Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

This is the beginning of a slow journey to the basement for Geelong. Won't be in Sept again for many years.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong are junk.
    "Loves a scrap....oh yeah & he's a pretty handy footballer as well"

Post Thanks / Like

Nice seeing Hannan ice it. He's still a Bulldog in my eyes.

4. Likes azabob liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That was an insipid final.

It didn't matter who won, Hawthorn will make mince meat out of Melbourne next week.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    That was an insipid final.

It didn't matter who won, Hawthorn will make mince meat out of Melbourne next week.
    I loved it. Great hard contest. Hawthorn are nothing special, Dees will roll them.

7. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I loved it. Great hard contest. Hawthorn are nothing special, Dees will roll them.
    I agree. Hawthorn have too many players who are just not up to it. Very reliant on Mitchell and O'Meara
    The loss of Stratton, really hurts there ability to defend.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

The contest wasn't the issue. The quality of disposal was. Melbourne kicked 1.10 in just under 2 quarters of football. That just isn't finals standard.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The contest wasn't the issue. The quality of disposal was. Melbourne kicked 1.10 in just under 2 quarters of football. That just isn't finals standard.
    Finals a lot more pressure and goals are harder to come by. 2009 Prelim we missed lots and barely put a score on the board but almost got over the line.

Post Thanks / Like

Finals a lot more pressure and goals are harder to come by. 2009 Prelim we missed lots and barely put a score on the board but almost got over the line.
    Almost being the operative word.

So many misses were under little to no pressure last night. Danger and Menzel's consecutive misses last night in the 3rd were inexcusable.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it shows how average Geelong are. For the dees to kick 1.10 and still maintain a 3+ goal lead in a final says a lot

Post Thanks / Like

Had a perfect view last night from behind the goals. Geelong just couldn’t deal with Melbourne’s territory game and were too slow and risk averse with the ball. Even the execution of their actual skills was too slow.

Had to try to manufacture a loose behind the ball to get some over lap and that’s why they kicked it back so much. They had 3-4 vs 2 ahead of the ball and were not good enough to use their numbers around the ball.

People complain about us having too many half backs but a good one to support JJ, Richards and Williams could be invaluable. Even another winger to free Hunter up to play that spare over lap run role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dog town View Post
    Had a perfect view last night from behind the goals. Geelong just couldn’t deal with Melbourne’s territory game and were too slow and risk averse with the ball. Even the execution of their actual skills was too slow.

Had to try to manufacture a loose behind the ball to get some over lap and that’s why they kicked it back so much. They had 3-4 vs 2 ahead of the ball and were not good enough to use their numbers around the ball.

People complain about us having too many half backs but a good one to support JJ, Richards and Williams could be invaluable. Even another winger to free Hunter up to play that spare over lap run role.
    Crozier on current form surely is this

Post Thanks / Like

F*CK I HATE GREENE.

The irrational venom almost catches me by surprise every time I watch him pull his routine.

He's going to get pulled up on his studs-first trick some day ... but it won't be before he seriously maims some poor bastard in the process.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    F*CK I HATE GREENE.

The irrational venom almost catches me by surprise every time I watch him pull his routine.

He's going to get pulled up on his studs-first trick some day ... but it won't be before he seriously maims some poor bastard in the process.
    Could not agree more!

He has been doing this for a long long time and as far as I remember, has never faced any repurcussions for it? at most a free kick against?

Its a horrible look, its flat out dangerous and it has been going on for far too long. I hope something gets done sooner rather than later.

On another note, Williams is a serious player.

Post Thanks / Like

How bad it is to have to suffer through Basil, Hammer and Ling butchering a final? Ch 7 know we have no choice, hence they don't give a shit.

Hate those bastards.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"