Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Quote Originally Posted by DOG GOD View Post
    Big bodies in the midfield and Sidebottom playing out of his skin. They move the ball quick and run hard both ways. Cracking game.
    Spot on. No contest shirked. Collingwood have some slick hands.
    "It's over. It's all over."

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent final. Needed it.

West Coke were fantastic taking control of the clearances in the last qtr. Yeo's game was off the charts.
    "Look at me mate. Look at me. I'm flyin'"

Post Thanks / Like

I’m over hearing AFL media commentators making such inane, out of touch comments, for neutral appeasement, that leaves most of us scratching our heads saying to ourselves “No, really”. This competition thrives on its tribalism, not commenting like your reviewing an art exhibition or rock concert.

There are far too many Journo’s and ex players, making a living out of commenting on this game, who are poor performing. Other than AFL Operations, there is no other area that demands an overhaul more for the poor standard that’s put to the public each week.

Not wishing to single him out as there are far worse, Sam McClure on 7 just now on his wrap up of the day:
    “Isn’t it great to see Toby Greene back at his best kicking 3 goals today .....”

Really, is it? Maybe for the one or two GWS fans but the 99.9% of us who live AFL think it’s more an abomination.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    I’m over hearing AFL media commentators making such inane, out of touch comments, for neutral appeasement, that leaves most of us scratching our heads saying to ourselves “No, really”

Sam McClure on 7 just now on his wrap up of the day:
    “Isn’t it great to see Toby Greene back at his best kicking 3 goals today .....”

Really, is it? Maybe for the one or two GWS fans but the 99.9% of us who live AFL think it’s more an abomination.
    I don't know, this martial arts-AFL hybrid could be the success AFLX doesn't look like being

5. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Here’s a David king like stat, since 2012 an interstate team has played a Victorian team in the grand final with only the interstate team winning once back in 2012.
    This year could continue the stat very easily.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Excellent final. Needed it.

West Coke were fantastic taking control of the clearances in the last qtr. Yeo's game was off the charts.
    I could watch a game like that any day. I actually felt like Collingwood were the better team but West Coast capitalised on their opportunities later in the game.

Far out, is Yeo the most underrated star in the game?

Post Thanks / Like

That was a brilliant match. I was surprised to see the much maligned Jack Darling play a courageous match. It shows that big guys can take a while to evolve into their bodies perhaps.

I felt nostalgic thinking of our stunning win in Perth. That silence that came over the Perth morons when we went 6/7 goals up in the last quarter. It also puts our fantastic achievement in context. Collingwood played incredibly well and were impressive but still couldn’t win. With the weight of time our 2016 finals wins are going to get the acknowledgement they should I hope.
    www.bulldogtragician.com A blog about being a lifelong fan of the Dogs and our quixotic attempt to replicate 1954. AND WE DID
    Author of "The Mighty West: the Bulldogs journey from daydream believers to premiership heroes"
    Twitter @bulldogstragic

9. Likes Sedat, Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
    That was a brilliant match. I was surprised to see the much maligned Jack Darling play a courageous match. It shows that big guys can take a while to evolve into their bodies perhaps.

I felt nostalgic thinking of our stunning win in Perth. That silence that came over the Perth morons when we went 6/7 goals up in the last quarter. It also puts our fantastic achievement in context. Collingwood played incredibly well and were impressive but still couldn’t win. With the weight of time our 2016 finals wins are going to get the acknowledgement they should I hope.
    I watched that game yesterday, the silence in the last quarter was deafening. The knobs only cheered when Dickson pulled up sore with a cramp and Dahl got kicked in the face.

Post Thanks / Like

Greene kicking blokes again. Why won't people just call it what is? An intentional kick. The lowest act in footy.

12. Likes bornadog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Greystache View Post
    Hard to believe that Hawthorn were a top 4 team. They're just so mediocre. The competition really isn't a good standard at the moment.

Too many clubs leaving the quality of players is thinned out. We really need to lose Gold Coast and have a good long hard look at exactly what benefit GWS bring to the comp and then get rid of them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimPickens View Post
    It's a pretty even comp apart from Richmond. It's just the overall standard is a steaming pile of canine excrement
    It looks like it originated from bovine to he.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Yeah, kind of agree, but I didnt think the Tigers were that good - but there effort is so consistent that even when not that on, teams dont punish them - that said an unexpected injury or two to prime movers could bring them back to the field. They've had a charmed run.

Hawthorn fumbled too much for my liking, but when the heat went out of the game, they were able to keep possession and kick a few junk time goals - the hawks may make it through on the other side if other teams cant keep their pressure up against them
    Don't let EasternWest hear you say that. I'm suspecting he's a Richmomd supporter at heart.

Not being serious EW, I just have trouble not shit stirring.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogtragic View Post
    A friend of mine, lets call him or her, Luke D, wants to know if he hasn't signed a contract yet does he still have to go Geelong for 4 years.
    That's a bit obvious. We'd be better of going with L. Dalhaus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    F*CK I HATE GREENE.

The irrational venom almost catches me by surprise every time I watch him pull his routine.

He's going to get pulled up on his studs-first trick some day ... but it won't be before he seriously maims some poor bastard in the process.
    I hope someone snaps the little pricks leg in half. It's what I'd do, just grab it and twist as hard as you can. "How did you enjoy that Greene you little *!*!*!*!? Actually I will wait until you've stopped screaming in pain before I ask anymore questions"
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

14. Likes N/A liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
    Don't let EasternWest hear you say that. I'm suspecting he's a Richmomd supporter at heart.

Not being serious EW, I just have trouble not shit stirring.:cool"
    LOL. I just like them, I like the frenetic way they play. Reminds me of us at our best.

They have had a good run though, no denying that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonofScray View Post
    Greene kicking blokes again. Why won't people just call it what is? An intentional kick. The lowest act in footy.
    Protecting space apparently. I wish someone would protect space from Greene with a forearm shiver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EasternWest View Post
    LOL. I just like them, I like the frenetic way they play. Reminds me of us at our best.

They have had a good run though, no denying that.
    I'm in kind of the same boat. Having grown up in the late '60s and early '70s during Richmond's golden years I learned to really, really despise them with a passion. The arrogance that reeked out of Punt rd back then was sickening and the most arrogant of them all was Royce Hart. But the player I idolise most is Royce Hart, even after the damage he did coaching us in the early '80s.

One day during school holidays I was having a kick with my mates at western oval. I took a huge hanger, I must have been 7 foot off the ground when I caught the ball in one hand with the other hand balancing me on someone's shoulder steadying me. Anyway I vaguely remember looking down and thinking "shit, what am I going to do now?" before I hit the ground like a ton of bricks. When I came good and looked up the first person I could see was Royce Hart (he'd been running laps if the ground) standing over me saying "are you ok kid? That's the best mark I have ever seen" It was possibly the greatest moment of my life.
    They say Burt Lancaster has one, but I don't believe them.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm in kind of the same boat. Having grown up in the late '60s and early '70s during Richmond's golden years I learned to really, really despise them with a passion. The arrogance that reeked out of Punt rd back then was sickening and the most arrogant of them all was Royce Hart. But the player I idolise most is Royce Hart, even after the damage he did coaching us in the early '80s.

One day during school holidays I was having a kick with my mates at western oval. I took a huge hanger, I must have been 7 foot off the ground when I caught the ball in one hand with the other hand balancing me on someone's shoulder steadying me. Anyway I vaguely remember looking down and thinking "shit, what am I going to do now?" before I hit the ground like a ton of bricks. When I came good and looked up the first person I could see was Royce Hart (he'd been running laps if the ground) standing over me saying "are you ok kid? That's the best mark I have ever seen" It was possibly the greatest moment of my life.
    That's the best story I've ever read.

Post Thanks / Like

Great story TD. I wonder if he still recalls it.