Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Best thing for the AFL would be for GWS to lose this game. They're the only team that could wreck see out games.

Unfortunately, they've been very good so far.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    F*CK I HATE GREENE.

The irrational venom almost catches me by surprise every time I watch him pull his routine.

He's going to get pulled up on his studs-first trick some day ... but it won't be before he seriously maims some poor bastard in the process.
    Umps do nothing about it and then give a free kick for deliberate when a kick skews off the boot and goes OOB - get your bloody priorities right
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

God this is a boring game.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

If Greene didn't get weeks for kicking Dahl in the face last year when it wasn't a marking contest, why should he change his ways? The AFL are seemingly ok with it.

He's an annoying prick but I'd love him at the kennel. Seriously good player and impacts in big games.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

There's a fair bit of Geelong about Sydney. They keep topping to stay in it but don't look to be anything but making up the numbers.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Like Geel last night a very mediocre performance and their top players having no impact.
    I will never see #16 the same!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    God this is a boring game.
    Yep. Last night was also an abomination and Thursday night wasn't much better. Ordinary finals series so far to put it mildly.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    There's a fair bit of Geelong about Sydney. They keep topping to stay in it but don't look to be anything but making up the numbers.
    Was thinking the same thing. Their midfield especially is very blue collar and devoid of any offensive weaponry - Hanneberry was their outside silk but he's cooked.

Post Thanks / Like

Sydney actually set the standard to be competitive and not quite win anything when the made the big plays for Tippett and then Buddy.
    This forced out a lot of mid range players leaving them short on depth.

The staying in finals thing is so successful that Geelong have followed suit and Hawthorn also did the same thing at the end of 2016.

This is the reason that Richmond are looking like premiers, but they appear also ready to follow the Sydney path with the alleged recruitment of Tom Lynch.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    If Greene didn't get weeks for kicking Dahl in the face last year when it wasn't a marking contest, why should he change his ways? The AFL are seemingly ok with it.

He's an annoying prick but I'd love him at the kennel. Seriously good player and impacts in big games.
    Someone like Ling's "annoying". Greene's utterly rage inducing. I'd just as soon recruit Hitler.

As I write this he's just pulled his trick again.

Frankly I'd love to see his face caved in when he rakes the wrong bloke across the face with his foot.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Toby Greene with another kick at an opponent as he takes a mark. This time at Zac Jones, who was actually behind him.

The action of putting a boot up in the direction of an opponent needs to be written out of the game.
    Life is to be Enjoyed not Endured

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    The consecutive finals record is now the result.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    Toby Greene with another kick at an opponent as he takes a mark. This time at Zac Jones, who was actually behind him.

The action of putting a boot up in the direction of an opponent needs to be written out of the game.
    Then that anodyne dipshit Ling "doesn't like the look of it" but promptly regurgitates the "a player marking the ball has to be able to protect himself" crap.

There's a reason protective equipment worn is heavily vetted in the interests of player safety. It's same reason maggots like Greene shouldn't be blatantly aiming studded boots at the bodies of opponents.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Someone like Ling's "annoying". Greene's utterly rage inducing. I'd just as soon recruit Hitler.

As I write this he's just pulled his trick again.

Frankly I'd love to see his face caved in when he rakes the wrong bloke across the face with his foot.
    I understand how polarising he is but on talent he is an absolute star.

I also hate the studs up tactic but when you don't get any weeks for a deliberate kick to the head of an opponent in a non-marking contest, the action is clearly getting the tick of approval.

Post Thanks / Like

The AFL need to outlaw this,kicking immediately. Greene should get 3 weeks and miss the GF otherwise everyone is going to start doing this.