Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Yep. Last night was also an abomination and Thursday night wasn't much better. Ordinary finals series so far to put it mildly.
    It's because the most in-form team in the comp isn't in it obviously.

Re: Greene - when he kicked Dahl in the face, about 30 seconds later he took a massive hanger and kicked a goal. It was at that moment I finally realised life isn't fair and became a fully fledged nihilist. He's my favourite player ever now.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    I understand how polarising he is but on talent he is an absolute star.

I also hate the studs up tactic but when you don't get any weeks for a deliberate kick to the head of an opponent in a non-marking contest, the action is clearly getting the tick of approval.
    You're right, he's evidently so emboldened it's his default marking method now.

He's just done it AGAIN, and clearly taking the piss now.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

The only sport you can go in studs up , strange they ban sliding in feet first but if you kick a guy in the guts or chest it’s fine .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

My heart breaks for Harry Taylor. If he nails that goal after the siren against us, he moves Geelong into playing Sydney at Kardinia Park, which based on today they win and move into a semi-final. But I digress, he didn't, he choked and now his club is sitting it out. A shame really.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

5. Likes azabob, Bulldog Joe, Sedat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Re: Greene - when he kicked Dahl in the face, about 30 seconds later he took a massive hanger and kicked a goal. It was at that moment I finally realised life isn't fair and became a fully fledged nihilist. He's my favourite player ever now.
    I thought it was McClean .
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    You're right, he's evidently so emboldened it's his default marking method now.

He's just done it AGAIN, and clearly taking the piss now.
    The marking is a clear second action too. It's a karate kick as a seperate action. It's embarrassing that this is either the rule, or umpires are letting it go.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I thought it was McClean .
    You thought wrong
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    The marking is a clear second action too. It's a karate kick as a seperate action. It's embarrassing that this is either the rule, or umpires are letting it go.
    Maybe umpires aren't equipped with a clear rule to properly deal with this but if they were it'd get knocked on the head pretty quickly once it starts costing teams free kicks.

Greene's the only f*ckwit doing it habitually. By letting it slide the league's extended an open invitation for others to follow suit.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

10. Likes bulldogtragic liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You can use your feet, knee and hands in a marking contest. However you can't punch someone and then take the mark. Just as you can't kick someone. To me it's a pretty clear infringement but he only copped a $1500 fine for the Dalhaus incident so he's emboldened to do it. When he takes out someone's eye, then they will react after the fact.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days View Post

Chortle
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2018-09-...his-be-allowed

*kisses fingertips like a chef*

For a league that's so hellbent on sanitising the game for a broader audience and healthy 'optics' I'm stunned they abide this.

Studs are for gripping the turf, not for regularly and BLATANTLY aiming at opponents.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

It was funny at the time Dahlhaus got it in the face many on here excused Greene’s actions.

As I said at the time, a player like him knows exactly what he’s doing at all times on a field. Just like the Cameron incident earlier in the year, he was committed to the act four steps before he left the ground.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

15. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    It was funny at the time Dahlhaus got it in the face many on here excused Greene’s actions.

As I said at the time, a player like him knows exactly what he’s doing at all times on a field. Just like the Cameron incident earlier in the year, he was committed to the act four steps before he left the ground.
    Would anyone with eyes that aren't painted on even try to suggest he's doing it involuntarily at this point?

The fact it's a deliberate tactic just makes the league's inaction more galling.

I'm sure they'll act once someone has their trachea snapped.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Cracking game of finals footy over in the west. I really like Collingwood.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    Cracking game of finals footy over in the west. I really like Collingwood.
    Big bodies in the midfield and Sidebottom playing out of his skin. They move the ball quick and run hard both ways. Cracking game.
    I will never see #16 the same!!