Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 72 of 108 FirstFirst ... 22626364656667686970717273747576777879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    SEN reporting May has toured WO and pick 7 is in play for him.

Not sure how I feel about that if it means missing out on Bailey Smith.
    I'm on board, but I want to fight to get a Martin (ideally) or Scrimshaw in the deal too. I'd put up 27, Honeychurch since they may want him and something else to get the deal done.

May, Naughton & Cordy is a very good tall defensive line. Young & Morris add depth to that core. Roberts if he stays is depth. Add in our running defenders and that part of the ground is looking good. Our wingers and mids look good. Our forward line needs to come on in leaps and bounds and mature/develop. Lloyd adds a small bit to help.

I'd just push hard to get a younger talent from them with May.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post
    I've been banging on about being too young, and whilst May helps this and is a gun, I agree we have more pressing needs in the midfield and up forward.

Do agree with this, but not sure a key defender is what we should be spending Pick 7 on.
    That’s my take too, but I think the team might be a little desperate to get that age bracket up...hence Lloyd , duryea etc
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I'm on board, but I want to fight to get a Martin (ideally) or Scrimshaw in the deal too. I'd put up 27, Honeychurch since they may want him and something else to get the deal done.

May, Naughton & Cordy is a very good tall defensive line. Young & Morris add depth to that core. Roberts if he stays is depth. Add in our running defenders and that part of the ground is looking good. Our wingers and mids look good. Our forward line needs to come on in leaps and bounds and mature/develop. Lloyd adds a small bit to help.

This.....this would be a massive coup.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    That’s my take too, but I think the team might be a little desperate to get that age bracket up...hence Lloyd , duryea etc
    It would seem that way.

I hope we can pick up another forward or two from elsewhere who can go mid. Lloyd helps a bit in this area but I still like Townsend as a cheap option. Schache and Boyd if he plays there need some senior bodies around them.

We have high end mid talent but not enough depth so it's another area we need to add to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Nixon / Andrew McDougall tweeting May to Dees has fallen through Dogs keen with pick 7
    God I can't do this again

Post Thanks / Like

No more Chads

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    SEN reporting May has toured WO and pick 7 is in play for him.

Not sure how I feel about that if it means missing out on Bailey Smith.
    Smith will be gone before 7.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Matt Thompson

Saints list boss James Gallagher confirms they've made approach to Tom Scully's management, and that there are other clubs into him as well not just Hawks.

Hahaa, bless you Sainters.

"If you ever feel like lowering your standards Tom, we'll be here for you!" *makes call-me sign with thumb and pinky*
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

@TomBrowne7 reports Hawthorn is satisfied with Tom Scully’s medical and he will join Hawthorn for a relatively late pick. Only finer details of trade being finalised with announcement in the next few days. #7AFL #7News
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post

Sounds good but 27 is nowhere near enough for Martin (who Gold Coast have said is totally off the table anyway). Honeychurch adds nothing to that deal, may as well throw in some left over Declan Hamilton badges.

12. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Blues give GWS pick 43 and a future second-rounder for Will Setterfield, who was pick No.6 two years ago.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Key position defender is definitely an area we need to address. I’m up for May - him taking the big forwards allows Naughton and Cordy the opportunity to not fight out of their division all the time.

15. Likes jeemak liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Man, teams are taking full advantage of some salary cap issues floating around. Sydney offloaded Hannerbury for peanuts in what is being reported as a salary cap dump, and GWS are giving away quality for very little in return.

How can we get in on this action!?
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

17. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

plastic Fire sale happening
    Address- West Sydney

19. Likes ratsmac liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd want more than May for pick 7.

Re: Setterfield; that's a really annoying unders trade akin to Ahern from a few years ago, and something given our list profile and needs we should have been right into.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -