Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 85 of 108 FirstFirst ... 35757677787980818283848586878889909192939495 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 1617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Saw a suggestion on BF that trades should at least match compo from free agency signing. Might need some refining but I like the spirit of the suggestion

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Saw a suggestion on BF that trades should at least match compo from free agency signing. Might need some refining but I like the spirit of the suggestion
    Yep that is a reasonable suggestion
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

How is it we accept Hawks demands for a future 4th off the back of them signing Scully for same?
    We've reached peak farce with this trade season. As Gary points out so well the system is in dire shape and needs some thought from the games regulators.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Yeah it's a good idea in theory but then you need a group of AFL henchmen to work out the value which always seems to be questionable. Lycett = 19, Dahlhaus = 25. I'm biased of course but something is wrong there.

Post Thanks / Like

On Port, it seems a huge beat up they threatened to raid GC, they just said if the SA boys end up there then it may be something they look at in the future to bring them home. There was no strong words or action plan to do so. Seemed pretty harmless to me, unless I missed something...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    How is it we accept Hawks demands for a future 4th off the back of them signing Scully for same?
    We've reached peak farce with this trade season. As Gary points out so well the system is in dire shape and needs some thought from the games regulators.
    I agree. Why did we not just recruit Scully? The obvious is contract, but it is almost like we paid well overs for Duryea

Post Thanks / Like

like your post to start this Gvg. Hawks are reaping the benefits of the system.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    I agree. Why did we not just recruit Scully? The obvious is contract, but it is almost like we paid well overs for Duryea
    How do we know we didn't ask the question?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    On Port, it seems a huge beat up they threatened to raid GC, they just said if the SA boys end up there then it may be something they look at in the future to bring them home. There was no strong words or action plan to do so. Seemed pretty harmless to me, unless I missed something...
    Yep, agree. Huge beat up.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Cash wise he re-signed with Giants for around 500-600k so not sure that would've been an issue.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    There actually is already - the AFL has oversight of all trades and contracts. They would have ticked off the trade and the contract at Hawthorn before approving the trade.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Trade Radio via Barrett have confirmed Burton is happy to play for Port.
    I wonder if that is enough now to get that deal done or if it needs to be part of the apparent Mega Deal that teams are working on?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Trade Radio via Barrett have confirmed Burton is happy to play for Port.
    I wonder if that is enough now to get that deal done or if it needs to be part of the apparent Mega Deal that teams are working on?
    There was a 7-club mega deal being floated about. We weren't part of it.

Interestign that a few commentators expect 'the bulk' of picks in the top 10 to change hands before 8.30 tonight. I wonder if Power will get creative.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    There was a 7-club mega deal being floated about. We weren't part of it.

Interestign that a few commentators expect 'the bulk' of picks in the top 10 to change hands before 8.30 tonight. I wonder if Power will get creative.
    That mega deal supposedly has Port moving up to pick 5 somehow. Again it seems as though other clubs are doing the legwork and the hawks are benefiting from doing not much at all. I wonder if Adelaide trade their two high picks to get pick 4 from the saints

Post Thanks / Like

We wanted to trade a future 4th because we didn't want to take him as a free agent and dilute our Dahl compo