Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  97
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick 7

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick 5

Potential trading options, other than Kelly, if we wanted to busy in the trade period might be:

GCS have West Coasts first rounder, in addition to maybe pick 2. Say a GCS player that makes going down from pick 5 to say pick 16. There's plenty of highly talented kids who may want out. Picks 2 & 5 is a strong hand for them. Pick 16 & who makes it a win for us to trade pick 5?

Adelaide have Melbourne's first rounder, in addition to say pick 9. They might want to secure Rankine with pick 5. So an Adelaide player that makes going down from pick 5 to say pick 15. McGovern apparently wants to play in Victoria. Would McGovern/other and pick 15 make it a win for us?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

McGovern is a good footballer and a basic rule of football is you can never have enough good footballers, but do we need another KP player before we get some players who can kick tge footy onto the list?
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    McGovern is a good footballer and a basic rule of football is you can never have enough good footballers, but do we need another KP player before we get some players who can kick tge footy onto the list?
    McGovern is only 191cm, to say Stringer who is 192cm. Smaller than Jake, but McGovern can play taller than he actually is. But I guess the premise with the Adelaide hypothetical, is whether they desperately want Rankine so much that they'd offer a player we want to take a 10 pick downgrade for? So still having a first rounder, but a long way off a top 5 pick. Who might work for both clubs?

Or the same with GCS?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

It would have to be a really good deal for me to be tempted to give up pick five.

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It would have to be a really good deal for me to be tempted to give up pick five.
    Like McGovern? Milera?
    Like Martin? Ainsworth? Miller? Sexton?

Edit: Melbourne were burned by trading pick 2 for 9 and Dom Tyson - Pick 2 being Josh Kelly. So I wonder if this cautions Sam Power, or if there's a good offer to take it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Like McGovern? Milera?

Edit: Melbourne were burned by trading pick 2 for 9 and Dom Tyson - Pick 2 being Josh Kelly. So I wonder if this cautions Sam Power, or if there's a good offer to take it.
    Is Swallow gettable? If his injuries are behind him, he'd strenthen our midfield and his age and experience bracket would be appealing, in regards to impact straight away.
    Not sure they'd entertain it though, or whether he'd want to leave.

Post Thanks / Like

Like McGovern? Milera?

None of them would tempt me. I've gone off Josh Kelly big time too. This time last year I would have given up pick 5 for him but I've seen a couple of things from him this year that I haven't liked and he's slipped in my estimation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    Is Swallow gettable? If his injuries are behind him, he'd strenthen our midfield and his age and experience bracket would be appealing, in regards to impact straight away.
    GCS will fight tooth and nail to retain every player they possibly can. They have been swimming in picks for years, they want players because so few players will go there (e.g. Jong stayed with us for much less).

Richmond is where I'd be swimming. Shai Bolton would be perfect for us but can hardly get a game at the Tigers, he's gettable.
    Miles is killing it in the VFL and would cost virtually nothing if we're after mature aged mids for depth.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

None of them would tempt me. I've gone off Josh Kelly big time too. This time last year I would have given up pick 5 for him but I've seen a couple of things from him this year that I haven't liked and he's slipped in my estimation.
    He's had some injury issues this year but has been close to BOG in his last 2 games.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I've got a feeling that he's signed until end of 2019 with GCS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    He's had some injury issues this year but has been close to BOG in his last 2 games.
    He was very good last week. When he's on his game there aren't many better players

Post Thanks / Like

With Freo winning, we can't jump them now. Three wins above what they win won't happen. So pick 5 is the worst pick we will receive now (pick 23 to Carlton). If Brisbane keep form we will finish with pick 4 (liveladders.com.au predicting this now - them getting an extra win than us). If St Kilda outperform us by just 1 extra win too, then it's pick 3.

Pick 3 or 4 may be on the cards now. Rankine, Walsh &/or Smith looking like Whitten Oval bound!

Post Thanks / Like

With Freo winning, we can't jump them now. Three wins above what they win won't happen. So pick 5 is the worst pick we will receive now (pick 23 to Carlton). If Brisbane keep form we will finish with pick 4 (liveladders.com.au predicting this now - them getting an extra win than us). If St Kilda outperform us by just 1 extra win too, then it's pick 3.

Pick 3 or 4 may be on the cards now. Rankine, Walsh &/or Smith looking like Whitten Oval bound!
    The gold coast will get a pick for lynch surely.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    The gold coast will get a pick for lynch surely.
    Maybe they take the King brothers to replace Lynch. Maybe?

Post Thanks / Like

I've gone off Josh Kelly big time too. This time last year I would have given up pick 5 for him but I've seen a couple of things from him this year that I haven't liked and he's slipped in my estimation.
    What have you seen that you don't like about Kelly?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.