Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  28
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Another year for Moz - Can a case be made?

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Let’s wait and see, but if he gets through the balance of the year and still has the passion (which doesn’t appear to be in question) would be hard to not offer him another deal.
    If he gets through the next 6 games, it takes him to 250 games. Another huge achievement for him, and for our rich history of rookies playing huge amounts of games.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes bornadog, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    If he gets through the next 6 games, it takes him to 250 games. Another huge achievement for him, and for our rich history of rookies playing huge amounts of games.
    When you consider he started late AND missed a whole season of football plus a fair chunk of this year and last, that's an outstanding achievement.

4. Likes Testekill, Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    When you consider he started late AND missed a whole season of football plus a fair chunk of this year and last, that's an outstanding achievement.
    He was 23 when he debuted I think. That's conceding a 4-5 season start on most draftees. The Bont will have played more than a hundred games +plenty games before he gets to Morris's age when he played his first game.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

He was on AFL game day this morning. If anyone missed it he strongly hinted that he is more than happy to keep on playing next year so long as the body holds up. That's good enough for me. Sign him up I say.

In comparison to Bob last year on deciding whether to go on, Bob was resigned in his mind that another preseason was too much whereas Moz would play 10 more years if he could.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    He was on AFL game day this morning. If anyone missed it he strongly hinted that he is more than happy to keep on playing next year so long as the body holds up. That's good enough for me. Sign him up I say.

In comparison to Bob last year on deciding whether to go on, Bob was resigned in his mind that another preseason was too much whereas Moz would play 10 more years if he could.
    I like the way Rocket said his three favourites at The Bulldogs when he was there was Noz, Boyd and Crossy.

Also surprised he keeps in touch with Aker, as well as his no processed carbs diet
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I like the way Rocket said his three favourites at The Bulldogs when he was there was Noz, Boyd and Crossy.

Also surprised he keeps in touch with Aker, as well as his no processed carbs diet

Do you mean Moz or Rocket still keeps in touch with Aker?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Do you mean Moz or Rocket still keeps in touch with Aker?
    Moz does. Rocket asked Moz, do any other players keep in touch with him, but Moz didn't really answer.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Moz does. Rocket asked Moz, do any other players keep in touch with him, but Moz didn't really answer.
    I couldn't see Rocket being on a no processed carbs diet either.

11. Likes N/A, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

HEART AND SOUL BULLDOG WANTS TO PLAY ON

By Sam Landsberger

WESTERN Bulldogs warrior Dale Morris has confirmed he wants to play on next season at the age of 36.

The Herald Sun revealed last month that the door was open for Morris to play on in 2019 as he returned from a partially torn ACL in just 100 days.

Morris, 35, yesterday said he had not considered retirement.

“I’ll keep going for as long as I can,” Morris said.

“As long as the body holds up and the mind … and so long as there’s a role for me, I’ll be there.”

The bionic Bulldog and premiership star returned from knee surgery after 11 days last week and Morris is on track to celebrate his 250th match in Round 21 against North Melbourne.

Coach Luke Beveridge said the return of hard men Morris and Marcus Adams had “made a huge difference” in the past two weeks.

“We haven’t had access to Picko (Liam Picken), to Clay (Smith), to Libba (Tom Liberatore), to Moz (Dale Morris) — the four combative, contested-type strong players that teammates feed off,” Beveridge said.

Morris is the third-oldest player on an AFL list, behind hamstrung Hawthorn champion Shaun Burgoyne (36 in October) and Fremantle ruckman Aaron Sandilands (36 in December).

“I love the game too much. I just love playing, it’s the greatest job ever I reckon,” Morris said on Channel 7.

Mitch Wallis yesterday joined fellow free agent Luke Dahlhaus in declaring he wants to stay at Whitten Oval next year.

Beveridge has publicly challenged his free agents to “play out of their skin” in order to command healthy contracts.

Dahlhaus — who is chasing a four or five-year contract — played his best game for the season on Friday night as a defensive forward on Geelong’s Zach Tuohy.

Beveridge said it was “a really, really big night” for Dahlhaus.

13. Thanks bornadog, Eastdog thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As noted earlier in the thread, I'm heavily in the "yes" camp for Morris playing on. The fire still clearly burns and there is probably no player in the competition who does more to get themselves right for gameday.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

You can't overstate just how important Morris is as a leader and how important he is in defense. I'd love to transition him into a playing assistant coach role as he has so much that he can teach kids.

16. Likes WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    Will be a huge turnout for his 250th game I would imagine. Was great to see Bob in his 300th game - wish Bob played in the premiership but such a great touch to let him hold the cup on GF day at the G and at WO the next day. Some images will never forget. I have the Hearld Suk papers from those PF and GF weekends.
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Watch Moz on CH7 Game day here

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eastdog View Post
    Will be a huge turnout for his 250th game I would imagine. Was great to see Bob in his 300th game - wish Bob played in the premiership but such a great touch to let him hold the cup on GF day at the G and at WO the next day. Some images will never forget. I have the Hearld Suk papers from those PF and GF weekends.
    Herald suk is right.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Given that we really didn't really try and address key position defenders during the draft or trade periods and also losing Adams and delisting Collinsin the process I can see that we will be asking Morris to play tall for much of next season. Not only do we need him around the younger players from a leadership perspective but he will certaintly be required to man up against some of the competitions bigger names.

The likes of Khamis, Vandermeer and both Lewis and Lachlan Young will all benefit by having Moz around the club
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"