Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 78 of 108 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182838485868788 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Best of luck to Jordan .
    Will always be remembered for his courage of even playing in the GF
    Then there was that mark

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck to Roughy, it's probably for the best he gets to another club to see whether that can be the shot in the arm his career needs, and whether they can keep him on the park longer than we could.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to see Big Rough go.

He was the ultimate team player when Macca sent him down back to help shore up our defense. He sacrificed his game for the team.

He was brilliant in the 2016 Finals Series. From his mark and goal on the run against the Eagles in Week 1 to the potential game saving mark from the kick in from JJ's disputed goal in the GF. He stood up in that 4 weeks like so many of his mates did to give us the greatest month of our lives.

Thanks Roughy. You're welcome back at the Kennel anytime you like.

Go well young man (except against us).
    [CENTER][B]WOOF Member 315[/B][/CENTER]

4. Likes ratsmac, Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

If we do deal on May it sounds like Gold Coast will be receptive to next years first round pick:

Gold Coast seeking future picks
    The Suns' strong hand hold this year's NAB AFL Draft means they would prefer to trade in future selections, the Herald Sun reports.

Gold Coast currently holds No.2, 3, 19, 24 and 29 in this year's draft.

That means it will ask for selections in next year's Draft in exchange for Aaron Hall, Jack Scrimshaw and Kade Kolodjashnij, who look likely to land at North Melbourne, Hawthorn and Melbourne respectively.

6. Likes bulldogtragic, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    If we do deal on May it sounds like Gold Coast will be receptive to next years first round pick:

The Suns' strong hand hold this year's NAB AFL Draft means they would prefer to trade in future selections, the Herald Sun reports.

That means it will ask for selections in next year's Draft in exchange for Aaron Hall, Jack Scrimshaw and Kade Kolodjashnij, who look likely to land at North Melbourne, Hawthorn and Melbourne respectively.
    This could be interesting. I still like the idea of trading 7 & 27 to Adelaide for 13, 16 & 21. Adelaide confirmed today they're interested in pick trading.

Say Pick 13 & 2019 1st for May and pick 59 (Honeychurch as steak knives)

Pick 16 for a Jack Martin type. Midfielder who can kick goals, or a very good small forward if one came up.

Pick 21 for 2019 1st from Hawthorn (gives them currency for Wingard & Scrimshaw & Scully)

= 7 & 27 (downgrade 1st round next year) lands May and a Martin type, while holding a 2019 first rounder covering Kellett & Liberatore. While landing West & Khamis, and extra draft points at 59 a pick they might not use anyway. Seems a balanced approach to top draftees and good to elite mature players.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

8. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post

I wonder if we could pry both May and Kade Kolodjashnij from them?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    This could be interesting. I still like the idea of trading 7 & 27 to Adelaide for 13, 16 & 21. Adelaide confirmed today they're interested in pick trading.
    I'd say we would have to add pick 32 (Adams) as well to get that over the line.

What happens if someone bids pick 15 for West? In the above scenario does that mean we would have to use pick 16 or could we use pick 21 with the discount applied?

I tend to think picks in the 2nd round suit us a bit better this year

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'd say we would have to add pick 32 (Adams) as well to get that over the line.

What happens if someone bids pick 15 for West? In the above scenario does that mean we would have to use pick 16 or could we use pick 21 with the discount applied?

I tend to think picks in the 2nd round suit us a bit better this year
    The rest of my post covers it. We trade all of 13, 16 & 21. No way we hold them, it'd be stupid. We take 41 & 44 on Adams. Then take in 41, 44, 45, 63, 64 (maybe Roughy gets us a bump and something else small comes along)

I'm confident 7 & 27 is enough. Essentially it's just a 6 pick downgrade from 21 to 27. Then it's 13 & 16 (two late first rounders) for pick 7 (one early top 10 pick for SA talent). If they want Rozee or Hately or both since they have pick 8, this is the best option they have.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Port warns Suns against drafting SA stars

We often lament players being prone to bolting for the 'go home' factor, but it's curious to see clubs now openly wielding the same threat, while openly telegraphing their list intentions in the process.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

13. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Port warns Suns against drafting SA stars

We often lament players being prone to bolting for the 'go home' factor, but it's curious to see clubs now openly wielding the same threat, while openly telegraphing their list intentions in the process.
    The hypocritical part is the notion that Cripps believes Victorian born players can go to one of ten clubs if they want to return home.
    The real story is that over the last few years all these players returning home nominate just one club.

For Tim Kelly who is desperate to get home for family reasons only but he only wants to go to West Coast.

Nice bluff by Port but it wouldn't change who I wanted to draft with really early picks.

15. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The hypocritical part is the notion that Cripps believes Victorian born players can go to one of ten clubs if they want to return home.
    The real story is that over the last few years all these players returning home nominate just one club.
    LOL. Because they aren't fussed about getting home unless they can also get a significant pay-rise...
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    LOL. Because they aren't fussed about getting home unless they can also get a significant pay-rise...
    There are of course players who make decisions based on clubs being the best fit for them but with the higher profiled ones it's been more about breaking one contract for a better one back home.
    Shiel might be an exception

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Mitch Clark likes this. Desperately homesick until the Demons came knocking with a $700k contract.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

I find it hard to believe that at age 27 we are happy to see Roughy depart. His efforts in our 2016 flag win and being such a fine club man deserved better. He will be an asset to Collingwood who were 1 or 2 big men short of winning the flag in 2018. A fit Roughead is surely good enough to be in our best 22.

20. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    I find it hard to believe that at age 27 we are happy to see Roughy depart. His efforts in our 2016 flag win and being such a fine club man deserved better. He will be an asset to Collingwood who were 1 or 2 big men short of winning the flag in 2018. A fit Roughead is surely good enough to be in our best 22.
    I was very open to keeping him especially given we are likely to lose Adams. I tend to think Roughead might have need to be played behind English but he would have been well worth maintaining.

We will basically lose a good player for bugger all and I'm not happy about that. The fact that Roughead is also a good bloke makes it a bigger loss.

22. Likes Ghost Dog liked this post