Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Quote Originally Posted by craigsahibee View Post
    Just heard Hardwick on the news say that "Richmond probably weren't at their best" on the weekend, then said they didn't need to be.
    I would love nothing more than to see that disrespectful turd be sent packing in straight sets.
    He's trying to sell that internally, he needs to sell that internally.

I reckon he said before the match we are treating it like a final and that was reflected in the players they brought back in.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    I dunno. There was that recent premiership team that didn't even make the finals the next year.
    I know the team you mean. They were the team that won four finals in a row including 2 interstate and then promptly had to deal with a raft of rule changes that almost seemed designed to counter all the competitive advantages they had built up over the previous couple of years.

Or are you talking about the team that gets easy kills served up to them on their home ground dressed up as high pressure finals?

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post
    When's this on? Have lived in Yarraville for a year now and still haven't been to a game.
    Tomorrow. We play Wayne Skipper's Point Cook team for the second week in a row (played them in the last round of the season and play them again in the second semi.

http://www.yseagles.com.au
    Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    I know the team you mean. They were the team that won four finals in a row including 2 interstate and then promptly had to deal with a raft of rule changes that almost seemed designed to counter all the competitive advantages they had built up over the previous couple of years.
    Wow. Sounds like a lot of excuses to me. You can swallow them if you want, but I don't accept that at all.

Good teams find a way. We were unquestionably the best team at the right time in 2016 - we would've beaten anyone - but we fell totally away in the two years after.

You can't seriously believe that for the largest part of the last two years the tripe we have served up is because of " a few rule changes".
    "It's over. It's all over."

4. Likes azabob, Topdog, chef liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post

Or are you talking about the team that gets easy kills served up to them on their home ground dressed up as high pressure finals?

http://www.yseagles.com.au
    this! 100% this!
    The dam wall has busted!

Post Thanks / Like

So it's Richmond vs Clarkson tonight, so who wins and why?
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

If the Hawks can kick at over 75% efficiency, I can see them winning. I think they have the fwd line to worry the tigers defence. Hawks need to get the tigers defender one on one where Breust and Gunston will have the advantage. Sicily will be important and McEvoy needs to have a ripper. Geelong, Essendon and dogs all proved how to beat Richmond, and Hawthorn have the better skills of all.

It should be close. I just hope the rain has stopped, so it doesn’t ruin the skill level.

Hawks by 7 points
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog4life View Post
    I would like the "Dees" to go out in their first final. On the Couch is unbearable with 3 of the 4 being Melbourne cheerleaders.
    The only problem I have with that is the alternative.

I want Geelong absolutely flogged to send Harry Taylor out of the AFL in the most deserving fashion.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

9. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    So it's Richmond vs Clarkson tonight, so who wins and why?
    Richmond should win easily. The Hawks are lucky to be there with several games won by under one goal.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard not to start thinking about the Dogs V Hawks in 16 after Bruest missed another soda in the second quarter tonight. What a miss that was. What a night that was.

12. Likes DOG GOD, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I honestly thought the hawks would put up a better effort. They certainly aren’t playing the style that almost worked for a few other teams. Rich has certainly brought the pressure...will be hard pressed not to make the GF now
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Professional effort by the Tigers. They made the Hawks look like a very 2nd rate side

Post Thanks / Like

Richmond were definitely on, however, Hawthorn as a kicking team never stood a chance tonight. Trying to take nothing away from the Tigers, it all really does fall their way.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Richmond should win easily. The Hawks are lucky to be there with several games won by under one goal.
    Well picked, did you think it would be that easy for them though?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Well picked, did you think it would be that easy for them though?
    I certainly didn't.

I honestly believe there's only one team left that's capable of laying a glove on them on the MCG, and that's Collingwood.

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn making the top 4 shows the lack of depth in the competition at present. A complete shadow of their former self.

When Richmond cranked up the heat the Hawks wilted... yet to see the ‘top up’ model prosper and with an ageing team it makes next weeks game massive for the Hawks.