Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  5
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Your experience of attending an EPL game

    As someone who has never attended an epl match, i'm interested in anyone's experiences. Even a lower league game in England.

    What was the atmosphere like? Was it what you expected or a bit of a letdown? When was it? The trip to the match? Any quirky happenings?

  2. Thanks GVGjr thanked for this post
    Likes Eastdog liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    One day Hose my friend we will go to our first EPL match together.


    Actually it's at the top of my bucket list. I had to opportunity (funds, time and parents to look after my two young kids for a bit) when we were playing our last season at Highbury and go to a game there before we went to Emirates but I didn't do it. But me and my son have an eye to going over next year maybe. Toward the end of the season to celebrate Emery's first EPL title would be best.
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  4. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Went to a few champions league games when I lived in London (7+ years ago). Best atmosphere was against smaller teams. Footy is a religion over there for sure.

  6. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,120
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Had the chance to get to a few European football games (e.g. Tottenham V Liverpool at White Heart Lane, AC Milan V Manchester United at the San Siro, Barcelona V Rayo Vallecano at Camp Nou). All very different but fantastic experiences.

    Barcelona had the biggest crowd but was the quietest. White Heart Lane was pumping with non stop chanting and a deafening eruption when the home team scored. Unbelievable atmosphere in a packed San Siro for a knock out Champions League game that the home team won 3 nil.

  8. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Definitely worth going too. The atmosphere is more one-eyed as the away fans have only a tiny ticket allocation and the clubs are pretty hot on away fans sitting in home fans area - they need to be quiet and not draw attention. I have seen guys ejected for celebrating away goals! I think being in the away end is fun and something I have only gotten to experience a couple of times. Once at Stmaford Bridget when Chelsea were top of their game. Celebrating a 1-1 draw like Spurs had won the FA Cup!

  10. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    One day Hose my friend we will go to our first EPL match together.


    Actually it's at the top of my bucket list. I had to opportunity (funds, time and parents to look after my two young kids for a bit) when we were playing our last season at Highbury and go to a game there before we went to Emirates but I didn't do it. But me and my son have an eye to going over next year maybe. Toward the end of the season to celebrate Emery's first EPL title would be best.


    I preferred Dick's comedic efforts of the 70's but good to see him try a career change regardless...

  11. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    Definitely worth going too. The atmosphere is more one-eyed as the away fans have only a tiny ticket allocation and the clubs are pretty hot on away fans sitting in home fans area - they need to be quiet and not draw attention. I have seen guys ejected for celebrating away goals! I think being in the away end is fun and something I have only gotten to experience a couple of times. Once at Stmaford Bridget when Chelsea were top of their game. Celebrating a 1-1 draw like Spurs had won the FA Cup!
    That's fantastic Freddie. I wasn't even aware that away fans could sit amongst the home fans. I can't imagine being able to contain myself, especially if it was against United. Were you segregated when walking up to the ground?

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Which grounds Mahatma?

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Quote Originally Posted by angelopetraglia View Post
    Had the chance to get to a few European football games (e.g. Tottenham V Liverpool at White Heart Lane, AC Milan V Manchester United at the San Siro, Barcelona V Rayo Vallecano at Camp Nou). All very different but fantastic experiences.

    Barcelona had the biggest crowd but was the quietest. White Heart Lane was pumping with non stop chanting and a deafening eruption when the home team scored. Unbelievable atmosphere in a packed San Siro for a knock out Champions League game that the home team won 3 nil.
    That's some huge matches Ap! How the hell did you get those tickets? What year was the Spurs/ Lpool game? Did the reds win?

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    north-west willy
    Posts
    991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    I think i would like to go to games at different levels. A game at Anfield. Maybe at Crystal palace. And maybe check out some quirky venues around the place.

  15. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    24,478
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    [/B]

    I preferred Dick's comedic efforts of the 70's but good to see him try a career change regardless...
    Oh, you aarre awful.

    But I loike you!

    Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    I think i would like to go to games at different levels. A game at Anfield. Maybe at Crystal palace. And maybe check out some quirky venues around the place.
    I want to go to Preston's ground Deepdale. And Emirates
    WOOF NUMBER 6

  16. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
  17. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,635
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Quote Originally Posted by HOSE B ROMERO View Post
    Which grounds Mahatma?
    Only ever Stamford Bridge and Emarites. Found the Arsenal fans were great. Chelsea fans lived up to their reputation.

  18. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
  19. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    EJ Whitten Stand
    Posts
    13,767
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    I have never been to an EPL match either like you Hose but one day it would be great to go to see Man Utd at Old Trafford and even other games.
    AFL PREMIERS 2016

  20. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
  21. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Warragul
    Posts
    4,108
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    I went to Stamford Bridge in 2003 and saw Chelsea v Blackburn Rovers. It ended 2-2 so was fortunate to see plenty of goals scored. It was just after Roman Abramovich had bought the club and embarked on a massive spending spree. There were some world class players running around for Chelsea and Lucas Neill for Blackburn.

    I was living in London then and chose a Chelsea game because it was the easiest EPL match to get a ticket for at the time.

    Obviously was a one sided crowd but I don't recall the atmosphere being anything amazing but it wasn't a particularly big game.

    Was in London when the Socceroos beat England at Upton Park as well. No chance of getting a ticket of course but was great to watch at the pub.

  22. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post
  23. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,015
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Your experience of attending an EPL game

    Does anyone know the best way to get tickets for a premier league game? Does not seem to be easy

  24. Thanks HOSE B ROMERO thanked for this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •