Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  26
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Wallis: "I'm certain I want to stay at the Bulldogs"

Wallis can adjust to other roles, and we should be keeping him.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

2. Likes Raw Toast, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Wallis can adjust to other roles, and we should be keeping him.
    But we aren't signing him, and media are pretty strong he's out the door (inc. Stevo). Makes you wonder why haven't signed him and whether a game like tonight will impact the reason why we are not signing him, or just increase the free agency offers and ensure he leaves.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder if Wally's 3 goals and bucket of possessions is either turning Bevo onto keeping him, or not, but going to bring his manager bigger offers and get Sam Power and thus Bevo something he wants?
    I hope we keep him now. He's adding strings to his bow and responding really well to the coach's challenge to add layers to his game.

Dahl can get his 700k a season wherever he wants.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I hope we keep him now. He's adding strings to his bow and responding really well to the coach's challenge to add layers to his game.

Dahl can get his 700k a season wherever he wants.
    I'm not ship him the hell out. But I don't think the hold up is money or years. Which makes me wonder if his recent form can turn whomever at the club around, be it Bevo or Power? Or whether they're just happy to save the salary take a bit better compo and move on. I just honestly don't have a clue where the club is at, especially when Stevo keeps saying he's out the door.

Yep on Dahl, I think he showed Geeling to stump up some more cash to get him there. That will get us West. So it's a win-win.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I wonder if Wally's 3 goals and bucket of possessions is either turning Bevo onto keeping him, or not, but going to bring his manager bigger offers and get Sam Power and thus Bevo something he wants?
    Very serviceable up forward, horrible in the midfield where his inability to spread was on show.

He's a no for me.

Post Thanks / Like

If we lose Wallis because of stupid AFL "lets reduce stoppages" rule change and juggle draft points system, I would be gutted/ They are killing the inside mid type players career spans. His lack of speed, kicking depth and spread showed a few times ( so did a lot of players). You can't develop speed. Its not a skill, your born with it.

So many times tonight I saw players literally bending over and trying to pickup the ball and once someone had it, it became like a rugby scrum.

Well done AFL, you now have lifted the stoppages to be all above the player's waist.
    Last edited by macca; 08-07-2018 at 01:58 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Wallis has showed for mine he deserves to be at our club...hell he shouldn’t only be in the leadership group, but he should be the captain. He’s one of our better kicks for goal and he bleeds our colours. No, he’s not the most skillfull player on our list, but he busts his guts whenever he runs out, and that alone is worth its weight in gold. He’s a great mentor for younger players, and we should be signing him now.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

10. Likes bornadog, ratsmac, Mofra, Max469 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

AFL On The Mark: Bulldogs’ Mitch Wallis opens up on ‘uncomfortable’ contract negotiations

WESTERN Bulldogs’ Mitch Wallis has opened up on the uncertainly of his future at the club he has grown up loving revealing he was ‘uncomfortable’ with not having a solid future.

Wallis, a father-son selection for the Bulldogs in 2010, is out of contract at the season’s end and is yet to put pen to paper on a new contract, sparking believe that the midfielder may leave the kennel.

In an interview with Fox Footy’s On The Mark, Wallis also revealed that he didn’t expect public heat from coach Luke Beveridge during the season.

“I think I probably wasn’t expecting it,” Wallis told Fox Footy’s On The Mark about Beveridge’s comments.

“It’s something you have to deal with and that’s reality. I probably didn’t have the best patch of footy before I was out of the side, so he put the heat on me and I deserve that. You take it with a grain of salt because you know he’s always got your best interests at heart and I think I responded really well.

“I’ve ticked all the boxes in term of coming back and leading the way for the young players, so it’s about taking that next step further and doing a little bit more on a consistent basis. “

The 25-year-old says he’s in a tough situation regarding his contract but wants to remain at the club he has long family ties to.

“Yeah it’s an uncomfortable feeling,” Wallis said.

“I must admit, I never thought I’d have to go through this period, I would be a bit naive from that point. Like I’ve said previously, I love the Bulldogs it’s in my blood, I’m sure we’ll come to an agreement sooner rather than later.

“The main focus for me is playing really good footy and bringing along the young players we have on our list. We have a lot of exciting young players in Ed Richards, Aaron Naughton, who have come on in leaps and bounds this year. It’s about fostering their development, and really charging forward for the rest of the year.”

Wallis also says that he is “defiant” in wanting to show form to earn another contract and was making sure that he could “stay a Western Bulldog for life”.

The midfielder also spoke about the hardship of being sidelined in the Bulldogs’ triumphant 2016 premiership season, having suffered a broken leg.

“It gets more challenging as time goes by,” he said.

“Obviously we didn’t have the year we wanted last year and reach the finals again, but during that moment I was with Bob Murphy who was going through similar emotions. So I wasn’t by myself.

“Being a Bulldogs supporter sign birth and seeing the hardships of going through the early 2000s, where wins didn’t come too often to see the club finally break the drought was just a huge emotional rollercoaster that end up on a huge high.

The son of 261 gamer Stephen, says that he was able to grow during his time on the sidelined after what was an emotional and draining time during the Grand Final week.

“I left a bit earlier (on the Sunday night after the Grand Final),” Wallis said.

“I was just drained and needed a recharge. There was a little moment in the ride home in the cab with my fiance that I knew that I missed out and I started to cry a little bit actually. That was where it hit me pretty hard.

“I developed a lot as a person, you obviously go through hardships during your lives, not only in your footballing career but other things as well and it taught me a lot of lessons about being defiant and always trying to put a positive spin on things.”
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Clay Smith has left a massive void in our forward line in terms of pressure and scoreboard impact. Mitch has the tools and the determination to become a similar strong presence and leader in our forward line - God knows we need it.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

13. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

There is a spot there for him, he just has to earn it and keep whoever out. Watching some of Clay's highlights, he was actually very nimble on his feet and when he was down at the packs, he got up very quickly. Clay was a good reader off the pack and a tackling machine.

Picken toughness and overhead marking was a treat to watch in the foreward line. Dickson is clever player and knows how to read the play unfold. Wallis has a few people he can tap on there.

I hope he stays,