Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: NAB Cup

Post Thanks / Like

NAB Cup

With the 8 man interchange which players do you think will be selected?

I'll go with

Ray, Murphy, Everitt, Cross, Boyd, Johnson, Hahn, Gilbee, Street, Williams, Ward, Hudson, Griffen, Cooney, Stack, Higgins Akermanis, Addison, McDougall, Hargrave, Minson, Callan, Lake, Morris, Wight and Harbrow.

I think Welsh is underdone as is Eagleton and West should be given a spell.
    Stack and Ward should get their first senior games. O'Shea might be a chance. It's a very tall line-up isn't it.

Is Lake right to play?

Any care to try and provide some potential match-ups?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NAB Cup

Are we playing North? Anyone know how their pre-season is going, injuries, player availability etc?
    The fight is here; I need ammunition, not a ride.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dry Rot View Post
    Are we playing North? Anyone know how their pre-season is going, injuries, player availability etc?
    One of their younger players did his knee. They were looking at him to fill a key defensive post.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by borgy View Post
    One of their younger players did his knee. They were looking at him to fill a key defensive post.
    Grima? He was a rookie, not a listed player

Post Thanks / Like

wouldn't surprise me if a few of our indigenous players get a game up in darwin.

always a good experience for the younger players up there.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking fwd to hopefully seeing Ward and Stack in the NAB. Reports so far have been promising for these 2 so will be interested to see where they are at.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting that the AFL schedules two smaller clubs on a Friday night from Darwin and then shows it only on Foxtel, whilst they show Richmond V St Kilda on Seven in prime time

I wouldn't have thought that was helpful fixturing for either club in their bids to build membership

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Interesting that the AFL schedules two smaller clubs on a Friday night from Darwin and then shows it only on Foxtel, whilst they show Richmond V St Kilda on Seven in prime time

I wouldn't have thought that was helpful fixturing for either club in their bids to build membership
    Definitely not helpful. I was hoping I'd get to see the boys on TV too.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what would have happened if they had left it as WB v Ess?

I vaguely remember something about not showing Darwin games on FTA because production costs were too much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    I wonder what would have happened if they had left it as WB v Ess?

I vaguely remember something about not showing Darwin games on FTA because production costs were too much.
    Unlike the half a mill it cost to broadcast a game from Dubai.
    Oh hang on that's right, Collingwood were involved.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    And they desperately need and deserve the media push dont they, particularly when they put on such a poor display, and their president works for a rival station

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Underdog View Post
    Funny how that works.

Post Thanks / Like

And they desperately need and deserve the media push dont they, particularly when they put on such a poor display, and their president works for a rival station
    and the premier just happens to be doing business there........... and funny..... he is a Copllingwood supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Not to mention the fact that SEN won't be broadcasting the game either despite choosing to broadcast -- in their words -- 'FIVE ENTIRE GAMES THIS WEEKEND!'

You would think we would get a gig SOMEWHERE with all this free-to-air action going on. I am so sick and tired of this it's not funny. Carlton can finish with three successive wooden spoons and still get an entire morning of talkback radio dedicated to their FAMILY DAY! And yesterday someone was going through the list of AFL clubs and how they will do this year and at the end.. no Dogs. They just plain forgot, it seems.

I'm serious, a dynasty will just be the right tonic. I'm over this whole forgotten club of the league nonsense. We have the potential to have the largest fan base of all the Melbourne clubs, will soon have the best facilities of any club, and a developing list that has the potential to rub the competition's noses in the mud for a good long while. As long as Smorgon, Rose and Eade hang around and we have some serious stability for the next ten or so years the Dogs will be the only serious contender of the Melbourne clubs. Only Geelong, with a city to themselves, will have the potential to grow the way we have.

Then we will start our own damn TV and radio station, like Real Madrid and Manchester United, and just replay old footage of Chris Grant pulling down marks over and over again ad nauseum, interspersed with the occasional match report and live cuts to the by now traditional post-grand final celebrations.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Not to mention the fact that SEN won't be broadcasting the game either despite choosing to broadcast -- in their words -- 'FIVE ENTIRE GAMES THIS WEEKEND!'

You would think we would get a gig SOMEWHERE with all this free-to-air action going on. I am so sick and tired of this it's not funny. Carlton can finish with three successive wooden spoons and still get an entire morning of talkback radio dedicated to their FAMILY DAY! And yesterday someone was going through the list of AFL clubs and how they will do this year and at the end.. no Dogs. They just plain forgot, it seems.

I'm serious, a dynasty will just be the right tonic. I'm over this whole forgotten club of the league nonsense. We have the potential to have the largest fan base of all the Melbourne clubs, will soon have the best facilities of any club, and a developing list that has the potential to rub the competition's noses in the mud for a good long while. As long as Smorgon, Rose and Eade hang around and we have some serious stability for the next ten or so years the Dogs will be the only serious contender of the Melbourne clubs. Only Geelong, with a city to themselves, will have the potential to grow the way we have.

Then we will start our own damn TV and radio station, like Real Madrid and Manchester United, and just replay old footage of Chris Grant pulling down marks over and over again ad nauseum, interspersed with the occasional match report and live cuts to the by now traditional post-grand final celebrations.
    That was my favourite bit. I don't know if it is true but i love the sound of potentially having the biggest club.