Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  97
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick 7

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick 5

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Maybe they take the King brothers to replace Lynch. Maybe?
    Yep they will have to consider no doubt.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe they take the King brothers to replace Lynch. Maybe?
    We might very well have pick 5 or 6 in the draft when GC get compensation for Lynch

Still it puts us in a strong spot to get a great player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We might very well have pick 5 or 6 in the draft when GC get compensation for Lynch

Still it puts us in a strong spot to get a great player.
    Particularly if Carlton relent and ask for a priority pick.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    What have you seen that you don't like about Kelly?

More of a lack of what I saw. When GWS were under seige earlier in the season I didn't see any ownership of the problem or leadership from Kelly. I would have liked to seen a sign from him putting his hand up and saying "We all own this problem and as a leader I am going to do my bit to help us find our way out of it" Intead he has a form slump. He's not the player I thought he was.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

5. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I highly doubt any priority picks will be after the club's first pick, they will most likely be at the end of the first round.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I highly doubt any priority picks will be after the club's first pick, they will most likely be at the end of the first round.
    Yes the only pick that can come in before our first is if Gold Coast receive first round comp for Lynch

Post Thanks / Like

With Freo winning, we can't jump them now. Three wins above what they win won't happen. So pick 5 is the worst pick we will receive now (pick 23 to Carlton). If Brisbane keep form we will finish with pick 4 (liveladders.com.au predicting this now - them getting an extra win than us). If St Kilda outperform us by just 1 extra win too, then it's pick 3.

Pick 3 or 4 may be on the cards now. Rankine, Walsh &/or Smith looking like Whitten Oval bound!
    I think we can beat Carlton but that will be it for the rest of the year. St Kilda will need to win 2 to go past us, so assuming they beat us, they'll need to find another win which won't be easy given they have some tough games to finish. Brisbane I'm pretty confident will finish in front of us. Gold Coast and Carlton are a shambles. So I'd assume we'll finish 15th or 16th with 6 wins and a % potentially below 70. Truly disgraceful from a team that won a premiership 2 seasons earlier.

Pick 3 or 4 will be little consolation.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

9. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    I think we can beat Carlton but that will be it for the rest of the year. St Kilda will need to win 2 to go past us, so assuming they beat us, they'll need to find another win which won't be easy given they have some tough games to finish. Brisbane I'm pretty confident will finish in front of us. Gold Coast and Carlton are a shambles. So I'd assume we'll finish 15th or 16th with 6 wins and a % potentially below 70. Truly disgraceful from a team that won a premiership 2 seasons earlier.

Pick 3 or 4 will be little consolation.
    Falling from first to 16th in two years, with largely the same list. Must be a modern football record. Is holding a record any consolation? I jest of course, as once all these incidents of repeated bad luck (aka injuries) are finished with then it's back to September. I jest of course again. Pretty damn demoralising to climb Mount Everest and decide the easiest way to stay up there is to fall or jump straight over the cliff. Looking to pick 3 or 4 is all we have for this shambles of a year now. If we can move some free agents to get some more draft points, maybe they can sell the supporter base and members, look we netted 3 starting 18 AA U/18 kids. That I can begin to see some light. Big then there's guys contracted for next year like Roberts & Redpath just getting in the day of players that can get on the park or get selected. The next two years worth of list management is going to have to be big and hard. But where was I? My happy place, 3 starting 18 AA U/18 kids, grandma and chubs playing the piano with his hand back.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Falling from first to 16th in two years, with largely the same list. Must be a modern football record. Is holding a record any consolation? I jest of course, as once all these incidents of repeated bad luck (aka injuries) are finished with then it's back to September. I jest of course again. Pretty damn demoralising to climb Mount Everest and decide the easiest way to stay up there is to fall or jump straight over the cliff. Looking to pick 3 or 4 is all we have for this shambles of a year now. If we can move some free agents to get some more draft points, maybe they can sell the supporter base and members, look we netted 3 starting 18 AA U/18 kids. That I can begin to see some light. Big then there's guys contracted for next year like Roberts & Redpath just getting in the day of players that can get on the park or get selected. The next two years worth of list management is going to have to be big and hard. But where was I? My happy place, 3 starting 18 AA U/18 kids, grandma and chubs playing the piano with his hand back.
    Don’t forget the dwarf on the wodden pony

12. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Don’t forget the dwarf on the wodden pony
    Thanks. Although St Kilda's Clint Jones is chasing him with a cigarette lighter for some reason... Oh. Oh, no!
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

14. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Scraggers View Post
    I don't think they can get one, perhaps at the end of the first round but they shouldn't receive one.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=GVGjr;609676]We might very well have pick 5 or 6 in the draft when GC get compensation for Lynch

Do you think its makes a big difference if we have pick 4 or 6? Just looking at a few of the under 18s game and highlights videos only a small sample size I know but my feeling is that this years draft isn't much better than the last few.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=kruder;609740]
    Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

Do you think its makes a big difference if we have pick 4 or 6? Just looking at a few of the under 18s game and highlights videos only a small sample size I know but my feeling is that this years draft isn't much better than the last few.
    I think it's stronger with the first 8 picks but it's probably just a bit above average after that. I don't rate it as a super draft.

Post Thanks / Like

Falling from first to 16th in two years, with largely the same list. .
    Surely you jest?
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Surely you jest?
    The possible 16th finish, or the word largely? We may finish 16th. And depends on how you define 'largely'.