Likes Likes:  23
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL Round 22, 2018

ROUND 22, 2018

Friday August 17

Richmond v Essendon, MCG (7.50pm)

Saturday August 18

Collingwood v Port Adelaide, MCG (1.45pm)

Geelong v Fremantle, GMHBA Stadium (2.10pm)

GWS Giants v Sydney Swans, Spotless Stadium (4.35pm)

Gold Coast Suns v Brisbane Lions, Metricon Stadium (7.25pm)

St Kilda v Hawthorn, Etihad Stadium (7.25pm)

Sunday August 19

Carlton v Western Bulldogs, Etihad Stadium (1.10pm)

West Coast Eagles v Melbourne, Perth Stadium (3.20pm)

Adelaide v North Melbourne, Adelaide Oval (4.40pm)
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: AFL Round 22, 2018

Bump
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

The drug cheats will be entering their 16th consecutive season next year without winning a single final in that time. And yet the media continue to fawn over them like a long lost puppy.

Bugger all injuries this year except Daniher and still not good enough to make the top 8. Mediocre club from the top down.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

4. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Given how many cheerleaders the Bombres had in the meeja this week, as if they were any legitimate chance, the result's a sweet one.

I still don't get the hopeful glee attached to the prospect this bunch of arseholes doing anything. Do the hard yards to earn it you wretched bastards.

Go win another trade period you pricks.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

6. Likes Go_Dogs, merantau, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    The drug cheats will be entering their 16th consecutive season next year without winning a single final in that time. And yet the media continue to fawn over them like a long lost puppy.

Bugger all injuries this year except Daniher and still not good enough to make the top 8. Mediocre club from the top down.
    I love it that tge media fawn all over them. Then they strut around towns with big boof heads thinking they've acheived because their names are always in the paper saying what good players they are.

You know if I'd been through all that embarrassment and worry and sanctions and stuff over the drug scandal I'd have expected a few winning finals if not a flag in the time we were on the juice. They would all have been taken away and stuff but you'd always have that experience on GF day and the celebrations. But Essendon did diddly squat. Won nada.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

5665 days since they won a final apparently , well 5300 but count the next 365 days at the least, they are not a big club at all anymore.
    And the last time they won a final without Sheedy was 1978 I believe.
    I love those stats.
    Bring back the biff

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Saad being run down by Rioli with less than 30 sec to go. Shows his not that quick but Rioli quicker.

Stringer has done nothing for them this year apart from 2-3 games, where he has had 20+ possessions and 3 goals.

Yep keep flogging that winning trade week garbage.

11. Likes GVGjr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It was lovely to see their season's hopes to live on until the very last minute of the game and then be snuffed out at the death. Stringer still manages to drop chest marks.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
    It was lovely to see their season's hopes to live on until the very last minute of the game and then be snuffed out at the death. Stringer still manages to drop chest marks.
    His body shape for a professional athlete is hilarious. He must finish training and pick up KFC on the way home each day.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice also to understand how unsuccessful they have been in recent times.

Longest run without a GF appearance

Carlton and North 19 years
    Melbourne 18
    Essendon 16

Longest run since a finals win
    Essendon 14 years
    Melbourne 12 years
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Essendon and I'm rapt that their season has finally been given the bullet.

But that last 15 minutes or so showed the way to beat Richmond. It takes courage and skill, but slicing kicks to leading players through the corridor, handball to the overlap and catching their defenders one out is the way. Geelong almost did it, too. Unfortunately, both teams left it way too late. If a team can pull the trigger from the first bounce, they'll beat the Tigers.

GWS and Hawthorn are the 2 that have the skill to do it, but GWS don't have the heart especially on the MCG.

Hawks for 2018 flag.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

16. Likes soupman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    I hate Essendon and I'm rapt that their season has finally been given the bullet.

But that last 15 minutes or so showed the way to beat Richmond. It takes courage and skill, but slicing kicks to leading players through the corridor, handball to the overlap and catching their defenders one out is the way. Geelong almost did it, too. Unfortunately, both teams left it way too late. If a team can pull the trigger from the first bounce, they'll beat the Tigers.

GWS and Hawthorn are the 2 that have the skill to do it, but GWS don't have the heart especially on the MCG.

Hawks for 2018 flag.
    I think you are spot on, other teams would have taken note that there is a style that will trouble them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Nice also to understand how unsuccessful they have been in recent times.

Longest run without a GF appearance

Carlton and North 19 years
    Melbourne 18
    Essendon 16

Longest run since a finals win
    Essendon 14 years
    Melbourne 12 years
    That stat should go in BT's Career Best thread.

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

Hawks for 2018 flag.
    Good summary. You're right, the Tiges don't have an intercept marking type like McGovern and the team best equipped to expose them with that surgical passing game it's Hawthorn.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Bloody hell, Freo really gunning to finish below us on percentage...

This could a tight finish for pick 5 or pick 6.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Freo doing their best to get their % under ours for a better draft pick.
    I will never see #16 the same!!