Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    I certainly didn't.

I honestly believe there's only one team left that's capable of laying a glove on them on the MCG, and that's Collingwood.
    Agree.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Well picked, did you think it would be that easy for them though?
    I actually did. When I look at the Hawks team, they rely heavily on ageing players (over 10 players with 150 plus games last night), and their younger players are a bit hit and miss. The older players were well held last night, and a few are past it (Roughead, Burgoyne for example)

The real problem they have is in the midfield, they have two good players and the rest rotating through, don't get enough of the ball. Mitchell gets a lot of the ball, but I don't see him as damaging as say a Dusty. I am still scratching my head how made top 4.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to believe that Hawthorn were a top 4 team. They're just so mediocre. The competition really isn't a good standard at the moment.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Hard to believe that Hawthorn were a top 4 team. They're just so mediocre. The competition really isn't a good standard at the moment.
    It's a pretty even comp apart from Richmond. It's just the overall standard is a steaming pile of canine excrement
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Hawthorn are showing that the top up with highly paid talent, leaves you exposed for depth, but the depth still needs to part of the best 22.

It is also the reason why Sydney keep making finals but failing and Geelong have a list that has evolved in the same way.

Expect Melbourne to beat Geelong tonight and smash Hawthorn next week.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

How would our 2016 Finals side go v Richmond?

It's going to be a bore of a finals series as I can't see any side getting within 5 goals of Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Bulldogs Bite View Post

It's going to be a bore of a finals series as I can't see any side getting within 5 goals of Richmond.
    I don't know who would have won, but it would have been a better game than the GWS game. And that's one of the best football games I have ever watched.

Post Thanks / Like

The best thing about tonight's game is that one of Melbourne or Geelong will be hurting afterwards.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

9. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, kind of agree, but I didnt think the Tigers were that good - but there effort is so consistent that even when not that on, teams dont punish them - that said an unexpected injury or two to prime movers could bring them back to the field. They've had a charmed run.

Hawthorn fumbled too much for my liking, but when the heat went out of the game, they were able to keep possession and kick a few junk time goals - the hawks may make it through on the other side if other teams cant keep their pressure up against them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    The best thing about tonight's game is that one of Melbourne or Geelong will be hurting afterwards.
    I hope it's Geelong - bundled out in the first final, beautiful. I want to see the coach's face.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

12. Likes The Bulldogs Bite, DOG GOD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm torn. I'd like to see Melbourne go out first round because the hype around them making week two would be unbearable. But then Chris Scott has won less finals than Luke Beveridge since 2012 and I like that stat. I guess having won the same number of finals is still pretty funny.

So by default Geelong, with them to go out week 2.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

14. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both give me the shits but my hatred for Geelong is unmatched, so for one night only, I'll be on the Demons.

16. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Both give me the shits but my hatred for Geelong is unmatched, so for one night only, I'll be on the Demons.
    I TOTALLY get this. But can you imagine the unbearable hubris if Melbourne win?

There's something delicious about the hooplah surrounding their return to September action resulting in being told to piss off and come back again when you're serious, even by the hand of those entitled pricks from down the road.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

18. Likes hujsh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The current Demons playing list is highly unlikeable but the club is a non-issue for me.

Geelong on the other hand have raped and pillaged over $100m off the tax payer for nothing more than having the good fortune of being located in a marginal electorate. Add to that their arrogant asshole senior coach who bristles at any mention of his shitful finals record since 2012, and a bunch of entitled and over-exposed senior players, and it would be lovely to see them bundled out tonight.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

20. Likes bornadog, DOG GOD, Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Mark Robinson has tipped Melbourne to finish runners up. Mark Robinson has also tipped Melbourne to lose tonight.
    Mark Robinson is not a smart man.
    "It's over. It's all over."

22. Likes hujsh, Bulldog Joe, azabob liked this post