Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  159
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: 2018 Final Series

Quote Originally Posted by Doc26 View Post
    Great story TD. I wonder if he still recalls it.
    Obviously thought you had no improvement , you had reached your peak and weren’t worth signing up ;-)
    Bring back the biff

2. Likes Twodogs liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hurts to say it, but thank christ Collingwood saved the day as that was a shitful first week of the finals.

As far back as we are, we are closer to another premiership than each of the losers of the first 3 finals.. they're all stuck in no mans land.

4. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Hurts to say it, but thank christ Collingwood saved the day as that was a shitful first week of the finals.

As far back as we are, we are closer to another premiership than each of the losers of the first 3 finals.. they're all stuck in no mans land.
    And it kind of sucks that they lost because we are likely going to get West Coast in the GF and it'll be over by half time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Maybe umpires aren't equipped with a clear rule to properly deal with this but if they were it'd get knocked on the head pretty quickly once it starts costing teams free kicks.

Greene's the only f*ckwit doing it habitually. By letting it slide the league's extended an open invitation for others to follow suit.
    If a backman did the same thing to Greene would he get a free against?
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I thought it was McClean .
    Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    You thought wrong
    He did it to Mclean in the prelim, but kicked Dahl in the face last year.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

8. Thanks azabob thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to both MCG games, MCC members for both.
    The Thursday night was fine, but the Friday was bloody awful. I went there trying to barrack for Melbourne, but 5 minutes into the game it was utterly impossible due to their supporters. I’ve never seen anything like it. I get it that they’ve waited a long time for this, but they were so awful - really lippy, over the top carry on for every contest/umpiring decision/goal, and a lot of nastiness about them - you just couldn’t be on board with them as a neutral. It’s put me off going to Hawthorn/Melbourne this week. The only good thing about the match up is that at least one of them will lose.

I’m staggered that Melbourne are heavy favourites this week. It’s a toss of the coin for me, but for Melbourne to be so heavily favoured after the error riddled game they played in on Friday, is a bit baffling.

10. Likes Topdog liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
    The Thursday night was fine, but the Friday was bloody awful. I went there trying to barrack for Melbourne, but 5 minutes into the game it was utterly impossible due to their supporters. I’ve never seen anything like it. I get it that they’ve waited a long time for this, but they were so awful - really lippy, over the top carry on for every contest/umpiring decision/goal, and a lot of nastiness about them - you just couldn’t be on board with them as a neutral. It’s put me off going to Hawthorn/Melbourne this week. The only good thing about the match up is that at least one of them will lose.

I’m staggered that Melbourne are heavy favourites this week. It’s a toss of the coin for me, but for Melbourne to be so heavily favoured after the error riddled game they played in on Friday, is a bit baffling.
    Funny, I went to the second game we played against them this year and sat in the MCC........and noticed the same thing.

They are so twattish.
    Nobody's looking for a puppeteer in today's wintry economic climate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post
    Funny, I went to the second game we played against them this year and sat in the MCC........and noticed the same thing.

They are so twattish.
    At the same game I sat in their club members section and was surprised how arrogant they were. Just on them being favourites it happens every year. The losers are finished and the winners are unstoppable. Majority of the time it doesn’t work out that way.
    More of an In Bruges guy?

Post Thanks / Like

I maintain that they are the only threat remaining that Richmond has.

And if Collingwood can roll GWS at the G (Which they will do with their eyes closed) they'll get a shot at Richmond in a Prelim.

That's a nightmare scenario for Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post

It's the one thing stopping me from going for them their fans. They're the underdog, haven't been there in ages. It's all the elements to bandwagon. But their fans are insufferable. And always have been. They boo the umpires and whinge at every opportunity and get overly confident when they win a single game, even though the week before they'd lost the unloseable. You'd think, like bulldogs or saints supporters, that they'd be pessimists or at least controlled in their optimism but no. I can't stand the other 7 teams so melbourne gets my vote by default, but it's bloody hard to want them to win! I'm torn this week.

15. Likes Rocket Science liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeemak View Post

They are so twattish.
    The MCC when the Dees are playing is full of the stereotypical Melbourne supporter:

- early/ mid 20's male
    - went to a private school
    - wears RM Williams
    - silver spoon
    - loud
    - obnoxious

Should I continue?

They really are a hard team to warm to, especially when their poster boy also has his head up his own arse.

17. Likes Happy Days liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne should go super hard for Wingard. Playing in a team like that he would kick 3 goals a week minimum.

Post Thanks / Like

The MCC when the Dees are playing is full of the stereotypical Melbourne supporter:

- early/ mid 20's male
    - went to a private school
    - wears RM Williams
    - silver spoon
    - loud
    - obnoxious

Should I continue?

They really are a hard team to warm to, especially when their poster boy also has his head up his own arse.
    Which one?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogsthru&thru View Post
    Which one?
    Petracca.

I like the way Big Max & Brayshaw go about their work, but Petracca is all sizzle and no sausage.

Post Thanks / Like

Petracca.

I like the way Big Max & Brayshaw go about their work, but Petracca is all sizzle and no sausage.
    He likes to make it known he knows Ben Simmons