Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  4
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: If Not Us, Then Who?

Not Adelaide. Maybe GWS as I’m unlikely to meet their 3 members and the experiment can die.

Post Thanks / Like

Wet Toast wouldn't bother me. And hubby would be happy. Port or Adelaide wouldn't fuss me too much either.

The thought of Tiggers going back to back makes me feel ill. Demons would feel like they were ripping off the Richmond story last year which was a cheap rip off of our story the year before. And Colliewobbles would also be gross.

And Geelong would also be revolting. The whole "favourite son" rubbish with Gablett Jnr being back in town drives me up the wall. The dude left Geelong, whinging that he was under too much pressure, wanted a quieter life, just play football, blah, blah, blah then turns around and heads straight back! We won't mention the $$$ that he neatly pocketed at GC either, ruins the romance of the prodigal son returning home story...
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

I like Buckley. No frills, intelligent bloke. A lot of media were baying for his blood so would be good for them to eat humble pie. If Pies do not win it then Port or Wet Toast. No no no to the plastic oranges - that would be just horrible and I am not even sure I could watch a GF with them in it, except if it was against us. Melbourne - yeah, nah. Adelaide - I still remember ‘97 so nope and the thought of McAvaney trying to keep a lid on it and not succeeding is not appealing. Richmond - thought their fans have been ok so if they did win it again l’d be ok with that. Liked cats when Bartel and Enright played but not so much now. And it’s bad enough listening to Ling’s whiny inane comments now so god help us if his cats won.

4. Likes The Adelaide Connection liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread has mostly been about who you want to win/not win.

Who do you think will actually win the flag?

Looking at the current top 11 (top 8 and 3 possible teams), I think you can dismiss Hawks (not good enough), Giants (too many injuries and poor ruckmen), Crows (too many injuries), Roos (not good enough), Demons (piss weak). Port look flash when they are on, but I query how they will go under finals pressure.

Leaves 5. WCE, Tigers, Swans, Cats and Pies. Recent Cats teams have fallen apart under finals pressure, so exclude them.

So it's out of WCE, Swans, Tigers and Pies IMO. If that lot play out the prelims, it will be good weekend.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood for mine. Especially after Buckley and the Pies hosting a colleague of mine yesterday.

Plus I like the way the Pies play.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Collingwood for mine. Especially after Buckley and the Pies hosting a colleague of mine yesterday.

Plus I like the way the Pies play.
    I know why we don't play as we did in 2016. Matty Boyd has taken our handballing club to Collingwood.

8. Thanks EasternWest thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I know why we don't play as we did in 2016. Matty Boyd has taken our handballing club to Collingwood.

It's the first thing he did at Collingwood.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood clearly for me. My mother’s side of the family all Pies, and I have respect for how Buckley has handled himself in adversity, now the Matty Boyd connection and Eddie has gone out of his way at times to help my father out when he didn’t have to.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't mind Collingwood. Some good mates are Collingwoid supporters and they were the first two voicemails left after the siren rang in 2016.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    That might explain it.

Actually, the father if Collingwood's Dustin Martin is another colleague of mine and he's not a bad fella, so that's another reason I hope they win.
    "It's over. It's all over."