Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Mark Robinson has tipped Melbourne to finish runners up. Mark Robinson has also tipped Melbourne to lose tonight.
    Mark Robinson is not a smart man.
    Robbo has since tweeted that he actually tipped Melbourne by 50 points, and his tip printed in the Hun was an error.

Still less embarrassing than the effort from The Age who had Richmond beating Essendon last night.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Robbo has since tweeted that he actually tipped Melbourne by 50 points, and his tip printed in the Hun was an error.

Still less embarrassing than the effort from The Age who had Richmond beating Essendon last night.
    That's what happens when you outsource sub editors
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower View Post
    Pardon my cynicism but he would say that, wouldn't he?
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

What a fizzer of a game it turned out to be last night, but it still turned out to be a great day for my brother. I checked that we could park our car at the Whitten Oval and take the train in from there. I took him outside to the ground and showed him the place I took the pic of my parents when they visited me in 1979. I also pointed out the places I used to stand and sit in my 20 years going to games there. We went inside to have a quick lunch at Barkers Cafe where Chris Grant walked by, so, of course, I had to say hello and introduce my brother to him. I was as excited as a Bay City Roller fan back in 1976! We had a quick chat with Chris and then went into the Bulldogs shop where I bought my brother a Bulldogs cap to wear in Vegas when he plays poker. We then had a look at the museum and saw "The Cup".

Caught the train to Flinders Station and then to Jolimont. The walk from the station to the entrance of the MCG took all of my strength. On the way there we ran into Caroline Wilson. I stopped her to say hello and tell her that it was my brother's first game. I was very polite. Very. She said that she hoped my brother would enjoy the game then went of for a pre-game interview. When she was out of hearing I told my brother about her and just might have mentioned that she's a bitch and that most footy fans hated her! LOL

The MCG info guy inside Gate1 was nice and showed up where the lift to Level 4 was. We took it up and proceeded to our Bay and the nicest ticket checker ever saw where our seats were (MM at the top of the Ponsford Stand) and said she'd call a supervisor to see if he could get us seats where I wouldn't have to climb so far. He came over and changed our seats to Level 1 below us and in the handicapped section directly in back of the Hawthorn goals. I was so grateful and my brother was very impressed. As we waited on Level 4 we got to talking to a woman and her daughter. The mother said her daughter loved the Cubs when we told her where we are from. So very typical of my brother, he gave them his email address and left it up to them on his offer of getting a Cubs shirt and a few other things for the daughter and sending them to her when he gets back to the states next week. He received an email from them with their address this morning. They actually live in Onkaparinga SA and had driven over for the game. So in a couple of weeks the girl should receive the promised goods.

Seats were great and were in back of the Hawks members seats. At least we were away from Richmond bogans except for one that was standing right in back of us taunting the Hawks members. Toward the very end, a middle aged woman about three rows in front of us stood up, turned around and yelled at the Richmond bogan:"Would you shut the eff up"? WE all laughted and clapped. That was the highlight of the game for us.

Took the train from Jolimont back to West Footscray station after the game fairly easily, but just missed the Sunbury train by about a minute so had to wait for the next.

Tonight we're getting fish 'n chips and watching the Swans/GWS. My brother already knows which team I do NOT want to win! He's learned a lot in the four days he's been here, even how to drive on the left side of the road and what a meat pie tastes like.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Geelol
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

6. Likes The Bulldogs Bite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just saw the scores, go Dees!!!!

Beat them by 60+!

Post Thanks / Like

Moar shots of Scotty in the box please *fetches more popcorn*.

The wailing for free kicks from the usual suspects has already begun.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine, lets call him or her, Luke D, wants to know if he hasn't signed a contract yet does he still have to go Geelong for 4 years.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

10. Thanks Bulldog Joe thanked for this post
    Likes azabob, Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm torn on this. I don't much care for Melbourne, but I like seeing Chris Scott lose.
    "It's over. It's all over."

12. Likes Bulldog Joe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This has heartbreak written all over it for Melbourne. They've dominated but pissed away 10 goal chances that quarter. Might come back to cost them.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    This has heartbreak written all over it for Melbourne. They've dominated but pissed away 10 goal chances that quarter. Might come back to cost them.
    Yeah it does. A small reset from Geelong and a drop in pressure from Melbourne and it could go to shit for the latter.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Ablett has been worst on ground IMO but agree - Melbourne have seriously pissed this up against a wall and if Geelong score early I can see them choking

Post Thanks / Like

These misses on goal by the Dees remind me so much of finals we've lost in the past.

Post Thanks / Like

I LOL'd when Duck Selwood gave away a free as Hawkins lined up for goal. What a moron.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

What rubbish we’re watching.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.