Thanks Thanks:  22
Likes Likes:  86
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Round 1, 2019 Team

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Had Duryea earned a spot ?
    I'm not sure. He looked OK at times and seems to be someone who helps organise the back line but he isn't getting enough of the ball
    Can we play both he and Daniel in the back line?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Gowers has played himself out of the R1 lineup for mine. Been dreadful in the pre-season.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

3. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Gowers has played himself out of the R1 lineup for mine. Been dreadful in the pre-season.
    I’d agree with this. But who replaces him? He was horrible today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMahatma View Post
    I’d agree with this. But who replaces him? He was horrible today.
    Dickson
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I'm not sure. He looked OK at times and seems to be someone who helps organise the back line but he isn't getting enough of the ball
    i wouldn’t

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Both Duryea and Daniel were poor in defence today. Both were caught out badly at times through lack of height. Would prefer to see Richards return to defence where he plays his best football with Trengrove to assist Cordy with some extra height which was sadly lacking today. Naughton is a far better overhead mark than Schache who plays best as a leading forward. Both Naughton and Lloyd add value to a forward line that has struggled badly over the past two seasons. Daniel’s cleverness and good skills makes him a valuable player further afield. I doubt whether Duryea is in our best 22.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d move Suckling behind the football and bring Dickson if we think he is ready to go.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Both Duryea and Daniel were poor in defence today. Both were caught out badly at times through lack of height. Would prefer to see Richards return to defence where he plays his best football with Trengrove to assist Cordy with some extra height which was sadly lacking today. Naughton is a far better overhead mark than Schache who plays best as a leading forward. Both Naughton and Lloyd add value to a forward line that has struggled badly over the past two seasons. Daniel’s cleverness and good skills makes him a valuable player further afield. I doubt whether Duryea is in our best 22.
    Daniel did well with the stations he found himself in. I think we need Naughton back which I guess means English/Trengove is the other forward.

Trengove is solid back but does lack mobility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    I’d move Suckling behind the football and bring Dickson if we think he is ready to go.
    Suckling is being played out of position. I prefer him on HBF but not sure who moves up the ground? Perhaps replaces Daniel in my round one team.

Post Thanks / Like

Morris, Trengove, Suckling
    Williams, Cordy, Crozier
    Macrae, Liberatore, Hunter
    Lloyd, Schache, McLean
    Richards, Naughton, Dickson
    English, Bontempelli, Dunkley
    Wallis, Daniel, Lipinski, Greene

12. Likes SonofScray liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Found this very difficult.

B Wood Naughton crozier
    HB Williams Cordy Daniel
    C Suckling Libba Hunter
    HF McLean Schache Lloyd
    F Greene Dickson Wallis

FOLLOWERS English Macrae Bontempelli
    BENCH Morris Trengove Richards Dunkley

Post Thanks / Like

It was a struggle to pick the 22. So many guys I picked felt forced. Here goes...

Wood- A bit like having a go at Bambie here. He isn't taking intercept marks nor carrying the ball in his current role. I think he actually needs to be used in a taller role or he has to go. Perhaps it's a good excuse to play Naughton forward with Wood, Cordy and Morris down back. Would just be utterly massive to Wood be anything like his former self. Currently he is robbing us of rebound.

Trengove- I guess his role in the side shows how we are missing even an underachieving version of Tom Boyd. I feel he has to play to support English with the new rules making ruck work more important.

English- I think he is our best ruckman but is still raw. I think he just has to play.

Gowers- Awful in his first two JLT games but I think we need him with his strengths.

Williams- a bit lost with so many HBs. With Wood playing taller and Naughton forward, it would open a spot.

Duryea- I just have him in as he is a senior head. I'd prefer him to go forward actually.

Richards- I think he has really struggled in the two JLT games and truth be told looked very tired at times last year, we just had to get to 22. His explosive pace is a much needed asset. I just hope we go the long game here and keep on teaching him the value of earning a game. He obviously has a very bright future.

On the guys missing...

Dickson: Been on a modified program. He has the ability to kick a goal which is clearly a need. Just don't know if we can trust his body. Sports science call I guess.

Greene: Again a knack for kicking goals. I feel with him and Scache, we run risk of guys who can both do nothing in a game. Want to see him kick a few in VFL first but a spot in our side isn't too hard at the moment.

Smith: I actually really like what I have seen but needs to clean up kick when in traffic as we simply cannot play another guy with poor disposal.

15. Thanks Go_Dogs thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The list clearly isn't balanced - our decision to add more half back flankers when we're clearly overstocked is making less and less sense. Especially when match committee are now trying to find places for these guys where they clearly aren't suited.

Think that forward line needs to have a more traditional look with Dickson and Greene in for round 1

Post Thanks / Like

Our problem is the mids not the forwards. I only managed to watch the last one and a half quarters. Even our best mid in Bont was slamming the ball on his foot and kicking it to no one. We must find targets.

Lloyd Dickson Greene should play and Gowers toVFL to find form

18. Likes josie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So many out of form atm and I would suggest if Wood wasn't Captain his position would be in doubt. Imo Naughton and Suckling should play back. Anyone have any reports on Lynch and Sweet ?