Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Key forward slims down, hits the ground running

link

20-year-old Josh Schache is noticeably leaner after having shed almost ten kilos since making the move from Brisbane.

Now weighing 94 kilos, the 199cm forward worked hard over the summer in order to improve his aerobic capacity and cover more ground on the field.

“When I left Brisbane and came down here I dropped about ten kilos,” Schache told westernbulldogs.com.au.

“I’ve really leaned back, I think I was probably carrying a bit too much unnecessary weight up in Brisbane. I dropped that weight so I could try and get around the ground a bit more and try and use that running ability to my strengths.”

Schache will work to add more muscle to his frame, finding the balance in his diet and training program.

“I’ve learnt a lot about my body and what I can eat. The more I eat, the more bad weight I put on. I’ve found a balance with maintaining the good and bad weight with what I’m eating at the moment, now it’s just about how I can get that good weight on effectively.

“I feel a lot better, that I can cover the ground a bit more and I’m a bit better below the knees than what I used to be, I think. I’ll keep working on that side of my game as well.”

Eight months after joining the Western Bulldogs, Schache has adjusted to his new club and is enjoying being closer to his family, who live in regional Victoria.

“Being closer to family and friends has been really cool. I get back to Seymour most weekends so I’m able to get that release from footy. I’m really enjoying (my time with) all of the boys as well. All of the coaches have been really good for my development, especially Ash with his insights into how I can improve my game.”

Schache shares a house close to Whitten Oval with teammates Brad Lynch and Bailey Dale.

“I’m just living around the corner from the club. The house is clean, everyone’s doing their part. It’s been good.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

2. Thanks Remi Moses thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Key forward slims down, hits the ground running

Good to know that Brad, Bailey & Josh keep a clean house.

4. Likes Bulldog Revolution liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't realize he is 6 ft 6. Definitely needs to work on his strength.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    From what he says about taking his diet seriously he is walking the walk. It's a very small sample size but I like what I have seen so far of his skills. He's a big guy, if we can get him a bigger tank and some size he could be handy running through the 50 metre arcs taking marks.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Losing weight as soon as he got here , mirror of what we did with Tom Boyd , can we please not try and turn him into a ruck and leave him as a forward this time round ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Yeah he's like a baby Giraffe out there. Wouldn't think he was 94kg's the way he gets shoved around.