Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Son of the West heads North

http://www.westernbulldogs.com.au/ne...st-heads-north

Son of the West heads North
    August 16, 2018 2:34 PM

Together with Whittlesea City Council and Eastern Melbourne Primary Health Network (EMPHN), the Western Bulldogs Community Foundation will deliver the Sons of the West men’s health program in Lalor this year.

Kicking off on the 22nd of August, the six- week pilot program will provide two hours of physical activity and health education each week, tackling topics from nutrition and mental health to prostate cancer.

Formerly delivered across Victoria’s western region, Sons of the West has made a positive impact on the lives of thousands of men over the past five years.

After completing two years of the program in Sunbury, Sons of the West participant Phil Edwardes will assist with the delivery of the new program.

After suffering various physical and mental health issues, Phil was encouraged by his GP to take control of his own health and wellbeing – sparking his interest in attending Sons of the West.

“My mind became a lot clearer, I felt a lot healthier mentally and physically,” Edwardes said.

From 116 kilograms down to 88 kilograms at the end of his first year, Edwardes said he is looking forward to witnessing what he can achieve and help other men achieve in the future.

“If I’ve got any advice it would be to come and give it two weeks. After that two weeks, I guarantee you’ll start to notice a positive change,” he said.

“If it can work for me, it can work for anyone.”

EMPHN CEO Robin Whyte said that the program achieves results by considering the overall health of the individual.

“This program is set to make meaningful changes to the lives of men in our community by helping to improve their mental and physical health,” she said.

Sons of the West will run on Wednesday evenings in Lalor, beginning August 22. Places in the program are strictly limited. Please contact info@sonsofthewest.org.au for further information or to register.

This service is funded by Eastern Melbourne PHN as part of the Australian Government’s PHN Program
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Son of the West heads North

Great stuff!
    "Footscray people are incredible people; so humble. I'm just so happy - ecstatic"

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Son of the West heads North

Hasn't been a great season but we are certainly in some good form off field.

5. Likes azabob liked this post