Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 6 of 108 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Hope it's just that. A Rumour. Not a fan. Had to Google him a week or two back to find out who he was.

Just checked his Stats. 28 years old, 55 games since 2014. No idea how many he's missed through injury, but based on that it's a massive NO from me.
    He's actually a really smart footballer, and as good a shot for goal as there is in the competition. At VFL level he plays on ball and gets big numbers, at AFL level plays as a small forward.
    I'm not necessarily advocating getting him, but trying to colour your perspective more than a google search.
    You may recall that he kicked a 50m set shot goal after the siren to beat the swans on a Saturday night. He kicked 35 goals that season.

Post Thanks / Like

If we're recasting Wallis as a forward then is there a place for Lloyd?
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

No surprise there...now Richmond, Collingwood or Hawthorn. God help us
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps it's just noise but there are suggestions May might jilt the Suns as well.

While everyone's falling over themselves to bait Lynch I wouldn't be averse to us exploring.

Yes, yes, I know we've got key position defenders up the wazoo. But how many good ones do we have?
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Perhaps it's just noise but there are suggestions May might jilt the Suns as well.

While everyone's falling over themselves to bait Lynch I wouldn't be averse to us exploring.

Yes, yes, I know we've got key position defenders up the wazoo. But how many good ones do we have?
    We've chased May almost every year since he was drafted, why wouldn't we do it again. Hearing 'no' doesn't stop us from going again any other time.

More seriously, say Young does find his way to Adelaide, Morris retires and Roberts is delisted with question marks on Collins if he stays (and the Hawthorn rumours are false) and with Roughead going, Trengove takes the ruck/forward spot. We'd have Adams (lots of injuries), Naughton (inexperienced) & Cordy (not a gorilla taking type) with Wood as the interceptor (unlucky hammies). Chasing May might be worth it again. Moreso if the GCS throw the house at Wallis (such that he can't say no - his manager confirms they're interested in him) for leadership and a needed player type, but we threaten to match the offer and demand a trade that includes May. But without a player demanding to go there, I've no idea how we'd satisfy a trade. And hopefully Wally signs ASAP.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    We've chased May almost every year since he was drafted, why wouldn't we do it again. Hearing 'no' doesn't stop us from going again any other time.

More seriously, say Young does find his way to Adelaide, Morris retires and Roberts is delisted with question marks on Collins if he stays (and the Hawthorn rumours are false) and with Roughead going, Trengove takes the ruck/forward spot. We'd have Adams (lots of injuries), Naughton (inexperienced) & Cordy (not a gorilla taking type) with Wood as the interceptor (unlucky hammies). Chasing May might be worth it again. Moreso if the GCS throw the house at Wallis (such that he can't say no - his manager confirms they're interested in him) for leadership and a needed player type, but we threaten to match the offer and demand a trade that includes May. But without a player demanding to go there, I've no idea how we'd satisfy a trade. And hopefully Wally signs ASAP.
    I have asked Bullies where he read this rumour and he didn't reply so I assume he din't read it or heard it anywhere except on WOOF. Are you just repeating what you read on WOOF BT?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I have asked Bullies where he read this rumour and he didn't reply so I assume he din't read it or heard it anywhere except on WOOF. Are you just repeating what you read on WOOF BT?
    Bullies I think said Young wanted to Adelaide, and I've not heard that on here or generally. What has been floating around here and if memory serves my correct, was mentioned in a news article, is that Adeliade are into Young, but he's a contracted player so it means absolutely nothing unless there's something in it for the club above and beyond a talented KPP we have contracted. Lots of clubs are into lots of players, but he's contracted.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Bullies I think said Young wanted to Adelaide, and I've not heard that on here or generally. What has been floating around here and if memory serves my correct, was mentioned in a news article, is that Adeliade are into Young, but he's a contracted player so it means absolutely nothing unless there's something in it for the club above and beyond a talented KPP we have contracted. Lots of clubs are into lots of players, but he's contracted.
    I haven't read anywhere bout Crows interested in Young so just interested in the link from anyone who read it.

Post Thanks / Like

Hah! We should be able to turn that little situation into a third round pick at least.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I haven't read anywhere bout Crows interested in Young so just interested in the link from anyone who read it.
    I've just spent 15 minutes going through the site looking for it. But I'm giving up. In all though, Adelaide would be extremely neglectful not talking to his manager, they need a player like Young, a kid who probably wouldn't leave SA again and he hasn't cracked a game all year with us. Whether he leaves or whether he has told his manager to tell them 'no', who knows. But I'd be staggered in the Crows list manager if they didn't reach out to his manager at a minimum.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe the reason Young isn’t playing is because he’s told the club he wants a trade back to SA ?
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Maybe the reason Young isn’t playing is because he’s told the club he wants a trade back to SA ?
    You’re now Barrett’s ‘club source’ for this certain trade in his doors thing tomorrow!

14. Likes DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    They would be fattening him up by playing him there a great deal to be had. I thinks its all just highly speculative that are interested in him. Id prefer to keep him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    They would be fattening him up by playing him there a great deal to be had. I thinks its all just highly speculative that are interested in him. Id prefer to keep him.

Especially if another club is interested.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.