Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  24
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd hasn’t had your average career but at what stage do his 2016 Grand Final credits run out?

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    That right there is why Bevo won't play him as a stay at home forward. How can he when Boyd is no more than a 10-20% chance of taking even uncontested overhead marks,
    To be fair, that was contested. If not for the slight touch from the Geeling defender, he would've got the second bite. But again, he needs to take some grippo off Gowers jumper.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Boyd hasn’t had your average career but at what stage do his 2016 Grand Final credits run out?

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    To be fair, that was contested. If not for the slight touch from the Geeling defender, he would've got the second bite. But again, he needs to take some grippo off Gowers jumper.
    He got 2 hands to it uncontested. The bobble allowed the (smaller) defender to kill it.

If he had anything resembling an AFL standard ability to mark a ball, it would have been a pretty straight forward grab.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    He got 2 hands to it uncontested. The bobble allowed the (smaller) defender to kill it.

If he had anything resembling an AFL standard ability to mark a ball, it would have been a pretty straight forward grab.
    As I said, take some of Gowers grippo. But Tom is doing a lot of positive things tonight.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Was a wonderful handball to Gowers for that goal

Post Thanks / Like

Great game from him tonight, especially around the ground
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

6. Likes Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Was the team leader for contested possession all night until the last 5-8 minutes. Leading by example with 10 of his 17 contested with his 31 hit outs.

Such a smart 1%er to set up Gowers for the match sealer too.

8. Likes Testekill, Raw Toast liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Good effort tonight, against Geelong's weak ruck division but battled all day and had some important touches
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Was the team leader for contested possession all night until the last 5-8 minutes. Leading by example with 10 of his 17 contested with his 31 hit outs.

Such a smart 1%er to set up Gowers for the match sealer too.
    Even my wife said "that was smart the way he kept that in".

11. Likes bulldogtragic, Mofra liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There seems to be a lot of goodwill around Boyd from the majority of supporters loving that he is out there week in week out grinding the improvement will continue. Can anyone work out his Marking technique with the flat hands? I can’t remember seeing it before. For mine he is a few marks from being spoken about externally in a really positive light.

I still think when he drifts forward our players continue to miss him. Dahl in the last quarter on Friday night had him 40m out and instead went to the pocket. It happens frequently.

Post Thanks / Like

Tom's marking technique reminds me of the action volleyball players use at the net to defend against a spike.

Any wonder the ball comes off his hands accordingly.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    There seems to be a lot of goodwill around Boyd from the majority of supporters loving that he is out there week in week out grinding the improvement will continue. Can anyone work out his Marking technique with the flat hands? I can’t remember seeing it before. For mine he is a few marks from being spoken about externally in a really positive light.

I still think when he drifts forward our players continue to miss him. Dahl in the last quarter on Friday night had him 40m out and instead went to the pocket. It happens frequently.
    There's at least once or twice a game he's in an advantageous position and is overlooked for a bad option. I'd like to blame the fact midfielders might be unsure of his leading patterns, but some decisions seem to voluntary choices to avoid him (being they had time to weigh their choices up). Hopefully we can sort this out, before The Hun start running back page stories saying his financially poor team mates won't kick it to him out of jealousy...

Post Thanks / Like

There's at least once or twice a game he's in an advantageous position and is overlooked for a bad option. I'd like to blame the fact midfielders might be unsure of his leading patterns, but some decisions seem to voluntary choices to avoid him (being they had time to weigh their choices up). Hopefully we can sort this out, before The Hun start running back page stories saying his financially poor team mates won't kick it to him out of jealousy...
    I'm not certain, but from this year I thought Bonti overtook him as hour highest paid player anyway.

I guess the one advantage of being more of a 'draft and develop' club is that you rarely lose players due to salary cap constraints.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post
    The reason There's no photo of Jezza is because no matter how TINY I save it, even when it's blurry postage stamp size blob, WOOF still always tells me it's too big. It's the reason why I've never created an avatar image too. But I see these beautiful big nice clear images all the time on woof. Like the ones in this article.
    Confused of Flemington.
    Is this what you were after Douggy?

Have a look at this thread:
    https://www.woof.net.au/forum/showth...-Post-Pictures

I use https://postimages.org/. Upload the image and then copy the hotlink for forums link and paste into your post.

Post Thanks / Like

Jezza didn't take that grab in the hands anyway.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Jezza didn't take that grab in the hands anyway.
    I KNEW someone was gonna say that. It makes no difference. This is the correct technique. This picture just illustrates it very clearly.
    The fact that Jezza took this particular mark on his chest is completely beside the point.