Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Mid season club report card

Pretty simple.

Pick a club, assess how it has gone in the first half of the season, give them a score from 1 to 10 and then predict the club's season finish in 2018.

I'll start with one of our favourite teams, St Kilda.

Team: St Kilda

Mid-season rating: 2.5/10

Expected end of season finish: 3rd last

OK, I've a shit 2018 personally so far and therefore I've seen very little footy, but I've seen a little bit of the Saints.

And they stink.

Gave them the 1/10 plus 1 for drawing against a weakened Giants side and 0.5 for a collection of silly haircuts and tatts.

Forwards that can kick for goal worse than us. Aside from Stevens, a shit midfield. Half the side gets concussion, or diabetes, or both. A defence that, despite having Carlisle, mirrors the Italian Army in WW2.

And the waste of all those great draft picks.

They are utter rubbish.

They'll come third last at best.

Over to you for other teams.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mid season club report card

Team: Essendon
    Mid-season rating: 3/10
    Expected finish: 11th

An exciting, attacking brand of football in 2017 combined with 3 key additions over the off-season had hopes high, but the Bombers have lacked intensity, skills and a hard edge. Questions about the player types they targeted have proven well founded, as their midfield has been well beaten. Lost their way and tried to change the game plan mid season. 5-7 after 12, they are not without a chance of playing finals, but are already 2 games and percentage outside
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

4. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post