Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  9
    Post Thanks / Like

Serial Pests. But they are our serial pests.

Most clubs have someone you just want to punch in the face as a supporter. Ballantyne, Mitch Robinson, any 22 North field and formally Lindsay Thomas. Guys that push the limits, mouth off and shit everyone.

But when there ours, it's a thing of beauty to cheer on a player that you know the opposition hate. Libba Snr towards the end of his career was the standout candidate to me, typing this. With every boo and pissy comment in the outer, my passion to pump him up grew and grew in face of it back. Seems the rest of the RW&B supporter base felt the same way.

So a couple of questions. Who have been our best such players? Do we have anyone now that genuinely fits the bill as such a player?

I think my boy Cordy is closest, but I think he just a great mongrel streak as opposed to the serial pest with a punch able face. The sort of player you just hate, until we get one on our team. Then they're ours.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Serial Pests. But they are our serial pests.

Agree re Zordy....Gowers looks like he might have a bit of aggro in him, too early to judge. Libba sticks up for his team mates too. And Redpath-although it seems so long ago since he last played. None of these are in Thug (Toby) Greene territory though - and for that I say Ahmen.

3. Likes bulldogtragic, WBFC4FFC liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I think a lot of people don't like McLean. I assume it's the ducking that kicked it off.
    They've done studies you know, 60% of the time, it works every time!
    Brian Fantana.

Post Thanks / Like

Libba when he's on the paddock. First to fly the flag and has a genuine 'us vs them at all costs' mentality.

I love Gower's swagger.

In terms of sheer competitiveness, our no 1 player might not even be on our list until next year - Rhylee West. Seems to be a clone of his dad who was an absolute freak. Basically destroyed an assistant coach's office with his wrestling matches against Griffen who he used to beat despite giving up 4 inches of height and 10-12 kgs in weight.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

6. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Libba when he's on the paddock. First to fly the flag and has a genuine 'us vs them at all costs' mentality.

I love Gower's swagger.

In terms of sheer competitiveness, our no 1 player might not even be on our list until next year - Rhylee West. Seems to be a clone of his dad who was an absolute freak. Basically destroyed an assistant coach's office with his wrestling matches against Griffen who he used to beat despite giving up 4 inches of height and 10-12 kgs in weight.

I saw Scott West's desperation up close at a practice match once. Him and Ryan Griffen went for a loose ball on the boundary right in front of us. Scoot stopped and absorbed all of Griffen's motion with a hip and shoulder and left him on the ground struggling for breath and West just allowed himself a little leer in Griff's face as he took off with the ball. Griffen was the new bull and Scotty let him know who the boss was.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

8. Thanks josie thanked for this post
    Likes Mofra, KT31 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Lachie Hunter has a punchable head in the Toby Greene mould.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post

A quote by one of my old coach's "son you can play a bit but your biggest advantage is your supremely punchable *!*!*!*!ing head"

11. Likes Mofra, merantau liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    From a family friend (just before he was drafted): "An extremely cocky kid"

Shame for the opposition he can run all day so they rarely catch him enough to belt him.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    From a family friend (just before he was drafted): "An extremely cocky kid"

Shame for the opposition he can run all day so they rarely catch him enough to belt him.

I used to win quite a lot of fights by 50-100 metres!

14. Likes WBFC4FFC, boydogs liked this post