Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
This is where I think the mock drafts are going to be wrong. Gold Coast aren’t going to worry so much about talent. They are going select hard working over-achievers -you know, the kids who don’t seem good enough or athletic enough or whatever, but still have always found a way to get it done. They are going to set them achievable goals (not scoreboard based ‘cos over achievers are always good with self assessment and measuring incremental improvement and continually reference the “you’ve played 20 games, player x drafted ahead if you is still in the vfl...you’ve gone way past him now” and have a solid 3 year focus. Look for them to draft junior club captains and players with poor measurables (well, maybe 2km time trials beasts) and players who have overcome injury setback some in their teens. I think they have decided their ‘model’ player is Touk Miller and are going to see what a team with 22 players built in his image can do...

I don’t see the Rankine stuff with the Suns. Not at all. If you are talking SA kids, I think they will have Rozee in their sites.
Will they still pick best available (in the mold you mention) or go for best available in the positions they want to fill?