Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Went along tonight, and Grundy was the difference for me. Hard to imagine him drifting out so far in the draft....I know at least one muppet on here who rated him in the top4...

Amazing they couldn't get anyone to block Cox having a clean run at the footy too.

Momentum is everything in September and the Pies had it. Dee's have it too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Go_Dogs View Post
    Went along tonight, and Grundy was the difference for me. Hard to imagine him drifting out so far in the draft....I know at least one muppet on here who rated him in the top4...

Amazing they couldn't get anyone to block Cox having a clean run at the footy too.

Momentum is everything in September and the Pies had it. Dee's have it too.
    You don’t reckon that, by virtue of the fact that, by beating Collingwood, the Eagles could claim a degree of momentum, themselves?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Webby View Post
    You don’t reckon that, by virtue of the fact that, by beating Collingwood, the Eagles could claim a degree of momentum, themselves?
    You are of course correct.

Tonight Richmond liked like a team that had played twice in 5 weeks though, so who knows.

Post Thanks / Like

Pies destroyed them in the ruck and at stoppages - 9 goals to 1 from stoppages is an absolute smashing.

In hindsight, Richmond's form has been average late in the season - beat Geelong and us by under a kick, beat Essendon by 9 points. They were just going and tonight they got schooled by a superior team who were very well organised.

Was enjoyable seeing Rance go all Goddard with his traffic cop finger pointing routine every time he was out-marked.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

5. Likes Testekill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

SPP posted a photo of himself in his underwear with his girlfriend's head on his leg to social media.

He took it down and apologised quickly, said it was an accident.

I am so *!*!*!*!ing outraged I'm beside myself.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    SPP posted a photo of himself in his underwear with his girlfriend's head on his leg to social media.

I just checked it. Yep. How is that even internet news let alone on Afel.com.au ?????
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    I just checked it. Yep. How is that even internet news let alone on Afel.com.au ?????
    Made worse in media coverage by having the whole thing blurred like some sort of orgy was happening and nothing was safe to be shown. Was expecting the GF to be half naked or something but nope, very clearly dressed and only showing her face. I imagine they decided to not show her face to protect her privacy but certainly made it seem way worse than it was.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, content with the result, Pies delivered and eminently deserved the outcome.

Guess what Tiges? It doesn't just happen because it's supposed to.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Nice to see some Forwards aka Cox, De Geoy and Reiwoldt come at the footy dam is refreshing. Boyd, Schache and bulldog coaching staff please take note.

Post Thanks / Like

What is worse, going through the season petty much on top o the ladder as firm favorites to win back to back GF's and then crashing out in the Prelim or not firing a shot through your Premiership defense season?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    What is worse, going through the season petty much on top o the ladder as firm favorites to win back to back GF's and then crashing out in the Prelim or not firing a shot through your Premiership defense season?
    Not firing a shot throughout your premiership defence season. It's hard to make the last four (top 22%) in an eighteen team competition, even starting the season as the defending premiers. Not making the top eight (top 44%) from the same position is definitely worse.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FrediKanoute View Post
    That's not even a question.

Richmond were beaten by a red hot team in a prelim, and had they played a less in firm team they probably would've won.

We barely fired a shot in 2017. I know which follow up season I'd rather.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    That's not even a question.

Richmond were beaten by a red hot team in a prelim, and had they played a less in firm team they probably would've won.

We barely fired a shot in 2017. I know which follow up season I'd rather.
    Despite the loss it was an impressive defense of their flag. Had we backed up 2016 with an impressive 2017 season I suspect we would have had close to if not more than a 50K membership base for 2018.

It's hard to put yourself into the GF mix in successive seasons given opposition clubs tend to work you out a bit and I think Richmond will look long and hard at finding some more support for Nankervis.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Despite the loss it was an impressive defense of their flag. Had we backed up 2016 with an impressive 2017 season I suspect we would have had close to if not more than a 50K membership base for 2018.

It's hard to put yourself into the GF mix in successive seasons given opposition clubs tend to work you out a bit and I think Richmond will look long and hard at finding some more support for Nankervis.
    Agree entirely. They've had a successful year and just missed consecutive Grand Finals. I don't see any shame in that.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Agree entirely. They've had a successful year and just missed consecutive Grand Finals. I don't see any shame in that.
    Spot on. Although their supporters talking about winning 3-4 flags in a row, ran pretty thin by the end of the year. I wasn’t barracking for the pies last night, but I was glad Richmond lost.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"