Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 7 of 108 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

If GC are interested in Wallis, I'd expect them to do a trade rather than FA. If they bring Wallis in through FA, that might reduce their return on Lynch (assuming they don't match).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by divvydan View Post
    If GC are interested in Wallis, I'd expect them to do a trade rather than FA. If they bring Wallis in through FA, that might reduce their return on Lynch (assuming they don't match).
    You're right. They will get better compo for Lynch than we will for Wallis but the AFL views a FA as a FA. It's in their interest to trade for Wallis.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Isn't May a FA also? If so they would lose 2 players to FA so if Wallis walks to GC it would cancel out only 1 FA compo... I think.

Edit: just checked May isn't a FA so disregard any twaddle that I just wrote.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

May is contracted until the end of next year at which point he would be a FA.

Just for clarification, if GC brought Wallis in on FA and Lynch left on FA, it wouldn't remove all compensation for Lynch leaving but it would likely reduce the compensation from a first round pick to perhaps a mid first round pick or even an end of first round pick. How reduced the compensation would be would depend on the difference between their respective salaries and length of contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Just for clarification, if GC brought Wallis in on FA and Lynch left on FA, it wouldn't remove all compensation for Lynch leaving but it would likely reduce the compensation from a first round pick to perhaps a mid first round pick or even an end of first round pick. How reduced the compensation would be would depend on the difference between their respective salaries and length of contract.
    So we could potentially move up one spot inside the top 5 if we let Wallis walk?

Sounds like some 4D chess.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

On May and his FA status at the end of 2019; there's been discussion that the last thing GC want is their Lynch situation to be repeated with May this time next year so they might seek a commitment from him now to allay those fears.

If he can't give them one, well...
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

I've reiterated this a few times on here - it's age and dollars that are important for free agency compensation, contract length is of very minor importance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    I've reiterated this a few times on here - it's age and dollars that are important for free agency compensation, contract length is of very minor importance.
    Yep read a while back it's the first two years of the contract are taken into consideration, the rest are only used if the decision is line-ball.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I have asked Bullies where he read this rumour and he didn't reply so I assume he din't read it or heard it anywhere except on WOOF. Are you just repeating what you read on WOOF BT?
    No wasn't in the paper. All I said was if a deal can be done to go home he will otherwise he will see out the contract.

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone interested in Dayne Beams, and what would it take?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yes. Great user of the ball, smart footballer and an identified leader. Unfortunately he will be 29 by start of next year so how much it would cost would be a factor.

He's of similar age to Bryce Gibbs who Adelaide gave up picks 10 and 16 for last season. Beams would sit in a similar category.

Adelaide gaining Gibbs probably fits their window more than it does our own but if we could manufacture it for a low second round pick (unlikely and which we don't currently have) then I'd be interested.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    No, but I really rate him.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

The most games he's played for the lions was in 2017.
    Has trouble staying on the park. With the age factor I'm a no.
    Also he has something that's a bit black and white about him that doesn't sit well.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

St Kilda has an eye on Dan Menzel and looking at a possible two-year offer
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

WC have offered Roughy a contract which apparently is very generous and we won't match. Probably a good move for Roughy.

16. Thanks azabob, bulldogtragic thanked for this post
    Likes Dry Rot, Mofra liked this post