Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Adams simply is not worth more and everyone knows it. When your perennially injured, shank as many kicks as you middle and struggle with positioning playing in team structures (e.g. a high press) you cannot expect a return under pick 30. He's strong, agile and a good mark but we have a plethora of options down back in Naughton,Young, Trengove, Roberts and Cordy / Morris on the thirds.
    Yes. He would have been really handy in combination with Peter Foster back in the early 90's. 1992 could have been so very different.
    Adams is one dimensional. Great mark and long kick, but his decision making and finesse disposal (ie short kicks and handballs) is State League standard. Time will tell whether Pick 32 is good compensation but as it stands now, I'm comfortable with the deal.
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

2. Likes 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Do you think the AFEL would give us special dispensation to do it? We'd still have to pay his full contract, but I guess opening a spot would be maybe worth it depending on the DFA if the AFEL allowed it with their powers.
    I think there has been some examples of clubs and the AFL agreeing to that but if it's a long term injury the player, club and the AFL might be OK with it.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Yes. He would have been really handy in combination with Peter Foster back in the early 90's. 1992 could have been so very different.
    Adams is one dimensional. Great mark and long kick, but his decision making and finesse disposal (ie short kicks and handballs) is State League standard. Time will tell whether Pick 32 is good compensation but as it stands now, I'm comfortable with the deal.
    My blood pressure is likely to improve next year when Adams would've got the ball 30m out from defensive goal and then kick it or handball it sideways straight into the chest of an opposition player leading to an easy goal. Something I can really live without.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes craigsahibee, 1eyedog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think there has been some examples of clubs and the AFL agreeing to that but if it's a long term injury the player, club and the AFL might be OK with it.
    Correct. We can apply for special dispensation. The main case was Ramanaskus, and they offered to Hawthorn that Roughead could do it but they declined. I think there's been a couple more examples. The threshold seems to be that the injury or illness must be very serious. If his neck is in the very serious category, in conjunction with Lukas we can apply for special dispensation and if granted then we've got that extra spot for a DFA or late pick. Does anyone know how bad his neck apparently is?
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Correct. We can apply for special dispensation. The main case was Ramanaskus, and they offered to Hawthorn that Roughead could do it but they declined. I think there's been a couple more examples. The threshold seems to be that the injury or illness must be very serious. If his neck is in the very serious category, in conjunction with Lukas we can apply for special dispensation and if granted then we've got that extra spot for a DFA or late pick. Does anyone know how bad his neck apparently is?
    Also Scully is a free hit for the Hawks based on this rule - if his ankle is career-ending the Hawks pay him outside the cap. I think Dane Swan with his foot injury also fell into this rule for this last year of his contract.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    We might be able to move someone like Webb to the rookie list to create an additional spot but you're probably right in that we almost have a full list
    If his neck is stuffed we can move him to the rookie list to serve the remainder of his contract. The Giants did it with Joel Patfull who retired but was kept on their rookie list the following year on a reduced contract at the agreement of both parties.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

9. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My blood pressure is likely to improve next year when Adams would've got the ball 30m out from defensive goal and then kick it or handball it sideways straight into the chest of an opposition player leading to an easy goal. Something I can really live without.
    Not if Young starts playing more regularly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Also Scully is a free hit for the Hawks based on this rule - if his ankle is career-ending the Hawks pay him outside the cap. I think Dane Swan with his foot injury also fell into this rule for this last year of his contract.
    It doesn't work for traded players with pre-existing injuries though does it?
    The AFL already ruled that Franklin's contract must be honoured in full even if he retires or is forced out of the game before the end of it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    It doesn't work for traded players with pre-existing injuries though does it?
    The AFL already ruled that Franklin's contract must be honoured in full even if he retires or is forced out of the game before the end of it.
    It works for traded players but not for free agents. Seeing as the club doesn’t pay to get them they can’t have the benefits of this rule if it goes tits up.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Depends on if you consider 'being open to a trade home' a demand to be traded. He didn't ever publicly state he wanted to leave or nominate a club and the clubs in WA didn't have much need for him.
    He didnt publicly state that he wanted out this time either.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    He didnt publicly state that he wanted out this time either.
    Then forget the word public. He didn't asked to be traded last time he expressed an interested if a deal could be done. This year he asked to be traded to a specific club with a deal ready for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Then forget the word public. He didn't asked to be traded last time he expressed an interested if a deal could be done. This year he asked to be traded to a specific club with a deal ready for him.
    So he has expressed that he would like to leave twice in 3 years. Yep I dont understand why you'd want to keep such a player around. Clearly not happy, get what you can and move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane head of football publically thanked a staff member who had "worked on Adams for a long time" in the post trade SEN interview.

17. Thanks hujsh thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So a guy in a three year contract is chatted to behind the scenes by another club , obviously only in the last 6 months. Or was the extra two year deal agreed to by our club and Adams to get a better deal ?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Brisbane head of football publically thanked a staff member who had "worked on Adams for a long time" in the post trade SEN interview.
    I wonder if this was Jed Adcock? From memory he would have been at the club when Adams arrived
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"