Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 108 of 108 FirstFirst ... 8589899100101102103104105106107108
Results 1,606 to 1,617 of 1617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    This is where I think the mock drafts are going to be wrong. Gold Coast aren’t going to worry so much about talent. They are going select hard working over-achievers -you know, the kids who don’t seem good enough or athletic enough or whatever, but still have always found a way to get it done. They are going to set them achievable goals (not scoreboard based ‘cos over achievers are always good with self assessment and measuring incremental improvement and continually reference the “you’ve played 20 games, player x drafted ahead if you is still in the vfl...you’ve gone way past him now” and have a solid 3 year focus. Look for them to draft junior club captains and players with poor measurables (well, maybe 2km time trials beasts) and players who have overcome injury setback some in their teens. I think they have decided their ‘model’ player is Touk Miller and are going to see what a team with 22 players built in his image can do...

I don’t see the Rankine stuff with the Suns. Not at all. If you are talking SA kids, I think they will have Rozee in their sites.
    Will they still pick best available (in the mold you mention) or go for best available in the positions they want to fill?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

This is where I think the mock drafts are going to be wrong. Gold Coast aren’t going to worry so much about talent. They are going select hard working over-achievers -you know, the kids who don’t seem good enough or athletic enough or whatever, but still have always found a way to get it done. They are going to set them achievable goals (not scoreboard based ‘cos over achievers are always good with self assessment and measuring incremental improvement and continually reference the “you’ve played 20 games, player x drafted ahead if you is still in the vfl...you’ve gone way past him now” and have a solid 3 year focus. Look for them to draft junior club captains and players with poor measurables (well, maybe 2km time trials beasts) and players who have overcome injury setback some in their teens. I think they have decided their ‘model’ player is Touk Miller and are going to see what a team with 22 players built in his image can do...

I don’t see the Rankine stuff with the Suns. Not at all. If you are talking SA kids, I think they will have Rozee in their sites.
    This could easily be their approach and I could see them taking Vic Metro captain Xavier O'Halloran with their pick 24 and looking for similar types all the way through. Bailey Smith, Lukosius and Rozee could all go early for them.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you mention that - Rozee quickly deleted a tweet about "the sun being bright today" with Nick Blakey responding with
    "cheeky".

The rumours are that Luko & Rozee will go to the Suns with 2 & 3 and Rozee's tweet adds fuel to the rumours.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Funny you mention that - Rozee quickly deleted a tweet about "the sun being bright today" with Nick Blakey responding with
    "cheeky".

The rumours are that Luko & Rozee will go to the Suns with 2 & 3 and Rozee's tweet adds fuel to the rumours.
    Yep. Makes sense for them and not only do they get 2 players with a connection, they're good citizens with senior football experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Yep. Makes sense for them and not only do they get 2 players with a connection, they're good citizens with senior football experience.
    It makes sense to go for Hately with their pick 6 as well although they rate Caldwell highly too apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

It makes sense to go for Hately with their pick 6 as well although they rate Caldwell highly too apparently.
    Hately and Valenete may both be on their radar.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Hately and Valenete may both be on their radar.
    Sounds like they might be putting together the 2018 SA U/18 state team.

Post Thanks / Like

Media tweeting St Kilda set to overlook the King twins, firming on Rozee.

There's a chance Max King could be available at pick 7. That really changes the equation.

Post Thanks / Like

There's a chance Max King could be available at pick 7. That really changes the equation.
    Massive change if true.

I know he's been injured but he'd be mighty hard to pass. 12 months ago he was right in the mix for the #1 pick
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

This post should be in Drafting not trading ( I already posted it )
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Massive change if true.

I know he's been injured but he'd be mighty hard to pass. 12 months ago he was right in the mix for the #1 pick
    As long as his knee checks out, I couldn't see us passing.

Max looks the most impressive player in this draft IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

thats awesome by Saints

I can envisage Port, Adelaide & Gold Coast all stampeding over each other to get pick 4 if one of Rozee or Rankine are still up for grabs. Especially Rankine.

If one of them were to do a trade with Saints that keeps them in the top 8 picks + the added bonuses of giving up pick 4 they could still conceivably end up with Max King anyway.

Fascinating stuff.
    Listening to Brahm's 3rd Racket