Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Petracca.

I like the way Big Max & Brayshaw go about their work, but Petracca is all sizzle and no sausage.
    Add him to the likes of Oliver and Hogan and they have some incredibly dislikeable players.

Speaking of which, is Bugg still playing football or is he available to be JJ's full time medal polisher?
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

2. Likes HOSE B ROMERO liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Add him to the likes of Oliver and Hogan and they have some incredibly dislikeable players.

Speaking of which, is Bugg still playing football or is he available to be JJ's full time medal polisher?
    Played reserves all season. Would be great to see him get delisted at the end of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    Played reserves all season. Would be great to see him get delisted at the end of the year.
    Yes, it was more a condescending reference to his status in AFL football. 3 games in 2018 and at 25 there's pretty decent chance he'll get cut.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

The Dees are the ultimate front runners.
    "I'll give him a hug before the first bounce and then I'll run into my pack and give them orders to rip him apart."

6. Likes Dry Rot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I like the way Big Max & Brayshaw go about their work, but Petracca is all sizzle and no sausage.
    He is their Stringer - does the occasional freakish thing to get the crowd and media into a lather but then fails to execute some basic fundamentals. He butchered a number of gilt-edged I50 opportunities on Friday night with flat-out dumb decision making.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I find him a lazy player...stands on the outer too much for my liking and once the ball moves away from him, he gives up and rarely chases. Definitely in the stringer mould.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelGrip View Post
    The Dees are the ultimate front runners.
    While there is an element of truth in that statement, they're still a very talented side.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Was pleased to see the adjudication come through that you can now kick players in a marking contest. This new WWE element is going to make the AFEL much more enjoyable.

11. Likes boydogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    I went to both MCG games, MCC members for both.
    The Thursday night was fine, but the Friday was bloody awful. I went there trying to barrack for Melbourne, but 5 minutes into the game it was utterly impossible due to their supporters. I’ve never seen anything like it. I get it that they’ve waited a long time for this, but they were so awful - really lippy, over the top carry on for every contest/umpiring decision/goal, and a lot of nastiness about them - you just couldn’t be on board with them as a neutral. It’s put me off going to Hawthorn/Melbourne this week. The only good thing about the match up is that at least one of them will lose.

I’m staggered that Melbourne are heavy favourites this week. It’s a toss of the coin for me, but for Melbourne to be so heavily favoured after the error riddled game they played in on Friday, is a bit baffling.
    I was in the AFL members section and didn't notice it anywhere near as much, although I suppose not many Melbourne supporters would lower themselves to sitting anywhere other than MCC.

That being said, I don't mind the Dee's (at this stage) and hope they make it through this week, before getting smacked in a prelim.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    That's the best story I've ever read.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Great story TD. I wonder if he still recalls it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Obviously thought you had no improvement , you had reached your peak and weren’t worth signing up ;-)
    I've got a better one than that. The day Teddy kicked the ball to me.

I am at training, (must have been 1980 i guess) we are standing in front of the John Gent stand on the terraces and I kicked the ball to my mate. Ted Whitten and Charlie Sutton are standing about 10-15 metres past me looking at a Manila folder. My mate kicks the ball back to me but it goes over my head and bounces toward where EJ and Charlie are standing. Being a cheeky bugger I half turn and yell "excuse me mister but could you kick the ball back please?" The ball bounces and bounces closer towards them and without looking up from the Manila folder EJ moves his foot almost inperceptively toward the bouncing ball and the bloody thing pings at me like a tracer bullet and knocks me off my feet. As I got back up I could hear the two of them giggling and Charlie slaps EJ on the back and says "you've still got it Teddy old son"

I felt honoured to be a part if it all!
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Thanks jeemak thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What a boring first half of football. Awful spectacle.

16. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kruder View Post
    What a boring first half of football. Awful spectacle.
    Just serving to piss me off. If our guys kept their shit together in 2017 & 2018 we be at least two time, if not three time premiers. Just so disappointing that the standard of the finalists for the last two years weren't a patch of the 2016 premiers. But ah well, too many hot to party too much and we got to rebuild again.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

18. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hawks dominated large parts but that shocking Gunston miss late in the 3rd qtr was the turning point. Real momentum shifter. Dees unconvincing tonight for mine - just did enough.

Reckon West Coke with Kennedy and Darling in will do a job on the Dees next week - they both missed the recent game against Melbourne.

20. Likes Dry Rot, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

One of the worst consequences of Melbourne's finals campaign is having to listen to Paul Roos fapping himself silly over them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    One of the worst consequences of Melbourne's finals campaign is having to listen to Paul Roos fapping himself silly over them.

Who cares what he says because you and I and anyone with half a working brain that devotes any time on reflecting on his crap understands the advantages he's been handed in his coaching career.

Paul Roos was a bloody good footballer (even though he knew that if he walked out on Fitzroy when he did then it was basically a death sentence for the club, but he did it anyway) but a shit bloke and a very lucky coach to be provided with the advantages he got.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.