link

Out of contract Western Bulldogs midfielder Mitch Wallis has stated he wants to remain with the club, despite a lack of opportunities this year.

Wallis has been linked to several clubs, including Brisbane and Essendon, but is adamant he wants to remain at Whitten Oval.

“I’m certain that I want to stay,” he told Future Stars.

“We’re in constant chats, but I think my main priority right now is to keep this momentum going because it has been a little bit of a disappointing year.

“I can say I can see myself at the Bulldogs for a very long time.”is week - David King

Wallis said everything that can be done to get a deal together is being done, but understands there’s a chance he may have to look elsewhere.

“I don’t have a timeline to be honest. I know I have a future in the game and I hope it’s at the Bulldogs. We’re in constant talks and we’re going to get it done,” he said.

Wallis sees himself as an inside midfielder, but is happy to sacrifice his role to help younger players develop.
“Obviously I’m an inside midfielder, but I don’t mind going forward and Luke Beveridge is big on us being versatile,” he said.

“I just see my role as really harnessing the group and leading from the front, because we have got such a young group, there’s so much exciting talent coming through.”

You can watch the full interview with Mitch Wallis from Future Stars