Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 95 of 108 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    That's bloody hard to read but why would Ben King be a problem?
    Not a fan to be honest.. we need a mid who has elite kicking skills that can break the lines. King will probably take 3 years to get enough weight to be an AFL player...if we get him so be it, but most top draft talls don’t end up being stars...my opinion ofcourse.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

No one here wanted to touch Vardy when I mentioned his name during the trade period in 2016.
    He just would have provided that additional depth we needed in 2017.
    Exactly . Kennedy had played about 6 games when west coast got him for Judd.
    Hardly a star

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    WCE are very much a draft and develop club, they're going fine.
    Their best and fairest in a premiership year was traded.

Their runner up in the best and fairest in a premiership year was traded.

Their second and third leading goal kicker in a premiership year were traded.

Meanwhile we've snagged Lloyd and Duyrea...
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    Yes but they got back a gun FF for Judd, not more draft picks.

Redden and Jetta were a large part of why the Eagles improved to win the flag this year, so I'm not sure what 12 months ago has to do with it? Both were good players at Brisbane and Sydney respectively.

A quarter of their Premiership side was traded in from elsewhere and aside from Vardy, all were quality best 22 players in their former sides. You could argue on numbers that the core of every Premiership side was drafted - that's always going to be the case.

We did well with Hamling/Biggs (equiv. of Vardy) and Boyd was our big addition but the club is kidding themselves if they are not concerned about the fact that we cannot lure quality best 22 players from other clubs. Spin it however you like, but that puts us at a distinct disadvantage against other Victorian clubs particularly.
    I'm ok with being relatively quiet this season. We are "evolving" as Bevo says, draft a core of players and then top up from trades when we are more attractive. Richmond got Nankervis, Prestia, Caddy, Townsend and they were all big parts of flag that complemented the core group. One thing I'm slightly concerned about is our age profile I have to say...we seemed to lack leadership last season at times and we are losing some older guys. Duyrea got best clubman so he seems like he might have some of those qualities and Trengove last year the same but still a little thin on the ground all due respect to Wood, Bont, Hunter....

Im still laughing at the Fish Finger photoshop. Sensational.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    You would have been the first person caning the club for recruiting Vardy . Come on now
    I never said we should go after Vardy so I have no idea what your above post is referencing. I said Vardy was the equivalent of Hamling and Biggs in that he was cheap and his club was happy to trade him.

We have missed out on May - not sure if we went for him this time around, but believe we did a few times in the last 3 years.

We were also told no by Scully and clearly haven't brought anyone of note in during recent years, so I'm sure we've missed out on others unnamed too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Not a fan to be honest.. we need a mid who has elite kicking skills that can break the lines. King will probably take 3 years to get enough weight to be an AFL player...if we get him so be it, but most top draft talls don’t end up being stars...my opinion ofcourse.
    It's a fair observation but generally 3 years for taller types is about right. Given we don't have a problem with a similar type of investment in Tim English who was a year older than most players drafted that year so I don't think we would have a problem waiting say 2 years for King to develop.

I'd be delighted to get Smith and perhaps with Adelaide and Port pushing for early picks and moving up the order with a view of grabbing the best of the SA local boys we still might have a chance for that.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

More of a defender but can play the forward position very well.
    Hahaa! Just wait til we get hold of him.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

8. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    You're on fire today

Post Thanks / Like

yeah will be played predominately ruck with Boyd. Meanwhile English pinch hits at FF or in the VFL until he is poached by the eagles

Post Thanks / Like

Will be a ruckman before long?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

I never said we should go after Vardy so I have no idea what your above post is referencing. I said Vardy was the equivalent of Hamling and Biggs in that he was cheap and his club was happy to trade him.

We have missed out on May - not sure if we went for him this time around, but believe we did a few times in the last 3 years.

We were also told no by Scully and clearly haven't brought anyone of note in during recent years, so I'm sure we've missed out on others unnamed too.
    I’d love a fit Scully ( pick 70 odd might say something ) It is a bit disappointing not to bring in some best 22, but drafting and development is king ( pardon the pun)

Post Thanks / Like

Yes but they got back a gun FF for Judd, not more draft picks.
    No, they got a young, unproven FF for Judd along with some draft picks.

Post Thanks / Like

It gets better, one of the knocks on him as a forward is his goal kicking is poor. What do you think 3 preseasons at the Bulldogs will do to him? I could see Jack Billings defending himself by saying at least I'm not Ben King bad!
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Good to see the man that probably helped put all those shitty contracts in place at GWS that forced an unprecedented fire sale of players because of those hefty contracts is at the Gold Coast Suns steering the ship there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    No, they got a young, unproven FF for Judd along with some draft picks.
    After his first season Kennedy's teammates made him wear a tshirt on the end of season trip that said "Worst recruit ever!" Posters here confidently stating they would have been happy with a Kennedy for Judd trade in the first instance are either revising history or picking and choosing what they want to believe.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

17. Likes Topdog, Mofra liked this post