Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  31
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tributes to Clay Smith -you done us proud.

Gone at 25 but forever remembered. Saw your first game - 4 goals on debut in a losing side from memory ( which is a bit iffy these days!)
    We owe you a huge debt of thanks Clay for what you did for our Club. The pain of those injuries and the long road back must have been very tough at times. But your character passed the test and, with the help of others, you triumphed.
    Your contribution to our 2016 finals campaign was EPIC.
    You would not be denied. You cracked in as always like a man possessed. Willing yourself to every contest. You were under great emotional stress having lost a great mate. Your mental toughness to the fore, you got through to the end - a Premiership player.
    Thanks Clay - for everything. Best wishes for all you plan to do after football. You got to the top of the mountain and I'm sure you enjoyed the view. As I've been writing this scenes of your play in 2016 have been running on a loop through my mind's eye. These scenes will never fade from the collective memory of the Bulldog faithful. They are your gift to us, Clay, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.
    http://journals.worldnomads.com/merantau
    "It's not about the destination - it's about the trip."

2. Thanks westbulldog thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog, N/A, Smads57, Templeton31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tributes to Clay Smith -you done us proud.

One of the hardest at it footy players I've seen In a long time.... If he didn't have a bad knee. He would be feared by every club. Probably won us a grand final from getting us past GWS. No doubt he succeeds in life after footy. I'd definately buy that man a beer a the pub. Good luck fella.

Post Thanks / Like

In spite of the constant knee injuries, you achieved so much in such a short time, so sorry to see you retire.

I am sure that with your demonstrated determination and all the years ahead of you, that you will go on to success in whichever field that you choose in life.

Thanks Clay, it was a privilege to watch you play.
    The truth will set you free,
    but first it will piss you off. ... Gloria Steinem.

5. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for your years at the Western Bulldogs Clay. Your performances in the QF and GF 2016 will forever be etched in my memory. I’m sorry that injury has cut short your career, but you have the ultimate..a premiership player.

Congratulations once again, and all the best to you in the future.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

7. Likes Eastdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice one Clay.

Last edited by bornadog; 09-07-2018 at 08:15 PM.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Nice one Clay.
    youtu.be/CPZJsg1jz7w
    Nice.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

11. Likes Max469, kruder, N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! Up here in Cairns and got AFL 360 on, and not even worth a comment from Robinson or Whateley!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Wow! Up here in Cairns and got AFL 360 on, and not even worth a comment from Robinson or Whateley!
    No disrespect meant here but when Daniel Menzel retires, he’ll get his own tv special.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

14. Likes Sedat, N/A, Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Do we win the prelim without Clay? I don't think anyone will forget that game and Clays contribution. Thanks for your efforts!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    No disrespect meant here but when Daniel Menzel retires, he’ll get his own tv special.
    Going to smash the pricks on Twitter. Disgusting lack of respect.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

We should retire the number 14.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Going to smash the pricks on Twitter. Disgusting lack of respect.
    Are we surprised though?
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Couldn’t give a crap what the meaningless afl media or even wider afl community think of one player vs another. What others say or don’t say doesn’t change anything about him or what he achieved. We all know and everyone in the club knows that Clay was a heart and soul player who achieved far more than most in his situation would have. Him being a premiership player after 3 knee recos is a testament to his perseverance and determination. Absolute relentless competitive beast who never once left anything out on the field. We don’t win the 2016 flag without him and like others have said, the whole team walked taller with him on the field. He could have been anything if not for his injuries and yet despite them still managed to finish his career as a champion. You will be missed Clay.

20. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Clay - we were always a better team when he was up and about

Selfless with his body, the way he would throw himself about, no regard for a body that had already suffered more than any should

He retires a Bullgod - so many players have had better luck with injury, but not many have a glorious month upon which to reflect.

You will always be at home at the Bulldogs Clay - I look forward to teaching my grand kids (and thats a long way off) about your heroics

22. Likes N/A liked this post