Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it time...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is it time...

I think if the introduction of a send-off was introduced on the basis that it is intended only for use in those rare instances of clear cut violent acts, eg Gaff, Bugg, Jonas, Hall, then I think that's fine.
    Anything more than that and it starts getting tricky. I'd hate to see a situation where a send-off is applied and that player is subsequently cleared at the tribunal.
    Limit it to account for the severe and rare egregious cases that are beyond any doubt, then I'm okay with that.

Post Thanks / Like

The Gaff ones are obvious. What about other ones?

Does Hall get sent off for the headlock? It didn't really hurt him and was provoked but it was clearly not a footballing act and had malice.

What about the Brodie Holland Montgomery bump? In play and a footballing action but no intention of getting the ball and a dirty act.

What about Ryan Hargrave breaking Heath Blacks jaw? It's in a melee but it did cause serious damage.

I am worried that as always it's another rule left to interpretation except in this case the consequences are larger than a free kick.
    I should leave it alone but you're not right

3. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
    The Gaff ones are obvious. What about other ones?

Does Hall get sent off for the headlock? It didn't really hurt him and was provoked but it was clearly not a footballing act and had malice.

What about the Brodie Holland Montgomery bump? In play and a footballing action but no intention of getting the ball and a dirty act.

What about Ryan Hargrave breaking Heath Blacks jaw? It's in a melee but it did cause serious damage.

I am worried that as always it's another rule left to interpretation except in this case the consequences are larger than a free kick.

Was the Ryan Hargrave punch during a quarter time break? I'm just trying to remember it. It landed pretty sweetly IIRC.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

Biggest thing with this is whether to replace the player, or leave them 1 short (17/18 or 21/22)

Red carding the obvious big hits is a no brainer
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    Just a thought.

If the red card comes in, what about if the red carded player to be taken out of the game but that team can still play with 18 players on the field. I find it can be too harsh on a team to play with 1 less player on the field. Maybe cut the offending teams rotations as well. Otherwise leave it as is.
    If you read my OP that is the approach I advocate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    If you read my OP that is the approach I advocate.
    So you did. I missed that bit sorry, well I second it.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ratsmac View Post
    So you did. I missed that bit sorry, well I second it.
    Red card for you.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

9. Likes ratsmac liked this post