Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 56 of 108 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Draw the line.

A. Pick 22, and they can have pick 60 back if anything.
    B. Their 2019 1st - for - our 2019 2nd round pick. (3 first rounders Wingard and/or May trade currency)
    C. A player we fancy. Cox, McStay, Keays, Mayes.
    D. Place fingers and ears and yell 'la la la la, Sammy can't hear you' until either they buckle or the trade period ends.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Could be a player trade or a combination of draft picks. I'd be surprised if they parted with pick 22 straight up

I'd have no problems playing hard ball with him either. At some time a club has to take a stand
    There is no reason for us to make this trade for anything less than overs. He's not a toxic presence at the club or anything and he's contracted for a good while.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    There is no reason for us to make this trade for anything less than overs. He's not a toxic presence at the club or anything and he's contracted for a good while.
    Yep. I want our Stew Crameri paid back by anyone because it's the 'right thing'.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Just a hypothetical question but prior to this news about Adams would we have gladly added him to pick 6 to get the deal done for Wingard?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Are we overrating him?
    yes, a bit..........but.....THEY want him. we have to work with what they have..........pick 22 will be overs for sure.........but that's what I would demand.

Post Thanks / Like

Just a hypothetical question but prior to this news about Adams would we have gladly added him to pick 6 to get the deal done for Wingard?
    I'd look to be more creative and try to use him for a swap of next first and second round picks 2019 if we are allowed to do it having traded our second for this year. It costs them nothing this year, plus Neale is made easier for them because of it. They still maintain two second rounders next year.

We could try to keep pick 6, maybe offer Port two 2019 first rounders. Or maybe make a play for May and Wingard with three first rounders up our sleeve as trade currency. If we can find a good trade then we take it, if not, he's due back for preseason training in 6 weeks.

Post Thanks / Like

Gladly? No, but if Port were really playing hardball and demanding 6 and 25 and the alternative was 6 and Adams then we'd probably be happy enough for that to happen.

I assume you're thinking about Adams to Bris, Mayes to Port and 25 staying with us as the deal?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    Gladly? No, but if Port were really playing hardball and demanding 6 and 25 and the alternative was 6 and Adams then we'd probably be happy enough for that to happen.

I assume you're thinking about Adams to Bris, Mayes to Port and 25 staying with us as the deal?
    There appears to be a few people more than happy to pay Port more than pick 6 for Wingard, I was just wondering if prior to the news if Port said we want pick six and Adams if we would have been happy enough to do that deal or not?

I know there is a lot of talk about playing hardball with Adams and there are advantages in doing that but most clubs eventually let unhappy players leave. If that is the case, I wonder what a fair deal is for the specimen?

Post Thanks / Like

There appears to be a few people more than happy to pay Port more than pick 6 for Wingard, I was just wondering if prior to the news if Port said we want pick six and Adams if we would have been happy enough to do that deal or not?

I know there is a lot of talk about playing hardball with Adams and there are advantages in doing that but most clubs eventually let unhappy players leave. If that is the case, I wonder what a fair deal is for the specimen?
    Fair deal it shouldn’t be, they want him they have obviously offered him more years and more money, we can just say no, it won’t be fair it will be an advantage to us.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Could we see MC Stay come into play ?
    Sounds like a good deal to me. Time for Tom Boyd to play Jackson Trengove’s Wingard role for his close old Eastern Ranges mate.

Plus we don’t really have a defender to play on the gorillas and he could fit the bill.

"I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

Post Thanks / Like

Brisbane - I don't get why he'd prefer them to us. I'm confused.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    Brisbane - I don't get why he'd prefer them to us. I'm confused.
    Money and a longer contract might be one reason but I wonder if there is something else bubbling away.

Post Thanks / Like

Money and a longer contract might be one reason but I wonder if there is something else bubbling away.
    Well he always said he would be happy to stay, maybe it’s us in reality pushing a deal.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

That was my concern. I bought the party boy line for recent departures, but Marcus who I've had some dealings with is a big surprise to me. Solid citizen. Maybe he just needs warmer weather who knows. Hope that's it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
    That was my concern. I bought the party boy line for recent departures, but Marcus who I've had some dealings with is a big surprise to me. Solid citizen. Maybe he just needs warmer weather who knows. Hope that's it.
    Yep, he seems like a decent and dedicated type. I guess a deal for an extra year could be tempting for him but I hope it's not something internally at the club he isn't comfortable with.