m hoping Josh Schache fills this role. Good mark and kick. Needs to get his confidence up Josh.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"