Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 59 of 108 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

The Age via realfooty have indicated we have interest in the Hawks Taylor Duryea.
    Given his age and the fact that he is 27 and a free agent it could impact the Dahlhaus compensation so we will have to trade

Do we need another small defender?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The Age via realfooty have indicated we have interest in the Hawks Taylor Duryea.
    Given his age and the fact that he is 27 and a free agent it could impact the Dahlhaus compensation so we will have to trade

Why??? Unless it's as a DFA. But even then, he's not best 25 with those way ahead of him. Maybe in another time sure, but in the situation we are in with the list and compo impact, I'm not seeing it.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't have him in the backline when Daniel is playing there, even as the loose man.

Post Thanks / Like

Duryea has spent most of the last couple of years playing as a defensive forward, rather than a defender.

Post Thanks / Like

He wouldn't be best 22 for us so a pretty blah decision.

Post Thanks / Like

Defensive forward? Love great kicks of the footy, and his tackles stick
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Pie Man View Post
    Defensive forward? Love great kicks of the footy, and his tackles stick
    Averaged less than two tackles a game, only kicked 1 goal for the season and averaged 15 touches. Also averages more clangers per game than tackles.

Roarke Smith also played 7 less games and had just four less 1%s so he's not better than what we have as a defender and he doesn't offer what we need as a defensive forward.

9. Thanks Greystache thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Smart be Geelong to grab Kreuger. Was surprised he didn't get picked up last year and would've been on a few clubs radars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Testekill View Post
    Averaged less than two tackles a game, only kicked 1 goal for the season and averaged 15 touches. Also averages more clangers per game than tackles.

Roarke Smith also played 7 less games and had just four less 1%s so he's not better than what we have as a defender and he doesn't offer what we need as a defensive forward.
    Way to make a point. Ouch. That's pretty damning for a defensive forward. And that's leaving aside Williams, Richards, Suckling, Crozier, Daniel, JJ are ahead of him at half back. If he's no good forward, and not going to get a game bar 3-4 injuries, and can't play midfield.... He's replacing Roughead and Campbell.... That's shrewd by Bevo, the higher ups say don't put a rolls Royce midfielder in the ruck, so he responds with trying to recruit a Datsun 120Y shorter bloke to play undersized-bash-up-derby. So if that means no Bont rucking, time to start a Welcome to the WBFC Taylor Duryea thread.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't make much sense to me...

One player I've been thinking about the last few weeks is James Rose up in Sydney. Hasn't had a huge amount of opportunity but seems ready to make a leap into consistent AFL performer.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh hello no!

This is surely some journo reading Big Footy or Facebook forums and running with it.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

I swear my new slogan is fast becoming “give me strength”. What was looking as a possible wingard to dogs is fast becoming a “other teams non best 22”....and I’m beginning to get frustrated.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    I swear my new slogan is fast becoming “give me strength”. What was looking as a possible wingard to dogs is fast becoming a “other teams non best 22”....and I’m beginning to get frustrated.
    And I hope Wingard hasn't read that article. He'll run for the hills
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Duryea cannot be a good idea for us.
    Send him to Gold Coast or Carlton. They need experienced players that aren't really any good more than we do.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

17. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Duryea cannot be a good idea for us.
    Send him to Gold Coast or Carlton. They need experienced players that aren't really any good more than we do.
    I don't see a lot of value in this one either. He's not a bad player but how badly do we need him. Perhaps a 3rd rounder would be sufficient swap.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"