Thread: Pick 7

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick 5

Damn Fremantle to hell

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    Damn Fremantle to hell
    No point worrying about things you can't control.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

3. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    No point worrying about things you can't control.
    Yeah it's out of our hands really. We still have a top 10 pick and the draft this year as they are saying is very good. I much rather we end the season strongly which we have. Hopefully we put in a good performance against the Tigers in our final game for 2018.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Yeah it's out of our hands really. We still have a top 10 pick and the draft this year as they are saying is very good. I much rather we end the season strongly which we have. Hopefully we put in a good performance against the Tigers in our final game for 2018.
    I really want to win this weekend. And if we move the ball quickly and take chances we can. We have a chance of finishing the season with 4 wins in a row and at least go into the preseason on the back of some good form and a big win, momentum is everything in footy and it would be something to take out of a flop of a season.

6. Likes Bulldog Joe, Bulldog4life, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't get me wrong here, I want to win as well, but realistically, how much 'momentum' can a club carry into a pre-season?

If by some miracle we do win, I can see the conversation being contaminated by discussions about Richmond steady having top spot sewn up and taking it easy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If by some miracle we do win, I can see the conversation being contaminated by discussions about Richmond steady having top spot sewn up and taking it easy.
    Not sure Richmond will want to relinquish their 20 game winning streak stronghold on the MCG, a week before finals. They will also bring back a bunch of key players to tune up for September.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

9. Likes Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    It's official, we want someone in the top six.

Bevo 'disappointed' if priority picks impact draft.

"We'll be pretty disappointed if these compensation picks come in before us in the draft, because our demographic as far as youth versus mature age isn't dissimilar," Beveridge said."

"We feel like our players are in an environment and program where they can really blossom and flourish, but we are where we are on the ladder and we're building again and who knows how far away that is."

"We're anticipating there will be an extra one between us and the first pick because of Lynch," Beveridge said."

"Other than that, I'd hope there's nothing fresh in there between us and Lynch. But that's up to the AFL, it'll all be well considered."

"We saw today, Carlton is a pretty young team and I think they would have been younger and less experienced than us, but they almost beat us."
    On my casual following of such things, I thought this was the first game all year where we were not younger and less experienced than our opponents.

Checked on Footy Wire

Averages
    Carlton Attribute Western Bulldogs
    187.9cm Height 187.7cm

85.6kg Weight 85.4kg

24yr 6mth Age 24yr 2mth

85.7 Games 81.0
    So they had 4 games more experience on average and 4 months older

Total Players By Games
    Carlton Games Western Bulldogs
    10 Less than 50 8
    7 50 to 99 5
    1 100 to 149 7
    4 150 or more 2

but we had 9 players over 100 games to their 5,

11. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Not sure Richmond will want to relinquish their 20 game winning streak stronghold on the MCG, a week before finals. They will also bring back a bunch of key players to tune up for September.
    Do remember breaking someone's 20 game winning streak in August 2000. That was fun.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

13. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes boydogs, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    On my casual following of such things, I thought this was the first game all year where we were not younger and less experienced than our opponents.

Checked on Footy Wire

Averages
    Carlton Attribute Western Bulldogs
    187.9cm Height 187.7cm

85.6kg Weight 85.4kg

24yr 6mth Age 24yr 2mth

85.7 Games 81.0
    So they had 4 games more experience on average and 4 months older

Total Players By Games
    Carlton Games Western Bulldogs
    10 Less than 50 8
    7 50 to 99 5
    1 100 to 149 7
    4 150 or more 2

but we had 9 players over 100 games to their 5,
    Still younger in overall age and games played.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Do remember breaking someone's 20 game winning streak in August 2000. That was fun.

That's a good get BJ. That was such a fun night. There was something afoot that night right from the off it was like the last of the great tribal battles in that they had their tribe there and we bought ours. And they were into one another right from the start, especially when they couldn't shake us off and they started to wonder (and so did we) what was going on? Why didn't we attack when we had the chance? In fact where was our forward line? They seem to have been sucked into the rest of the ground.

Then we ended up protecting a little old lady who had been copping it all night from some particularly classy Essendon supporters and when the siren blew with us on the right side of the ledger half a dozen mates and myself blocked their exit so they had no choice other than to stand and listen while she gave it back with interest. Never EVER upset a little old lady from Footscray, they can turn!

16. Likes Mofra, ReLoad, Bulldog Joe, ratsmac, macca, josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We beat the bombers that night and the FLOOD was in full force. Loved every minute of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone remember johnno being knocked in head (by bomber Johnson or Wallis?) and him lying face down on ground whilst close to an all out melee resulted? If I recall it correctly Johnno was sneakily looking out to one side to see reaction of others incl. umpires. One of my all time fave matches-colonial Stadium was a sellout and the crowd on both sides were naff loud. It was our “grand final” match. Our coach Wallace’s tactics ugly but oh so effective. He was an innovative coach that’s for sure. And that wonderful Chris Grant goal late in last quarter-50 m out and tough angle hard up against boundary fence-what a goal!!

19. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by josie View Post
    Anyone remember johnno being knocked in head (by bomber Johnson or Wallis?) and him lying face down on ground whilst close to an all out melee resulted? If I recall it correctly Johnno was sneakily looking out to one side to see reaction of others incl. umpires. One of my all time fave matches-colonial Stadium was a sellout and the crowd on both sides were naff loud. It was our “grand final” match. Our coach Wallace’s tactics ugly but oh so effective. He was an innovative coach that’s for sure. And that wonderful Chris Grant goal late in last quarter-50 m out and tough angle hard up against boundary fence-what a goal!!
    Remember, how could I forget when I watched the replay so many times. Johnno flipping the bird to Barnes after the match was priceless.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Remember, how could I forget when I watched the replay so many times. Johnno flipping the bird to Barnes after the match was priceless.
    From a safe distance.
    "It's over. It's all over."

22. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    From a safe distance.
    And pretty much running the opposite direction!
    More of an In Bruges guy?