Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 13 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Its a strange request given his contract status but I wonder what they might be prepard to part with?
    "Carn Tim, break your contract and we'll screw over the Bulldogs!" They don't really have anything they can offer us that we can't potentially get for free anyway.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

2. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's an interesting situation.
    They are clearly in a position where they would need to offer considerable overs to even get us to return a call. They would have questions over Nic Nats durability and Lycett potentially eyeing offers elsewhere that would see us having leverage.
    However, what could they offer us that might make us even entertain giving up a talent like English.
    We are hardly flush with ruck talent and honestly must be relishing the thought that a maturing English could really elevate our game and our onballers output in years ahead.
    Its a no for mine, unless two things converge, the offer is huge and English is telling us he will definitely be seeking a move home come end of his contract.
    Unless he is adamant he will not stay beyond his contract we should not even answer the phone.

Post Thanks / Like

Its a strange request given his contract status but I wonder what they might be prepard to part with?
    What ever it is, tell him he's dreaming.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Do they have anything that we'd want that they would give up.

They aren't going to do Gaff straight up, McGovern just re-signed, and I'd rather English than any of their kids/their first/a combination of one of their kids and their first.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't take 2 first rounders for English, I'm that bullish on him.

A gun ruck is an absolute game changer (see Gawn & Grundy). I think English has the potential to reach those heights.

The fact we have very little ruck coverage also means he's worth his weight in gold to us.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

7. Likes Testekill, Rocket Science, Dry Rot, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

A gun ruck is an absolute game changer (see Gawn & Grundy). I think English has the potential to reach those heights.

The fact we have very little ruck coverage also means he's worth his weight in gold to us.
    All this to the power of infinity. English has the makings of a top-three ruckman in the league.

AND him owning the role means more forward time for Boyd.

I'd unreservedly tell the Eagles to jam it, if there was the faintest whiff of veracity to this. Which there ain't.

It's gonna be another loooong silly season.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post

I totally agree..except
    1. English was to convey to the club 'No matter what, come end of contract I'm heading home'.
    2. AND Wet Toast were to construct a very silly offer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Yankee Hotel Foxtrot View Post
    I totally agree..except
    1. English was to convey to the club 'No matter what, come end of contract I'm heading home'.
    2. AND Wet Toast were to construct a very silly offer.

In English's case it would be "end of the contract extension I signed tying me to the club until the end of 2020."
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

What would it cost to get Steph Martin from the Lions for a year or two while English develops?

IIRC he wants to go to Victoria and maybe in the twilight of his career, the Lions might let him.
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    In English's case it would be "end of the contract extension I signed tying me to the club until the end of 2020."
    Agree. Which is why there would need to be an 'Oh my Gosh' offer from Wet Toast to even entertain it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    What would it cost to get Steph Martin from the Lions for a year or two while English develops?

IIRC he wants to go to Victoria and maybe in the twilight of his career, the Lions might let him.
    How do we fit Boyd, Schache, Trengove, English and Martin into the same team while still giving English game time? I honestly don’t think we need to add a first line ruck. As long as he’s fit Tim should be ready to play a prominent role in the 1sts next year.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Report Eagles are into English.

Link
    bastards

Post Thanks / Like

WC are dreamin
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I know West Coast are casting a wide net because they rate the ruck position and I do think there is some creative license by the media by speculating that a local boy in Tim English would be on their radar but why wouldnt we consider a trade for any player like English?

Yep hes got plenty of ability and there is no doubt he has come on exceptionally well in just two short years but we have a coach that many believe dosent really rate the one position English is best suited to.

I dont want us to trade English but I'd be Ok with the club listening to offers from West Coast.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Yep hes got plenty of ability and there is no doubt he has come on exceptionally iwell in just two short years but we have a coach that many believe dosent really rate the one position English is best suited to.
    Isn't this more of a circumstance that we haven't had a natural ruckman until English was drafted? And if Bevo didn't rate ruckmen, would he have given license to the recruiting team to use our first pick on one in 2016?

The only circumstance I would consider even listening to West Coke in the future is if English has chronic homesickness and demands a move back to his home state.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"