Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  34
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Character Building - Doggies Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The Bulldog tragician wrote a good book on the events of that Fightback and merger so that we can remember never to be in that position again.

I think I have three copies.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

2. Likes bornadog, N/A, The bulldog tragician liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Essendon have not won a final since 2004. Carlton hasn’t won a Premiership since 1995. We won the Premiership less than two years ago. When I was growing up in the 80s and 90s if you would have told me that we would win a Premiership and the Bombers and Blues would linger near the bottom of the ladder for ~two decades and be engulfed by scandals .... I would have never ever believed you!!!!!!!

Sometimes you need to be grateful for what you have.

Post Thanks / Like

Mark Stevens

@Stevo7AFL
    Jun 4
    More
    A lot of morbid talk surrrounding the Dogs. Yeah, they might have taken a dive, and have been poor, but if you’re going to freefall, do it from Everest. Beats the hell out of continually tripping up at base camp ...

Post Thanks / Like

Stevo beseeching the masses for a bit of perspective.

On whose behalf though I wonder ... maybe he's just had a gutful like the rest of us.

I trust we're putting as much effort into remedying the rot than explaining it away.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Stevo beseeching the masses for a bit of perspective.

On whose behalf though I wonder ... maybe he's just had a gutful like the rest of us.

I trust we're putting as much effort into remedying the rot than explaining it away.
    I want solutions, not excuses. I want a big second half of the year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

7. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I want solutions, not excuses. I want a big second half of the year.
    Me too. I just watched the Elimination Final again. We monstered the Cokes in that game. They had no answers to our INTENSITY. We have lost that manic attack, spread and run. Fitness plays a huge part in that.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

9. Likes WBFC4FFC, bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    Me too. I just watched the Elimination Final again. We monstered the Cokes in that game. They had no answers to our INTENSITY. We have lost that manic attack, spread and run. Fitness plays a huge part in that.
    What a great game beating them over there and they were in form. That was the start of a special month.

Went to both our 16 MCG finals (Semi and GF) both great (beating that arrogant brown and gold mob and the Swans in the big one and watching us with the cup in my memory forever now).

The best ever game I have watched from home was the Prelim final.

I did it all GF week (twice going to Whitten Oval, GF parade and the Grand Final) - hopefully will get there again soon.

It is tough now but still a very proud Bulldog here.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    What a great game beating them over there and they were in form. That was the start of a special month.

Went to both our 16 MCG finals (Semi and GF) both great (beating that arrogant brown and gold mob and the Swans in the big one and watching us with the cup in my memory forever now).

The best ever game I have watched from home was the Prelim final.

I did it all GF week (twice going to Whitten Oval, GF parade and the Grand Final) - hopefully will get there again soon.

It is tough now but still a very proud Bulldog here.
    I'm so glad that I got to share that magic month with my dad, my son and my bestest footy mate (best mate full stop really. I don't know why I'm limiting it to footy). Dad died in May 2017 so tgat made it all the more special.

Sometimes footy is just brilliant for so many reasons.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

12. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I'm so glad that I got to share that magic month with my dad, my son and my bestest footy mate (best mate full stop really. I don't know why I'm limiting it to footy). Dad died in May 2017 so tgat made it all the more special.

Sometimes footy is just brilliant for so many reasons.
    That makes me happy that your Dad got to see us win and also Harvey Stevens saw us win as well. I'm the only Doggies supporter in my family but I remember prelim final night when we won they were just all so happy for me Mum, Dad and my brother.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"