Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 40 of 108 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Rumours saints are offering Shiel 1.2-1.3m over 6-8 years! Crazy but if you look at their top 10 in their BnF this year, its not hard to see why:

1. Jack Steven (191 votes)
    2. Seb Ross (175)
    3. Jack Steele (134)
    4. Jade Gresham (126)
    5. Jarryn Geary (118)
    6. Jimmy Webster (109)
    7. Jake Carlisle (103)
    8. Tim Membrey (87)
    9. Jack Billings (72)
    10. Daniel McKenzie (69)

Post Thanks / Like

Giants are shopping Finlayson around two months after he signed his new contract. Just how packed is their salary cap that they have to do that?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Giants are shopping Finlayson around two months after he signed his new contract. Just how packed is their salary cap that they have to do that?
    Hahaa they probably justified it with the assumptive cost-benefit thinking they'd have a flag by now.

I for one welcome the Giants' version of Shocktober.

Blow it up and start again from scratch the hard way like everyone else you pricks.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

4. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Hahaa they probably justified it with the assumptive cost-benefit thinking they'd have a flag by now.

I for one welcome the Giants' version of Shocktober.

Blow it up and start again from scratch the hard way like everyone else you pricks.

While it would be nice I think we all know that isn't going to happen.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope they lose shiels and jkelly sooner or later . Their midfield depth would be exposed and hope they fail to make the 8 next year

AFL will then laUnch a rescue package , some bs special concessions on TOP of their 10 thousand concessions handouts to gws due to cost of living and challenges being in sydney excuses

Its all unravelling for the plastics. No senior players prOmote loyalty , pay cuts to retain the list . All the high performance teams stuff they preach.
    They lack any toughness for finals . Go ask clay how tough you need to be. That’s the standard

7. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by macca View Post
    I hope they lose shiels and jkelly sooner or later . Their midfield depth would be exposed and hope they fail to make the 8 next year

AFL will then laUnch a rescue package , some bs special concessions on TOP of their 10 thousand concessions handouts to gws due to cost of living and challenges being in sydney excuses

Its all unravelling for the plastics. No senior players prOmote loyalty , pay cuts to retain the list . All the high performance teams stuff they preach.
    They lack any toughness for finals . Go ask clay how tough you need to be. That’s the standard
    It's meant to be their forte but I actually think their forwards let them down.
    Cameron and Greene are both rolled gold A graders and both have had quiet finals on the back of attacking the player not the ball (I'll never forget Cameron belting Roberts at the start of the prelim).

GWS' best chance for a GF appearance was against us - they had momentum and a home ground advantage. They will lose good players on an annual basis for the next decade and end up the 3rd-4th best team every year until an inevitable rebuild (I'd guess when Ward & Davis retire).
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It's meant to be their forte but I actually think their forwards let them down.
    Cameron and Greene are both rolled gold A graders and both have had quiet finals on the back of attacking the player not the ball (I'll never forget Cameron belting Roberts at the start of the prelim).

GWS' best chance for a GF appearance was against us - they had momentum and a home ground advantage. They will lose good players on an annual basis for the next decade and end up the 3rd-4th best team every year until an inevitable rebuild (I'd guess when Ward & Davis retire).
    When all this comes to pass it's going to make our flag taste just that little bit sweeter.

Particularly if we dish up another one or two for dessert.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

11. Likes Testekill, SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They were a Zaine Cordy knee bomb away from a GF and most likely, a flag.

That makes me very happy.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    I like Finlayson. I'd have a look

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I like Finlayson. I'd have a look

My only concern is that he doesn't play like a tall defender; he might as well be a really tall flanker. I'd consider him as long as he's not getting paid a large amount that gets passed off onto us by GWS. I mean come on, we're not Carlton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    They were a Zaine Cordy knee bomb away from a GF and most likely, a flag.

That makes me very happy.
    Anh Do needs to paint a portrait of Zaine's knee and hang it in the Bulldogs museum!

Fate was on our side for once.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

We also lost Roughead who had some very big moments in all three finals outside of that game - if he was playing I'm not sure Lobb and Mumford would have been working Boyd over to the extent they were allowing Lobb to end up with three goals for the game.

Too much is made of the Ward injury, in my view we'd have just found a way to win it anyway.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

+1 for Finlayson. He's an absolutely outstanding kick, not the most adaptable player but one of those guys that can be a real asset if put in a position to minimise his weaknesses - pretty much Suckling.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Too much is made of the Ward injury, in my view we'd have just found a way to win it anyway.
    Possibly, but he's one of the few on that list with the heart required to step it up in a final. Losing him that early in the game was a massive slice of luck for us and I enjoyed the hell out of it.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Rumours saints are offering Shiel 1.2-1.3m over 6-8 years! Crazy but if you look at their top 10 in their BnF this year, its not hard to see why:

1. Jack Steven (191 votes)
    2. Seb Ross (175)
    3. Jack Steele (134)
    4. Jade Gresham (126)
    5. Jarryn Geary (118)
    6. Jimmy Webster (109)
    7. Jake Carlisle (103)
    8. Tim Membrey (87)
    9. Jack Billings (72)
    10. Daniel McKenzie (69)
    Definitely lack class. Will look better next year with Shiel and Hanneberry. Believe they will get both.