Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  44
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bevo lashes out at Barrett

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    Why stop, finish him off. Beat the living shit out.of the little weasel. I'd be happy to put my hand up and do it.
    Brother GMo, hate just creates more hate. We need love. Love like money. We know Leppitsch wants to beat him into a pulp. So maybe we use the love of our money together by chipping in and getting Leppa to do it. Using love, not hate, to fix him brother GMo. Good for the soul.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Likes macca liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Why the hell is the AFL employing Barrett in the first place. His so called weekly sliding door on the Bulldogs has been about Boyd at least 70% of the time since we recruited him
    It's the AFEL. It's hyperbolic crap that generates content in a self serving manner for the remainder of the week or following week.

Do you think it's a coincidence that the AFL web page is reporting negative follow up comments about its own tid-bit from the preceding week?
    Last edited by jeemak; 18-07-2018 at 01:12 AM.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Can no dickheads policy be applied to the media? Maybe the AFL coaches and Players association can create a new rule for red cards to certain media flogs?

If he can get a gig at the AFL as a so called journalist, it shows the lack of standards. I do not even bother reading any of his tripe or listening to any of his so called "journalism work".

His apology on the Barry hall incident was pathetic. If he had any standards he would have stopped it at that moment, and told the "boys" present that it was out of line and not appropriate.

Jake Niall or Konrad Marshall should be the standard of Journalism the AFL needs to strive for. They are really beaut writers. Miss Emma Quayle as well.

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think Bevo should have raised his part in the Hall incident. What he wrote about Boyd was bad enough to stand on its own. Will take away from how appalling what he wrote was.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    I don’t think Bevo should have raised his part in the Hall incident. What he wrote about Boyd was bad enough to stand on its own. Will take away from how appalling what he wrote was.
    Tend to agree, he should have just dealt with the comments about Roughead and Boyd
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    Brother GMo, hate just creates more hate. We need love. Love like money. We know Leppitsch wants to beat him into a pulp. So maybe we use the love of our money together by chipping in and getting Leppa to do it. Using love, not hate, to fix him brother GMo. Good for the soul.
    I always vowed I'd confront him if I ever saw him. Fortunately for him the only day I ever saw him was on that wonderful day in 2016. Him and his mate Brayshaw were scurrying out of the MCG like a couple of rats.

8. Thanks bulldogtragic, SonofScray thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No surprise the weasel denies everything...

AFL 2018: Luke Beveridge slams Tom Boyd reference in column, journalist hits back

WESTERN Bulldogs coach Luke Beveridge has launched a stunning public attack over “disgraceful” claims his club may have fabricated the reasoning behind Tom Boyd’s absence from the senior team.
    And the journalist in question, Damian Barrett, has hit back at Beveridge, saying it’s “unfortunate that Luke has chosen to go down this path”.

The Bulldogs said Boyd, who had previously taken leave from footy due to mental health issues, was ruled out of his club’s clash with Melbourne last weekend due to back soreness.

Premiership ruckman Jordan Roughead came in for Boyd to take on in-form Demons ruckman Max Gawn, who would ultimately produce one of the best performances by a big man so far this season.

After the teams were released, Barrett wrote in a column for AFL Media: “IF back soreness is the real reason Boyd is not playing this weekend ... THEN that’s a shame. Would’ve liked to have seen him up against Gawn. Instead, Roughead, who Bevo has developed a set against, will go up against a guy who may be the best ruckman in the game.”

Asked on Tuesday at his weekly press conference about the column, Beveridge told reporters: “I think it’s disgraceful.

“With mental health such a significantly sensitive issue in our game, for that individual (Barrett) to infer we were making up his injury and that there’s something else wrong — and why (he) would even go there — just shows what we’re dealing with.

“Whoever contracts and employs him, I’m inquisitive to know what the driver is from a moralistic point of view, and a contentious point of view — there’s not much there.”

But Barrett defended his column in a social media post.

“What Luke Beveridge said is wrong and inaccurate,” Barrett wrote on Twitter.

“My reference to Tom Boyd had nothing to do with what Luke has claimed. I would never reference such a matter in such a way.

“It is unfortunate that Luke has chosen to go down this path.”

Beveridge and Barrett haven’t seen eye-to-eye since Barrett’s reporting of Michael Talia allegedly leaking information to his brother, Adelaide’s Daniel, before the Bulldogs’ elimination final against the Crows in 2015.

Barrett has previously revealed he had a verbal altercation with the Dogs coach in the men’s bathroom at the 2015 Brownlow Medal.

An adamant Beveridge said Boyd was “sore” last week and that the club was thrilled with his development.

Beveridge was also eager to defend his relationship with Roughead, who’s out of contract at season’s end and a looming free agent.

In May, Beveridge via a press conference put the heat on Roughead, saying he’d “need to perform at his best pretty quickly to establish what his future is beyond this year” — a comment that surprised premiership coach Paul Roos.

“Even insinuating that ‘Roughy’ and I have relationship issues and I’m throwing him under the bus by playing him against Gawn is divisive,” Beveridge said.

Beveridge said he’s “scratching his head” at the club’s 14-man injury list, with Liam Picken (concussion) and Lukas Webb (neck) recently ruled out for the rest of 2018.

But Beveridge backed Picken, who turns 32 next month, to extend his career next season.

“With the way Liam prepares himself and the athlete that he is, he’s as much a chance as anyone to pick up where he left off,” he said.

“And hopefully, maybe it prolongs his career a little bit. We’re really hopeful we will get him back next year and he can reinvigorate his career.”

Beveridge said the Bulldogs, ahead of Sunday’s away game against second-placed West Coast, had little choice than to look at the spate of injuries as offering opportunities to other players.

“There’s so many lads in there that are getting great exposure to AFL level and doing some really good things for different periods of the game,” he said.

“That that is the way we’re looking at it, more an opportunistic angle.”

Post Thanks / Like

Found it amusing Damo had a crack at Bevo on twitter about this - the replies were around 98% negative, and some of it fairly civil and constructive (obviously unlike twitter)

A few generously gave him the benefit of the doubt around what he was implying, but took him to task for the ambiguous language used and then for not taking responsibility for how that was perceived.

Impressive of the AFL to fall in my estimation, given they were entirely bereft of credibility already. They should do one decent thing and let him go.
    Float Along - Fill Your Lungs

Post Thanks / Like

It is very pathetic where he has lowered himself to. I liked the sliding doors till the meeting in the bathroom since then it has been a dig at the bulldogs. And the show access all areas was great when Garry Lyon was running it as he kept Barrett in line. Now Barrett is running it he has barely talked about the bulldogs and when he does it’s negative.

Post Thanks / Like

enlighten me on one story Barrett has ever written that's positive about anyone.
    I believe he now has the Bulldogs the kangaroos and Brisbane not happy with him , with other journos now slamming him he is quickly running out of friends in the industry.
    He just makes up stories nowadays as he cant get anyone to spill anything to him.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    enlighten me on one story Barrett has ever written that's positive about anyone.
    I believe he now has the Bulldogs the kangaroos and Brisbane not happy with him , with other journos now slamming him he is quickly running out of friends in the industry.
    He just makes up stories nowadays as he cant get anyone to spill anything to him.
    I thought he was a Kangaroos follower?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Probably Richmond, considering it was alleged Leppitsch was physically restrained by mates from assaulting Barrett.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Barrett is a professional dickhead. He wouldn't let club allegiance get in the way of a smear campaign.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

He is, but has had his run ins with Brad Scott. North fans hate Barrett as much as we do and if anything are slightly embarrassed he comes from their stock.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Now He’s come out and had a go at Beverage for inferring he was questioning depression in the original article

I couldn’t actually read anywhere where he mentioned what he was referring to though