Thanks Thanks:  27
Likes Likes:  97
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Pick 7

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pick 5

Port will smack us next week.

The Saints will fancy themselves against us the following week and grind out a win for Richo.

North and a lairising Higgins will knock us over next with a finals berth in the offing to motivate them.

Next up SURELY we'll beat the Blues but go on put your house on it I double dare you.

And we've got the reigning premiers last hahahaaaa kill me now.

Can we rename the thread PICK 3 OR BUST?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Port will smack us next week.

The Saints will fancy themselves against us the following week and grind out a win for Richo.

North and a lairising Higgins will knock us over next with a finals berth in the offing to motivate them.

Next up SURELY we'll beat the Blues but go on put your house on it I double dare you.

And we've got the reigning premiers last hahahaaaa kill me now.

Can we rename the thread PICK 3 OR BUST?
    I think Pick 4 is where we end up.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Pick 6 is most likely. GCS will get a compensation pick directly after their 1st Pick for Tom Lynch going.

4. Likes bulldogsthru&thru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I think Pick 4 is where we end up.
    Was rooting so hard for Brisbane to knock off the crows. Would have given us at least pick 4 if they did.

6. Likes bornadog, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Pick 6 is most likely. GCS will get a compensation pick directly after their 1st Pick for Tom Lynch going.
    I really hope they play hardball and force a trade. Ask for players and picks.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    I really hope they play hardball and force a trade. Ask for players and picks.
    If they rate the King boys highly, that's good medium-long term cover for Lynch. And if they're very close brothers in a social sense, they may stay at GCS to keep playing with each other (at the Suns) which would be handy for them to keep their top draftees. So picks 2 & 3 could offer them a different benefit. But I'm hoping with you they force a trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

We'd need to lose to Carlton to have any chance of getting pick 3-4 or better. Gold Coast have Carlton and Brisbane but 3 other horrid games that they won't win.

I think we'll be around pick 6, maybe even 7. We'll beat Carlton, and St Kilda is a good chance as well - they are very ordinary. We might even give Port a run this week - they just can't score at the moment. Norf are also starting to flounder as the season is progressing, and it wouldn't surprise if we gave them a run as well.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

10. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure we are tanking despite our results. There is a chance we might still win 2 or 3 games and it would be hard for all concerned to cop losses to the Saints and Blues. That would put a lot of pressure on Bevo. We are also in with a chance against North
    The medical team is tanking for sure

Dahlhaus out for the year now, don't think we will win another game
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Give me wins any day of the week pick 4,5,6 or 7 won't matter we can still take Rozee or O'halloran who will be there plus West Buku Gowers and Lynch and our midfield is back up and running. Loosing to Carlton would be a disaster, winning with the amount of injuries we have would build belief for sure.

13. Likes ratsmac, bornadog, azabob, Bulldog4life liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Any draft watchers (armchair experts too) out there care to share their thoughts on Connor Rozee?

Kicked 3 goals on the weekend in the SANFL. A mid/half forward who can hit the scoreboard, has great tackling pressure, burst speed and a great leap. Ticks the boxes of the sort of player we are looking for. Not a massive accumulator of the ball and doesn't have much of a contested game. But will be right in the mix at our pick i'm sure.

Post Thanks / Like

All but locked in now. With the weekend results we can't finished lower than where we are, and we'd need an upset over Richmond with some percentage to climb a spot. Not something I'm betting on. So before any free agency compo to GCS, our natural first round selection is Pick 5. Be it 5 or 6 if GCS take compo over a trade, we are looking at acquiring a very talented young player to add to Rhylee West & Buku Khamis.

End Note: We give Carlton pick 23 for last year's trade to help bring in Schache & 16 (Richards), and we get pick 60 from Freo for the Crozier trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

16. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    All but locked in now. With the weekend results we can't finished lower than where we are, and we'd need an upset over Richmond with some percentage to climb a spot. Not something I'm betting on. So before any free agency compo to GCS, our natural first round selection is Pick 5. Be it 5 or 6 if GCS take compo over a trade, we are looking at acquiring a very talented young player to add to Rhylee West & Buku Khamis.

End Note: We give Carlton pick 23 for last year's trade to help bring in Schache & 16 (Richards), and we get pick 60 from Freo for the Crozier trade.
    Is Buku good enough to pick up?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess where the bid comes is the question, I think you're asking. He was named back pocket in the All Australian Team this year, Twomey also had him in his U/18 Team of the Year. So he can clearly play. Most phantom drafts and form guides don't have him in the top 25. So after that would be a safe bet, with points in from Freo at pick 60 and the NGA discount, it's basically like using our third rounder in a sense for a 'starting 18' AA kid. Bevo said in his presser last week he had strong interest in he and West, so he's got Bevo's attention which is a good start.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes he is, there is plenty of upside with him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

It does look like we hve pick 5, it will be pushed back a bit because of the Lynch compensation but its a strond hand for us after we struck gold with Naughton, Richards and Schache last year.

Great building blocks for us.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"