Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  33
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Cooney and Griffen were forced from the western bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    Schadenfreude....

When we did win it, he described it as "watching your ex wife win the lotto."
    And he was pretty much spot on. Who wouldn't feel like that?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Re: How Cooney and Griffen were forced from the western bulldogs

I remember Nathan Brown saying that he was actively barracking against us in each prelim from 08 to 10. He said that (and I just can't see how he sees it this way at all) because he left that he would have felt like he was missing out on team success. So he would just rather we lost because misery loves company? Wow!

Sorry? Could you just say that again please. Nothing about being happy or sad for the guys you played with? Nothing about taking ownership of your decisions in life. Naaaahhhh! Just wish ill on those you left behind for making a go of it while you tread water at Richmond

First of all I couldn't believe someone would even think like that, especially someone who plays a team sport for a living but I especially couldn't believe he thought it was a good idea to blurt it out on the radio one day.
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite