Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  97
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Pick 7

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick 7

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I can't see Max sliding past the Saints pic. They love him, he's a saints fan and he's doing his knee rehab there.
    Might be right, but geez they need some firepower in the midfield. Wouldn’t put the house on hanners and Kent.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It's hard to say without the added risk of a bid at 14 for Rhylee West.
    That's the downside and risk of doing that sort of swap. We would be better with 3 picks in the late 30's and 40's
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Don't think he will last to pick 7?
    Neither do I, Saints would be all over him but if they pass you never know.

Rozee, Smith, Ben King or Hately could be available and there is some upside for us with all of them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Hately ?
    You mentioned the other day you support Centrals in SA. You should know him

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Neither do I, Saints would be all over him but if they pass you never know.

Rozee, Smith, Ben King or Hately could be available and there is some upside for us with all of them
    Do you think Hatley would bring a point of difference to our midfield?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    Do you think Hatley would bring a point of difference to our midfield?
    He's another big lad and would be a nice contrast to Rhylee West. Hately could also be productive when playing forward. We probably need the run of Smith or Rozee more but Hately is a solid player.

I wonder if we have Caldwell in our sights as well

7. Thanks kruder thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    He's another big lad and would be a nice contrast to Rhylee West. Hately could also be productive when playing forward. We probably need the run of Smith or Rozee more but Hately is a solid player.

I wonder if we have Caldwell in our sights as well
    We have Lynch , Richards and JJ as runners in attack who can all kick goals , Hately is also good going forward, not sure if West is a goal kicker in that vein, so I would like to add Hately.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

I know May is great, but do we really want to give up our golden ticket for him?
    He's not exactly what we need.

I know the narrative sounds good. We finally land a 'big fish'.

But............. is it just a knee jerk reaction, just because he's there?

Is it a strategically sound move?

Would hate to go the draft with no high picks.

I was happy to keep pick 7 when Chad chose the pisspoo because pick 7 is still a major asset.
    I would have given it up for Chad because he totally fitted the profile we needed. Either way we win.

Is May what we need?
    Or is a young gun cleanskin midfielder what we need?

I'm leaning towards keeping the pick

10. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    I know May is great, but do we really want to give up our golden ticket for him?

I was happy to keep pick 7 when Chad chose the pisspoo because pick 7 is still a major asset.
    I would have given it up for Chad because he totally fitted the profile we needed. Either way we win.

Is May what we need?

Naughton goes forward.kid will make Tom McDonald look a hack forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post

Is May what we need?

I understand what you're saying but the cleanskin is often massively overvalued. Would you trade May for Jarrad Grant, Ray, Walsh,or Williams who were all top 6 picks? I would in a heartbeat. A known quantity in an area of need is preferable to a gamble on a kid as far as I'm concerned. We have a young list with a lot of talent, we're screaming out for mature quality players. We should be throwing the sink a mature talent.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

13. Likes Avoid the rush liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I understand what you're saying but the cleanskin is often massively overvalued. Would you trade May for Jarrad Grant, Ray, Walsh,or Williams who were all top 6 picks? I would in a heartbeat. A known quantity in an area of need is preferable to a gamble on a kid as far as I'm concerned. We have a young list with a lot of talent, we're screaming out for mature quality players. We should be throwing the sink a mature talent.
    No *!*!*!*!ing way... Would I ever trade anyone for Jarrad Grant. Ever. The hair, the look away handball, the stingray injury, that one good season. People are so quick to forget the good times, but I never thought you, Rick Astley, would be one to give him up.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

15. Thanks 1eyedog thanked for this post
    Likes The Pie Man, josie, Greystache, Ghost Dog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    No *!*!*!*!ing way... Would I ever trade anyone for Jarrad Grant. Ever. The hair, the look away handball, the stingray injury, that one good season. People are so quick to forget the good times, but I never thought you, Rick Astley, would be one to give him up.
    Jarrad Grant ended Josh Bootsma's career, not any dick pics sent over Snapchat, this is indisputable.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

There will still be plenty of movement with draft picks, I expect we'll see Adelaide and Port try to work deals with Gold Coast and Saints, who depending on their draft interests, may see some benefit in trading down, and securing additional first round picks.

It seems we are open to trading a future first round pick too (based on the Wingard offer rumours) but it's hard to see how we can make it work to our benefit this year. We may have some other options available though.

If Adams to Brisbane trade must get done, I wonder whether we can use it to get some draft points this year and build a strong position for next year which will help us land a big fish via trade.

I'm no BT, but could we trade Adams and 27 to Brisbane for a future second round selection, along with 41 and 44 this year?

We'd then end up with something like:-

Picks 7, 41, 44, 45, 63, 64.

That means we have 1,300 ish draft points which should be enough to net West and Khamis.

Could we then look at a deal with Port to trade 7 and 2 x future second round picks (Brisbane's and ours) for pick 10 and a future first round selection.

We move back the order slightly, but guarantee ourselves 2 first round picks to assist with landing a big fish next year, while Port get 2 picks before the Crows (and maybe more leverage to trade up again) and stockpile second round selections for their multiple F/S needs next year.

That would leave us with pick 10 and West/Khamis points. I know there's been a lot of speculation about the top 8 players, but we can get a very good player at pick 10. If we can build a war chest to throw at a Josh Kelly deal given all the big Vic clubs are surely out of the running with salary issues after all the big recruits over the past few seasons, it might be the better play to be a genuine premiership threat in 2020.

18. Likes soupman, ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget the kicking action. And the one finger in the air goal celebrations, but facial expression the same every time, all game long.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Different era , recruiting has come a long way since that time.

Our last bunch first round picks are Stringer, Macrae, English, Richards, Naughton, Bontempelli with Boyd and Schache added to the list.

How many from that list would we swap for May? Stringer and Boyd post GF, that's all for me.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers