Thanks Thanks:  75
Likes Likes:  485
Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 498990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1617
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 AFL -Trade Rumours and Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Lol 32 + crap for Adams ..

I hope they used lube
    So , what were you expecting ? Early pick?
    Bloke who’s played half a season in each of his 3 years !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    But what if he does now? I think the value is about right but we didn't get anything for the fact that he had a long contract in place.
    Adams simply is not worth more and everyone knows it. When your perennially injured, shank as many kicks as you middle and struggle with positioning playing in team structures (e.g. a high press) you cannot expect a return under pick 30. He's strong, agile and a good mark but we have a plethora of options down back in Naughton,Young, Trengove, Roberts and Cordy / Morris on the thirds.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

3. Likes Testekill, craigsahibee liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Adams simply is not worth more and everyone knows it. When your perennially injured, shank as many kicks as you middle and struggle with positioning playing in team structures (e.g. a high press) you cannot expect a return under pick 30. He's strong, agile and a good mark but we have a plethora of options down back in Naughton,Young, Trengove, Roberts and Cordy / Morris on the thirds.
    I think he has proven he can be good senior footballer and while his injuries are a concern it was the Lions who sounded him out and approached us. We didn't offer him up because we didn't rate him and for that I think there should have been a slight premium in what we received for him. We offered and he signed a contract for an additional 2 years 6 or 7 months back and the real story we should all want to know is why he felt like he needed a fresh start elsewhere?

The deal is done and we get on with things but we have lost a good enough player.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think he has proven he can be good senior footballer and while his injuries are a concern it was the Lions who sounded him out and approached us. We didn't offer him up because we didn't rate him and for that I think there should have been a slight premium in what we received for him. We offered and he signed a contract for an additional 2 years 6 or 7 months back and the real story we should all want to know is why he felt like he needed a fresh start elsewhere?

The deal is done and we get on with things but we have lost a good enough player.
    Not that it really changes your point but he signed a 3 year contract extension in May 2017.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Axe Man View Post
    Not that it really changes your point but he signed a 3 year contract extension in May 2017.
    Thanks.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    So , what were you expecting ? Early pick?
    Bloke who’s played half a season in each of his 3 years !
    No, I was expecting us to stick to our guns and receive a pick in the 20’s that we asked for. Other clubs get what they want. About time we started and wasn’t bent over in every negotiation ...simple.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    No, I was expecting us to stick to our guns and receive a pick in the 20’s that we asked for. Other clubs get what they want. About time we started and wasn’t bent over in every negotiation ...simple.
    And when you don't receive it what do you do?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    And when you don't receive it what do you do?
    Hold them to their contract.

Kelly and Geelong will be interesting test cases to see how that works out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
    Hold them to their contract.

Kelly and Geelong will be interesting test cases to see how that works out.
    For 12 months, until they lose him for little next year.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    For 12 months, until they lose him for little next year.
    That seems the most probable outcome. One difference we'd have is Adams would have had another year left next trade period.

However is there not some value to demonstrating that you will not trade contracted players if the trade does not satisfy you? Maybe we were always angling for a low 30s pick but we did say we wanted a pick in the 20s and accepted something less than that. Clubs must know by now that when we say we want X we'll settle for less.

Post Thanks / Like

That seems the most probable outcome. One difference we'd have is Adams would have had another year left next trade period.

However is there not some value to demonstrating that you will not trade contracted players if the trade does not satisfy you? Maybe we were always angling for a low 30s pick but we did say we wanted a pick in the 20s and accepted something less than that. Clubs must know by now that when we say we want X we'll settle for less.
    Absolutely - which is why we typically leave trade deals saying 'it's not the worst, could have done better'.

For all the flak Essendon and Dodoro gets, he does two things:
    - He gets the players he targets
    - He buys and sells close to what he initially bargains for and doesn't deviate too much

Post Thanks / Like

A 20’s pick vs a low 30’s pick this year AND a late 30’s pick next year - Sam Power did very well from my perspective, especially for a mature age player who cannot get on the park and has deficiencies in his game.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

14. Likes Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    A 20’s pick vs a low 30’s pick this year AND a late 30’s pick next year - Sam Power did very well from my perspective, especially for a mature age player who cannot get on the park and has deficiencies in his game.
    I like it. We have a FS & NGA player this year. We got pick 32 to help out. We potentially have two FS next year, looking at a pick around 55 to help out. It makes life a lot easier over two drafts for up to 4 players, for a bloke who finished every sentence seemingly with, I want a trade out of here. It's a bigger picture as to our unique circumstances type trade.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Doubtful since it's Hawthorn's 3rd rounder and not the Suns. Every possibility it's a pick in the 50s especially after FA compo

Post Thanks / Like

Doubtful since it's Hawthorn's 3rd rounder and not the Suns. Every possibility it's a pick in the 50s especially after FA compo
    Oh god it just keeps on getting worse.